Wade Wilson "Impressed" by Johnny Manziel's Pro Day

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Lol. Just what I was thinking. Who does pro day in pads and a helmet? No one. He completed 61 of 63 and all 63 were snaps from under center. Remember, that's one of the big criticisms out there.. that he takes too many snaps from the shotgun. I think whoever lands him will be gaining an immense amount of talent at the field general position.

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
no chance he falls. No chance he is a cowboy. JJ has already told you and shown you he is riding with Romo and Garrett. When Romo is done, likely Garrett will be IMHO. Till then, Romo, Orton for another year, Weeden.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anything related to the draft is possible when Jerry Jones is involved. However, the odds of him drafting Manziel are... Wait. What was that line from the movie Dumb and Dumber again..?

reddyuta

Reaction score
no chance he falls out of the top 10,is Derek Carr really better than Manziel?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dc2fd6da2c741a3b2f6ae5fcf700e06fafe43267ea271579118ef4292ffb25c6.jpg

:D :D :D

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Any discussion that brings out the trusty ol Dumb & Dumber reference is alright in my book. For the record, I also see our chances of going after him at less than 1%. Stranger things have happened though.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JF will be gone in the top three. That said the real value in QB's is in the second tier, which is where we'll grab one.

visionary

Reaction score
Have to say that even though i have always been a doubter of Manziel, the way he approached the pro-day, his performance, and his attitude changed my mind

He is a leader and has absolute belief in his own abilities, both qualities you want in your QB

you put these things along with his tape and what he did against the best teams like alabama, etc and i think you have to consider him if you are the texans

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Non story in Dallas. Even in the highly unlikely event that he's there at 16 I think the Cowboys would trade the pick.

Agreed.

Given the investment in Romo and significant team needs elsewhere, using the first rounder on the quarterback position doesn't make sense.