Wade Wilson "Impressed" by Johnny Manziel's Pro Day

visionary

Reaction score
Some see greatness by wearing pads and a helmet I see an attention *****. Whoever drafts this head case is gonna see plenty of headlines...all bad.

Strip clubs, paternity suits, DUIs and whatever else this diva thinks he is entitled to.

this is certainly possible

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
He has just as much arm talent as anybody else in this draft and he proved that. My point was that Wilson liking what he saw in Manziel is the equivalent to writing a story saying that Marinelli likes Clowney. Not exactly hard pressing journalism

Anybody else see Manziel on Gruden's QB camp? The kid definitely knows football and how to say all the right things.

Just out of curiosty, what would a guy by the name of Johnny Manziel have to do in order to impress you? Move mountains in his bare feet?

KB1122

Reaction score
He has the strongest arm of the top qbs (depending on how you see Carr). He has the most accurate arm. He has the best mobility. He's the most competitive. He had the best college career.

I just see Roger when I see him. What was it Dan Reeves said about Staubach, that no matter what they were playing that Roger was so competitive that he was always on the winning team? That's what I see with Manziel.

He's a star with swagger. I like that. And if you want to see quarterbacks who liked to party, you should head to the Hall of Fame. It's filled with them.

If he gets to 6 we should definitely consider trading up, IMO.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Some see greatness by wearing pads and a helmet I see an attention *****. Whoever drafts this head case is gonna see plenty of headlines...all bad.
R
Strip clubs, paternity suits, DUIs and whatever else this diva thinks he is entitled to.

This is surely plausible but the flip side is the immense potential you have in him. Like most guys at his age, he has a little growing to do but don't let that cloud our judgment of his talent and potential to excel at the next level. Dez seems to be doing alright. (Knock on wood)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
He has the strongest arm of the top qbs (depending on how you see Carr). He has the most accurate arm. He has the best mobility. He's the most competitive. He had the best college career.

I just see Roger when I see him. What was it Dan Reeves said about Staubach, that no matter what they were playing that Roger was so competitive that he was always on the winning team? That's what I see with Manziel.

He's a star with swagger. I like that. And if you want to see quarterbacks who liked to party, you should head to the Hall of Fame. It's filled with them.

Great post chock full of perspective.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He has just as much arm talent as anybody else in this draft and he proved that. My point was that Wilson liking what he saw in Manziel is the equivalent to writing a story saying that Marinelli likes Clowney. Not exactly hard pressing journalism

Anybody else see Manziel on Gruden's QB camp? The kid definitely knows football and how to say all the right things.

He appeared like a decent kid on Gruden's show. You can tell he likes to play and is honestly competitive.

tm1119

Reaction score
Just out of curiosty, what would a guy by the name of Johnny Manziel have to do in order to impress you? Move mountains in his bare feet?

I don't understand what you're asking. I like Manziel more than most people.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I took this article fwiw. If the title was "Stephen Jones impressed..." then I would have taken it with a much larger grain of salt.

For the record, I like Manziel, Bortles, and that late round QB from VT.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
dc2fd6da2c741a3b2f6ae5fcf700e06fafe43267ea271579118ef4292ffb25c6.jpg

:D :D :D

Very much appreciated this. Excellent accompaniment to the morning cup o'joe.

CashMan

Reaction score

I think you need a fairly recent person to compare him too. To say, QBs who party, are in the HOF is really not a comparable. When did the play, the 80, 90? Pre salary cap, post? Different time periods. With his size, if you want to compare him to Brees, ok. Caepernick, Wilson? When you look to draft someone, you have to be able to compare him to another player, to see what you are going to get, unless he revolutionizes the positions, like an LT at the LB spot. What I see out of Johnny Football, is someone who likes to take off, which I do not like, I like pocket QBs. I see a person, who got kicked out of Peyton Mannings camp(If I remember correctly), someone who likes to party, someone who is the big man on campus, without doing anything in the NFL. No thanks.