CZ POLL Vote Your Grade for First Two Dallas Cowboys Draft Days

What grade do you give the Cowboys for their first two draft days?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
A, I love what they have done so far. Glad they didnt relax on the offensive line, its one of those positions you have to be constantly adding talent to.

RS12

Reaction score
B. Green's injury history is a big concern.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
*raises hand*

If I had known they were going to ignore an outstanding RB class in the draft I would have rathered they just re-signed Murray.

Same here. What worked for us last year was the run game and we had a solid back. Now we have 3 scrubs and are content with them and building elsewhere. Just seems strange to me that we would avoid getting a RB in such a RB rich draft.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I think it has to do with the Cowboys' proven inability to secure a great FS by more conventional means.

Its not like we get cb right much either, dude. We gonna get lbs to do that, tes to play lb, llt now to te...

JBond

Reaction score
I think it has to do with the Cowboys' proven inability to secure a great FS by more conventional means.

Looking at film he has trouble sticking close to wr's. Let him do what he does best. Play in space and go up and get the ball.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Like the first 2 picks, wish we waited a round for Green/swing T type. Like Def draft so far, B grade

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Not everyone just drinks the kool aid on everything. Jones seems like a smart kid, very athletic, RKG, but I didn't see anything in his game film that made me think he was a great player. Does he have potential? Yes, but who knows what he turns into. Gregory certainly has talent although he is a little light and he came from a school that has a good program to get the players stronger etc and he never put the weight on there. Hopefully we can help him in that area.. the obvious bigger concern is the 3 failed drug tests and then the failed test leading up to the draft in which you simply cannot let happen, the guy basically gave up millions of dollars.. that tells me something is really off with him. Again, he can turn into something special or be a big bust. He obviously fell to 60 for a reason in the draft.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I think the org is thinking if we improve the talent on D, we won't be so cornered into being simply a run heavy team (as last year). The passing will increase but not at the same levels pre 14. But the team lacked the killer intent in the post season and that heavy running game gave them nothing when it came to playing the stronger teams (Packer/Lions who we forget lucked into winning by outside observers).

Need firepower on D too and not to play scared as we did post season. Heavy running teams play scared basically (conservative). SEA was an anomaly and not the norm in terms of conservative offenses winning in the post season (BAL/TB) being the recent exceptions.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Looking at film he has trouble sticking close to wr's. Let him do what he does best. Play in space and go up and get the ball.

Then move Wilcox to SS and the speed on this D has grown leaps and bounds. The range alone will be beneficial for coverage and Wilcox will improve on his reads in the box though he is formidable in coverage as well (better than run support surprisingly) One dimensional SS's are out of date and why zone is a surprising coverage I see we go with too regularly.

visionary

Reaction score
Jones is an athlete trying to play cb. Don't know if it will pan out

Gregory has the talent to be a great rusher but he has a TON of character issues and is way too light to play DE and is not a lb

Green was a reach in rd 3 and had injury issues

This could end up being solid or even great but has too much bust potential for my liking

visionary

Reaction score
He was #3 on Kiper's board for a reason. To get him at 60 is a major steal.

That is as blind a statement as there is

This kid has major character issues and is way too light to play de

There are clear reasons why he dropped

He won't be playing in college next year

If I'm an NFL team and see him in the game, I run right at him for major yardage

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Jones is an athlete trying to play cb. Don't know if it will pan out

Gregory has the talent to be a great rusher but he has a TON of character issues and is way too light to play DE and is not a lb

Green was a reach in rd 3 and had injury issues

This could end up being solid or even great but has too much bust potential for my liking

I really hope his position is FS and not corner, otherwise I agree with your post but like the gamble on Gregory feel it was worth it considering the lack of pass rush talent on this team. You can scheme pure pass rushers (freeney/allen) to contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.