Wade said Holland might start Thursday

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I put it in the Vela Holland thread... But Wade said Holland might start at LG on Thursday.

He said they do like and always liked his talent... But it sounds like they just didn't have confidence he knew the playbook well enough before. The way he said "It's not that we don't like Cory...", it sounds like there's no doubt they know Holland is more talented. I think Holland simply didn't know the offense like he does now.

He didn't announce it yesterday because the coaches hadn't met yet, and he wanted to get Houck's opinion before he said anything.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
thanks cl.

I am going to go listen to wade in a minute I missed it today.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
after reading about all the injuries, this is a welcome change

Holland would be much better than Proctor, Proctor is just a paper-weight, yes, a little heavy, but easy to pick up and move

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Hostile;2443021 said:
Very interesting.

Indeed. How come the phrase "Be careful of what you wish for", comes to mind when I hear the premature celebrating because Holland is possibly starting.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
adbutcher;2443030 said:
Indeed. How come the phrase "Be careful of what you wish for", comes to mind when I hear the premature celebrating because Holland is possibly starting.

:laugh2:

I was thinking the same thing.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
adbutcher;2443030 said:
give it a shot ab, he could play really well for all we know.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Listening to wade today, I didnt know the ball being spotted where the hold was on a missed fg was a rule wade got pushed through.

That is interesting. i never knew that.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2442987 said:
But it sounds like they just didn't have confidence he knew the playbook well enough before.
So he's fat and stupid?

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
theebs;2443038 said:
Listening to wade today, I didnt know the ball being spotted where the hold was on a missed fg was a rule wade got pushed through.

That is interesting. i never knew that.

Missed field goals are a huge deal to Wade.

I don't think I've ever seen a coach celebrate an opponent's first-quarter missed field goal the way he did Sunday. He was really, really happy.

FCBarca

Reaction score
adbutcher;2443030 said:

That fear is definitely there

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rampage;2443037 said:
give it a shot ab, he could play really well for all we know.

That is what gets me, coaches do know they see them day in and day out at practice if a guy is not playing 9 times out of 10 there is a reason. They don't spend all week working for nothing yet fans don't see it so it is easy to say let’s see what he can do but you base it on nothing. If Holland is starting to catch on and they feel he is ready then I'm sure he will get his chance but it will be based on what they are seeing out of him throughout the weeks not just a guess or a whim

1fisher

Reaction score
Chief;2443047 said:
Missed field goals are a huge deal to Wade.

I don't think I've ever seen a coach celebrate an opponent's first-quarter missed field goal the way he did Sunday. He was really, really happy.

You know the man is in desperation mode! :lmao2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2443058 said:
That is what gets me, coaches do know they see them day in and day out at practice if a guy is not playing 9 times out of 10 there is a reason. They don't spend all week working for nothing yet fans don't see it so it is easy to say let’s see what he can do but you base it on nothing. If Holland is starting to catch on and they feel he is ready then I'm sure he will get his chance but it will be based on what they are seeing out of him throughout the weeks not just a guess or a whim

that is true, but some coaches like playing guys who've been there longer, in this case Proctor being in the system longer than Holland