Wagner confirms real discussions with Cowboys

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
'Trying' isn't acceptable for the players so why is it acceptable for the FO? Who cares if we are 'having discussions' if we never land the player?
You are not going to land all of the free agents you pursue, I get that, but we have not landed ONE big name free agent from outside our team, and have the cash to do so.
This is UNACCEPTABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you can't do the job, hire a real professional that can !!!!!!!!!!
Rant over............

Proof

Reaction score
i see the site weirdo is on the case again.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
@CowboyoWales
Wow speak of the devil . . You requested "A Report"

Now you see why I am a Frustrated Cowboy Fan

So, we made a play for a good player, we lost out to his home town Super Bowl winning team, who also offered him more money. He acknowledges that we tried, but had other needs, he appears to be quite understanding of the Cowboys position.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Again, you had no reason to open it , IF there's 5 open threads. I'd like to ask what the heck do you want to talk about that already hasn't been talked about over and over...lol Wagner spoke and mentioned the Cowboys , I posted it, if you don't care move the bleep on.
again tired old retreads, opening up old wounds over and over =ridiculous ill go ahead and keep saying it..

horse is dead please stop beating it , PETA called.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never doubted they had discussions but I think the Joneses were more in the making Quinn happy mode than putting up serious money for Wagner.

We might be surprised how many discussions the Joneses have had with agents and they lowball enough they might land a couple. Nothing wrong with that, if that is your strategy.

khiladi

Reaction score
This article says what was already known. They talked, but the Cowboys were too cheap.

“We really want you, but will you take a discount?”

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
again tired old retreads, opening up old wounds over and over =ridiculous ill go ahead and keep saying it..

horse is dead please stop beating it , PETA called.

So why you still here move along, it seems other people are fine with reading it, this board doesn't revolve around what you want to and not want to read. It's not old, Wagner just spoke about it yesterday and and it's just being posted by news outlets, it's clear as day in the title what it's about, you could just scroll by it. It's your fault you chose to open it.

Dre11

Reaction score
You are not going to land all of the free agents you pursue, I get that, but we have not landed ONE big name free agent from outside our team, and have the cash to do so.
Rant over............

It's not about just landing a big name free agent, it's about landing the right free agent. Lot of teams sign big names that don't work out.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It's not about just landing a big name free agent, it's about landing the right free agent. Lot of teams sign big names that don't work out.
Understood, but out of all the big name free agents there was certainly one that could have helped us.
Just don't understand why we did not use the money budgeted for Gregory for another DE.
Their were several decent ones available.

Dre11

Reaction score
Understood, but out of all the big name free agents there was certainly one that could have helped us.
Just don't understand why we did not use the money budgeted for Gregory for another DE.
Their were several decent ones available.

I probably would've did Zadarius Smith.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Rant over............
Great rant !! The fact that they can’t see the value of Wagner beyond just his ability. Is amazing. What he would have done for the defense is worth every penny of what he was asking. He would have locked down the MB ? Which would have greatly opened up Micah to be free to roam and wreak havoc from all over the field. One move like that could change the entire complexion of the defense. And that doesn’t include having an instant field general out there. That oh by the way has helped lead a team to two super bowls. Absolute fools running this ship. Nothing that everyone doesn’t already know.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Rant over............
mic drop rant.^ :popcorn: