Wake up! Listen to Jerry. The Offseason plan is Obvious

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think Jerry is playing a game of chicken with Dak. You win me a Super Bowl or you are gone after the season. Dak’s contract has nothing to do with CeeDee or Parsons. You sign CeeDee long term you get cap space. You sign Parsons next season you get cap space. Some seem to not understand that the Joneses have paid Dak his money. They owe around 90 million on the cap. If they eat the hit this season they will owe 30 million next season. With the cap jump that is small potatoes. The Joneses are all in to get their house in order. They have played us perfectly. Next season every game will mean something because Dak and MM butts will be on the line. So everyone will be watching. Just like the Joneses like it. Dak really does not have the leverage the media wants us to believe. Leaving Dallas will hurt.
Impossible to win a SB with an organization that is mismanaged like this. A good portion of you will keep blaming Dak and Romo for that matter.

Thinking Aikman was some kind of God, when he had the best team ever assembled.

Reactions: CWR

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
How do you play a game of chicken when you don’t even meet and make an offer?
That's the point. France is going for the throat, with the assumption that Dallas has to re-sign Dak to compete. Jerry is throwing it back at him, essentially saying"prove it", knowing that the roster will be depleted. Will Dak look like a $60m QB while taking up $60m of cap space? Dak has struggled with lesser talent around him. 2022 was really bad, and they won in spite of QB play. How much value does Dak lose after a subpar season?

Jerry is essentially telling Dak to show him that he can win with less talent around him, and he will get the money he wants. If not, he can try his chances in free agency after a subpar season. He's finding leverage. If he's willing to ride it out, Dak's team loses leverage. The ball is in Dak's court.

dogberry

Reaction score
Jerry sees Dak as Rodgers and Lance as Jordan Love in the near future.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
My only thing is that now is exactly when you push chips in, you have a good but not elite team. You’re close but not good enough but if you made the right moves and additions you can get there. If you’re not getting aggressive now, when will you?
I am interpreting "all in" as they have pushed all their "trust" chips in the middle and depending how Dak and MM perform they wiull blow up this team and start all over again, or reinvest in these two men as the nucleus of the future.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I am interpreting "all in" as they have pushed all their "trust" chips in the middle and depending how Dak and MM perform they wiull blow up this team and start all over again, or reinvest in these two men as the nucleus of the future.
Or they play great and Dak and MM tell GM Jeruh to ---- himself.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Impossible to win a SB with an organization that is mismanaged like this. A good portion of you will keep blaming Dak and Romo for that matter.

Thinking Aikman was some kind of God, when he had the best team ever assembled.
Jerry thinks the Cowboys can win a Super Bowl with the talent he assembled. The reality is the Cowboys have won 36 games the last 3 seasons. He should expect a breakthrough. People like you act like the Cowboys have not had talented teams since the 90s.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jerry thinks the Cowboys can win a Super Bowl with the talent he assembled. The reality is the Cowboys have won 36 games the last 3 seasons. He should expect a breakthrough. People like you act like the Cowboys have not had talented teams since the 90s.
Very talented players, yes. Team not so much.

Anyone who thought we were going deep in the playoffs was foolish. We could not run the ball or stop the run, when it counted the most.

That is not a talented team. Regardless of how many Pro Bowlers you have.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If they take all the hit on this year’s cap and he’s gone next year will we have any dead money tied to Dak in 2025?
Cap is fungible between years.
You just move the money for other players to this year and pay them less next year.
Taking the hit is just opposite accounting of kicking the can down the road.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Cowboys have been getting curbstomped in the playoffs.
They're not just losing, they're getting embarassed.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
My only question to that would be why are we the only team handicapped all of a sudden because we have two studs to sign? Plenty of teams with several superstars that still can afford to bump talent in other places on their roster, and more importantly, go further than one round in the Playoffs.
Look no further than KC. They have Mahomes, Kelce, and just resign Jones to a mega deal. And they are always in it come the post season.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
If I'm Dak I'm not extending. I'm playing out and going to Minnesota. Good luck with Lamb/no QB and Parsons. See you in the funny pages

Chasing6

Reaction score
My only question to that would be why are we the only team handicapped all of a sudden because we have two studs to sign? Plenty of teams with several superstars that still can afford to bump talent in other places on their roster, and more importantly, go further than one round in the Playoffs.
GM Jeruh. That is why.

plymkr

Reaction score
Look no further than KC. They have Mahomes, Kelce, and just resign Jones to a mega deal. And they are always in it come the post season.
Mahomes just restructured his deal creating 21 million for this year. Unlike our QB Mahomes wants to win Super Bowls and secure his legacy. Our QB does not. Mahomes wins in the playoffs, our QB does not. But Dak is a great leader so let’s make him the highest paid player in NFL history. I wish Dak had a glimpse of the attitude Mahomes has.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Next season every game will mean something because Dak and MM butts will be on the line. So everyone will be watching.
yes but they wont have the same quality of the team that failed in 23 !!!!!!!!!!!
So how does that test them or prove anything??
The center and 1 DL just went to wash, others are leaving,Tyron and pollard, gallup all gone and no one better is being added.

So to me to say ok lets see dak and mm win in playoffs this year is insane. they are just wasting our time and their time.

It is just a wasted year.
If they finish 8-9 they will draft in the middle of each round lol, not a good place to draft.
And no playoffs.
This season the schedule is tougher than any a MM team has faced.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Mahomes just restructured his deal creating 21 million for this year. Unlike our QB Mahomes wants to win Super Bowls and secure his legacy. Our QB does not. Mahomes wins in the playoffs, our QB does not. But Dak is a great leader so let’s make him the highest paid player in NFL history. I wish Dak had a glimpse of the attitude Mahomes has.
Mahomes is "all in" on building a dynasty !!
They have won the last 2 SB's and if they win a 3rd in a row, the dynasty is fully here.
It has already started, I think 3 of last 4 SB's and other afc teams cant get to the sb because of Mahomes.

Aven8

Reaction score
Right. Mahomes mega contract. Franchise tag on Snead. Chris Jones now to a mega contract. And that’s just the champs

plymkr

Reaction score
Mahomes is "all in" on building a dynasty !!
They have won the last 2 SB's and if they win a 3rd in a row, the dynasty is fully here.
It has already started, I think 3 of last 4 SB's and other afc teams cant get to the sb because of Mahomes.
Our players are “all in” for themselves and if we win then great but if not then they’re satisfied with getting paid and being famous. That’s the reason for 28 year drought IMO. And I blame Jerry for this more than the players. Jerry created and enabled this culture. It sucks for us fans.

I also agree with you about the Chiefs dynasty. It’s here, they’re the team to beat.

Chasing6

Reaction score
yes but they wont have the same quality of the team that failed in 23 !!!!!!!!!!!
So how does that test them or prove anything??
The center and 1 DL just went to wash, others are leaving,Tyron and pollard, gallup all gone and no one better is being added.

So to me to say ok lets see dak and mm win in playoffs this year is insane. they are just wasting our time and their time.

It is just a wasted year.
If they finish 8-9 they will draft in the middle of each round lol, not a good place to draft.
And no playoffs.
This season the schedule is tougher than any a MM team has faced.
And with a more inferior team it will be Dak's fault.