Wade Wilson "Impressed" by Johnny Manziel's Pro Day

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the Cowboys' focus in the draft will be on helping Romo not replacing him.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with it but I believe that's what they're thinking.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Some see greatness by wearing pads and a helmet I see an attention *****. Whoever drafts this head case is gonna see plenty of headlines...all bad.

Strip clubs, paternity suits, DUIs and whatever else this diva thinks he is entitled to.

burmafrd

Reaction score
if he somehow would drop to 12 (and outside of being caught redhanded doing armed robbery before the draft that will not happen) jerruh would go after him. He cannot resist shiny toys and this is the shiniest toy that has come out in years.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I'm tired of career third stringers having so much influence on the direction of this offense.

tm1119

Reaction score
Was anyone not impressed with his pro day? This means nothing and is hardly news worthy.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys' focus in the draft will be on helping Romo not replacing him.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with it but I believe that's what they're thinking.

This is wishful thinking,jerry will claim they will never have to rebuild because they have a successor for romo.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
I think if he somehow falls to #16 it'll be interesting. Otherwise I just don't see it happening.

After that pro day, in pads, he's gone in the top 5.

This. Especially after Bilgewater had such a poor showing at his pro day.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They were crappy players, and I'm tired of hearing what they have to say.

Oh you're talking about Wade Wilson.

Yeah, pretty much. Although I don't think that has to mean he can't evaluate talent but I don't have any faith in Wilson.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Oh you're talking about Wade Wilson.

Yeah, pretty much. Although I don't think that has to mean he can't evaluate talent but I don't have any faith in Wilson.
And Red, obviously.

Being a good player and being good at evaluating talent don't have to go hand in hand, but I just think this whole regime is stale.

tm1119

Reaction score
Pro Days are horse and pony shows. I like how Manziel turned what is already a joke into a spectacle that has a bunch of people's panties in a wad.

He has just as much arm talent as anybody else in this draft and he proved that. My point was that Wilson liking what he saw in Manziel is the equivalent to writing a story saying that Marinelli likes Clowney. Not exactly hard pressing journalism

Anybody else see Manziel on Gruden's QB camp? The kid definitely knows football and how to say all the right things.

slomoxn

Reaction score
I don't put it past them and after this wouldn't mind if they got him if he is there at 16, reason being I watched I can't remember how many teams pass Rodgers when he came out and the Packers even though they did't need a qb took him. They got the steal of the draft that year, and we passed him too; so I have no problem stocking what could be a franchise qb and letting him sit for two years to learn how to be a qb and hopefully do what is apparently not going to happen under the current regime.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And Red, obviously.

Being a good player and being good at evaluating talent don't have to go hand in hand, but I just think this whole regime is stale.

There is no way that I believe Jason Garrett can make that kind of decision. What they do with life after Romo is all Jerry.