Walt Anderson is the Referee for Game Saturday

Red Dragon

Reaction score
:facepalm::facepalm:

Capture.png

The fact that he grew up with Texas roots makes him more likely to be prejudiced against the Cowboys in the game, to demonstrate that he is "un-biased." The Troy Aikman FOX Announcer Principle.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
5 straight penalties in the game Sunday night. Him and his crew (although I can’t remember if this is an all star crew for all playoff rounds), call a ton of offensive holding..

Well both teams have inexperienced O-lines. Interesting to see how it turns out.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
There is a youtube video of an ex-player talking about this ref. Be warned there is adult language in the video, otherwise I would link it directly here.

Do a search on youtube for
"Pat McAfee Talks K-Balls and Walt Anderson"

Pants

Reaction score
Interesting stat from NFL statistics- during 2017 regular season, on average there were 13.5 accepted penalties per game called. During the 2017 playoffs, that number dropped to 11.3 accepted penalties called per game. That seems to generally apply every year. Less penalties called in the playoffs.

Either way, the NFL officiating has been especially bad this year. But Ihave never bought into the silly anti-Cowboys conspiracy junk that gets thrown out there. The bad calls usually go both ways. The NFL is so incompetent, they could never pull off a planned conspiracy. They have a hard enough time deciding what a catch is or what constitutes a roughing the passer penalty.
Makes sense that playoff teams are more disciplined than those not in the playoffs so I can see why the numbers go down in the post-season

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Hopefully he comes down with something before the game and can't go. Screw him and any other ref in any sport who likes to be the center of attention. There are plenty of those in the NBA.

Something that makes baseball so hard to watch all the umps want their tv time and love to argue. I think the umps make bad calls just to be seen on tv arguing with players or managers.

stiletto

Reaction score
Don't mind if I do ...

As I've said before, you know it's a big game when people are coming up with conspiracy excuses about the refs before the game. Funny that Seahawks fans are saying the same things. It's universal, lol.

We like built in excuses. We've become a reflection of our Head Coach or at least the guy that was our Head Coach before he decided to be someone else 7 weeks ago....

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I just went on their message board and they're worried too...they actually have this post linked on their message board. They seem to think they get bad calls...lmao seattle is the biggest beneficiary of calls in the history of the nfl and their fans complain?o_O:huh: