News: Vote: Commanders? Eagles? Which team is the Dallas Cowboys' biggest rival

CCBoy

Reaction score
Add in the Giants and it's a 3 way tie for me.

Side note: I still miss the Cardinals being in our division.

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...ders-eagles-team-dallas-cowboys-biggest-rival

New York Giants

Cowboys' record against them the last 10 games: 7-3

All-time series record: Cowboys lead 62-44-2

Times met in the playoffs: 1. New York won the lone meeting

Reason why: In addition to being a division rival, the Giants have been a thorn in Dallas' side in recent history. The Cowboys might sport a better record head-to-head, but the disrespect between New York and Dallas is real.

Not only did Eli Manning ruin AT&T Stadium's grand opening by leading the Giants to a 33-31 win, he signed his name and put the score on a wall in the House that Jerry Built. Here's what then-Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips had to say about it at the time:

"Eli is a classy player, a great player," Phillips said. "I really respect him and his family. I don't think he meant anything by it. But it wasn't a great thing for him to do, obviously.

"Things come back around in this league. I respect the teams we play and the players we play. That's the way I approach games, and I expect our players to do the same."

The Giants also broke Romo's collarbone in 2010.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Eagles and giants are tied as rivals. Washington not so much.

Eagles and Giants fan talk the most yingyang. SAS loves the Eagles so I like to see his sad face after each loss to the Cowboys. Giants give us the most trouble though.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
In the Tony Romo era its the giants and its not even close.

Romo-Manning is a historic thing. Amazing games through the years

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Washington.

Currently, the actual poll is running about where I would expect--with Washington and the Eagles commanding a significant portion and Washington holding a slight lead. The poll itself isn't scientific or properly weighed. It could be influenced a lot by Washington and Eagles fans who are aware of its existence. Contrastly, non-awareness may be generally affecting Giants, Steelers, 49ers, and/or Packers' fans involvement in the poll.

The same question comes out in various forms every year. It reminds me very much of the nonsense behind the "________ is the new America's Team for yada yada yada fantasy explanation." Odds are that the Cowboys and Washington will one day become the annual dominant competitive matchup, which may compel some people to re-consider Washington's rivalry status. Life is a circle.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
In recent history for me, it's been the Giants. The Commanders have hardly been relevant the past decade.

fortdick

Reaction score
Sk*ns. Even though they're kind of a mascot for the rest of the NFCE now.

I hate the Eagles more, too, but it's because they're low-class as an organization and a fan base and not because of anything they've ever done to deserve rivalry status.

Mascot! Racist! Oh, wait, we are past that now, aren't we.

Sorry, my bad.

Fontaine

Reaction score
For me, personally, it HAS to be the eagles. I even get sickened when I see someone wearing any Eagles merchandise...damn that sounds bad.

but in all seriousness "____" the Eagles.

:star:

Garrettop

Reaction score
I like having the Commanders around for the simple "Cowboys vs Indians" matchup. I wish the Giants and especially the Eagles would DIAF.

Satchel89

Reaction score
The Eagles. The games with the Giants are the craziest games but I just love beating the Eagles because of their horrible fanbase.

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
For me it's the Eagles simply because their fans are the most obnoxious, annoying, trollish fans ever created besides Steelers fans. In fact, the whole state of Pennsylvania can just go to hell. They go to hell and they die!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It is interesting that even though Giants won 2 SB's in the last 10 years, they aren't hated as much by neither by Cowboy nor Eagle fans. I attribute some of it to Tom Coughlin and the rest to Eli. Even as opposing fans, I think you will have hard time saying anything negative about these 2.

Also, from a Giants fan perspective, I can truly say that the hatred towards Eagles can't be compared to dislike against Cowboys.

For me I don't like the Giants but I never hated them like the others. Maybe because there was always a close tie between Tom Landry and the Mara family.

RoboQB

Reaction score
No to the Commanders. Sorry old timers. I'm 28 and this "rivalry" hasn't meant a thing for my entire life.

The Eagles have been the most competitive and I dislike them the most, but I just don't respect them enough to call them our biggest rival. Their just a pain in the ***.

The Giants-- we've owned them in the regular season, but really owe them a few BIG losses. I respect this team and the games are always really interesting.

It's okay youngblood. I have a feeling the Commanders rivalry is about to be rekindled. Then you'll understand us old timers better. LOL

RoboQB

Reaction score
Commanders as a civil friendly rivalry, The Eagles are the despised most hated rivalry after their fans cheered when Irvin laid unmoving on the turf at the Vet.

I can assure there is nothing civil or friendly between Cowboys and Commanders fans. Being a Cowboys fan in the DC area requires thick skin and sometimes even cevilar... lol

BlueNSilver88

Throwing up the X
Reaction score
Whenever I engage with Giants fans, it is usually with mutual respect. It is not to say we are the best of buddies, but its more like we respect that we have a good and worthy rival to face off against.

Whenever I engage with Eagles fans, they are usually big raging Cowboys haters. They are usually obnoxious to converse with. I usually cannot have as a levelheaded conversation than I usually do with Giants fans. They hate, hate, hate.

Whenever I engage with Commanders fans, oh I don't really engage with Commanders fans. I don't know many, but I'd imagine it would fall under somewhere in between the two above scenarios. They have been irrelevant for so long that I don't really consider it as much as a 'rivalry' as between Eagles/Giants.

I am 25 for what it is worth. I have been a Cowboys fan since 8 years old.