CZ POLL Vote Your Grade for First Two Dallas Cowboys Draft Days

What grade do you give the Cowboys for their first two draft days?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What grade do you give the Cowboys for their first two draft days?

Your grade should reflect mainly on the players they selected rather than the ones they did not select or the positions they did not address, since they may address those in rounds 4 through 7.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Getting a great edge rusher at pick 60 gives us an "A", IMO. We also got a good player to replace Mo this year, and probably Wilcox next year, and a good tackle to replace Parnell now and Free down the road. Great job by Jerry and company. Oh, and all three players were the best player on our board when they were chosen.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
I'd select B+ if an option, but went with A in this. Like Chaz, but had several at that spot that I liked more. Good first few days, IMO.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
Jones and Gregory are damn good picks, especially getting Gregory at 60. Green gives us some versatility on the line. We'll see how tomorrow goes, but I like what we've done, so far.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Solid A.

Just because I'm like that college Professor everyone hates. I never give an A+.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm so glad they didn't draft a RB. I've been debating with so many on CZ that seem to think we have no starter. I'm looking forward to seeing our RB committee prove that they are more than capable of getting the job done.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't give a grade. I haven't seen them play a single down in the NFL yet.

You're grading your projection of how you think they'll fit on an NFL team based off of their college performance. That's doable.

We all understand that what they end up contributing is possibly another matter entirely.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So, we can grade the rounds but not specific players at draft time(Morris)? :D

Pertains to the Claiborne thread, heh.

Anyways, I gave a B only because there wasn't a minus or plus option. Would have gone A minus only because of Gregory's off the field issues and a 3rd rounder on depth, but I do love the picks.

So far, the first three rounds have the potential to lead to 3 future starters for a long time.......just a bit leary on Chaz to contribute this season or the next.

JBond

Reaction score
Based on the film none of these guys excite me. If they move Jones to FS he may be an above average to very good player (they won't move him because they are desperate to cover up previous stupid moves). Gregory is a stoner that could be OK at OLB in 3-4 which we don't run. A 235lb DE that lacks the ability to get off on the snap? Wasted pick. 3rd round, don't know anything about him other than most rated the guy a 4th or 5th.

rpntex

Reaction score
Who are these people voting for B? Skins fans?

I voted B, and here's why...

I would have said A+ last night, but I have serious questions about Randy Gregory. I don't doubt his ability, but I am seriously concerned about his decision making capability. Her flunked drug tests, even when he knew he was going to be tested again. To me, that says that the consequence of not being able to play football isn't a big concern for him. That makes me question just how committed he is to playing the game.

Secondly, I seriously wonder whether he'll be able to put on enough weight to be an effective 4-3 DE. Nebraska has always had a tremendous strength and conditioning program, and yet they couldn't put any weight on him. Maybe he's just not capable of playing at any more than 235-240. He'll get tossed around like a rag doll by some of the left tackles ion the NFL.

I'm honestly pulling for the kid, however. I've been a Cowboy fan since their inception, and have seen guys with worse prognoses turn out great.

9darter

Reaction score
Now they added a pass rusher, I'm feeling better about the CB selection. But still not a big fan of that.

Absolutely loved both picks on day 2.

Makes it a B+. Considered an A.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
With our late in the round picks, we picked guys with a ton of upside-which is the strategy that I think you should take.

We got two top 20 talents at pick 27 and 60. I think we've done an awesome job standing pat and letting the draft come to us.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Based on the film none of these guys excite me. If they move Jones to FS he may be an above average to very good player (they won't move him because they are desperate to cover up previous stupid moves). Gregory is a stoner that could be OK at OLB in 3-4 which we don't run. A 235lb DE that lacks the ability to get off on the snap? Wasted pick. 3rd round, don't know anything about him other than most rated the guy a 4th or 5th.

Ill never understand the so insane desire to move anyone n everyone to safety.

Gaede

Reaction score
I gave a B, because I like all the players, and have a had time giving an A regardless. You just never know who turns out

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
B. The first two picks were absolutely outstanding. A++++++ would do again.

/That 3rd one left me bewildered.

Status
Not open for further replies.