Vote on which time travel mission I should go on

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
It’s all that heavy metal crap he listens to! It destroys the mind and our society as a whole, it should be outlawed.
I don't think so. It's the fact that he is a closet Wham! fan!

iu

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
My newest time travel machine is complete. What I've done is I've bought an old Missile Chasers ride like that had at Six Flags when I was a kid. I also bought several used 707 jet engines and have welded each one to each car of the Missile Chasers. All that super fast twirling means I should very easily be able to go back in time and calculate the date and time within about a month. It also means there are other seats in the time machine to fill, so let me know if you're interested.

Here are the missions I'm considering. Vote on whichever one you think would be best.

A. Go back to 1912 and prevent the Titanic from sinking.
B. Go back to 1963 and prevent JFK from getting assassinated.
C. Go back to 1978 and tell Tom Landry he needs to draft Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott, and Lawrence Taylor.
D. Go back to 1925 Germany to prevent the NSDAP from coming to power and thus prevent WW II and related terrible events from ever happening.
E. Go back to pre-biotic Earth and engineer all upcoming life to evolve as silicone-based instead of carbon-based.

Vote on whichever one you think is most important. Whichever one wins, I'll do that. Thanks.

F: go back to 1945 and tell Cap to leave 15 minutes earlier to get to Red Skull before he gets that plane started.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
A. Go back to 1912 and prevent the Titanic from sinking.
B. Go back to 1963 and prevent JFK from getting assassinated.
C. Go back to 1978 and tell Tom Landry he needs to draft Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott, and Lawrence Taylor.
D. Go back to 1925 Germany to prevent the NSDAP from coming to power and thus prevent WW II and related terrible events from ever happening.
E. Go back to pre-biotic Earth and engineer all upcoming life to evolve as silicone-based instead of carbon-based.

Prevent, as in, "Hey, don't do this! " Yup, that'll change their thinking process.

kskboys

Reaction score
Prevent, as in, "Hey, don't do this! " Yup, that'll change their thinking process.
Yeah, I was wondering about that!!!!

Can they even speak German?

"Hey, ya know where I can find Adolph Hitler? Gotta talk to him."

"Ya, der sprecht mit seine gewehr."

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I love the thought of time travel and the many multiple scenarios that could be possible. Why not do all of them and see what the outcomes would be?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Though, you are creating quite the paradox! Saving the Titanic erases your own reason for going back in time to save it. Furthermore, saving the Titanic would have quite the “butterfly effect” on the world. By saving the Titanic, it would have far-reaching consequences for everyone in the world, even if only for the fact you heard about it throughout your life and in Hollywood film. The paradox itself arises from the idea that if you were successful, then there would be no reason for you to time travel in the first place. If you saved the Titanic then none of the tragedy would trickle down through history and cause you to want to make the attempt in the first place.

Haha!! I love this stuff. Of course, we could open the topic of multiverses. :D

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

Well, no, you'd have to take action, for example in '63 warn the Dallas Police or go to the School Book Depository and kill Oswald. On the Titanic, you could invade the bridge and steer it long enough before the ice berg or give the lookout guy binoculars. You would have to figure out a way to change the events. It could be hard. You may have to assassinate that tiny mouchtached man. Not easy stuff.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Multiple trips would be required if there was more than one gunman and you confronted Oswald first.

~Runs away from thread before anti-conspiracy theorists react~

Not if you convinced the Dallas Police to storm all possible gunman areas.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Well, no, you'd have to take action, for example in '63 warn the Dallas Police or go to the School Book Depository and kill Oswald. On the Titanic, you could invade the bridge and steer it long enough before the ice berg or give the lookout guy binoculars. You would have to figure out a way to change the events. It could be hard. You may have to assassinate that tiny mouchtached man. Not easy stuff.

Why kill the patsy?

Xelda

Reaction score
My instincts jumped all over B, but my heart is with C and then my humanity had to go with D. Do that one and then come back and we'll set up the next priority. I think you'll be spending a lot of time in the Dallas area.