WalterFootball: Cooper trade grade

CapnB

Reaction score
Well Philly & Wash offered 2nd round picks...Cooper has NEVER been injury prone.....his production has dropped..BUT that could also be contributed to Raiders and Carr who is a shell of himself aswell
Cooper got a 1st round pick ...hes just 24
If Dallas drafted a WR next year w the 1st. He'll be 23 or 24 and unproven
Dak has 1 year left on rookie contract...Dallas did this trade to see if Dak is the franchise or not....no excuses now Dak has a weapon. Plus Defense cant stack the box vs Zeke

let's be honest here. This is the kind of trade they've gotten away from doing for a while now. I started to think of it just like this. WR was going to be the biggest need next draft. as of today, Dane Brugler had 1 WR in the first round and he was in the late first round. The way you explained it without a doubt was the way the team looked at it as well.

John813

Reaction score
Pretty sure if the Eagles gave them a first WalterFootball would of given them a B or an A.

ghst187

Reaction score
Wasn’t it Jerry talking about taking players in the first so they get an extra year on the cheap?
Ref Fredbeard.
Now they get a guy they will end up having to pay premium dollar for AND lose their first rounder

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't see the injury prone aspect. He has missed 2 games in 3 plus seasons. Played 16 games in his 1st 2 years and last season missed 2 games with a foot sprain and concussion. Now given the NFL concussion protocol now days not a shock he missed the 2 games.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Wasn’t it Jerry talking about taking players in the first so they get an extra year on the cheap?
Ref Fredbeard.
Now they get a guy they will end up having to pay premium dollar for AND lose their first rounder

True, Dallas has not been very active in FA nor in making trades. Cap is in great shape and saw the opportunity to help this team. Granted the #1 was more than I would have been willing to give but Dallas and Jerry have caught hell in recent years for not being aggressive in FA or making trades. I guess he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

KingRah

Reaction score
True, Dallas has not been very active in FA nor in making trades. Cap is in great shape and saw the opportunity to help this team. Granted the #1 was more than I would have been willing to give but Dallas and Jerry have caught hell in recent years for not being aggressive in FA or making trades. I guess he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
Factor in the eagles offering a 2nd for him.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I don't see the injury prone aspect. He has missed 2 games in 3 plus seasons. Played 16 games in his 1st 2 years and last season missed 2 games with a foot sprain and concussion. Now given the NFL concussion protocol now days not a shock he missed the 2 games.
Last year he was never "right"

He had a knee, an ankle and a concussion but it really more of an anti Carr thing in general

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Walt is a horrible and biased commentator, so I normally don't pay much attention to him, but he's got this one just about right.

Easy A+ for Oakland to grab another first rounder when they are obviously tanking their season and blowing up the team.

For us, a C- almost feels too generous. We overpaid for Coop badly.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
It’s not your fault. She must’ve drunk bleach when pregnant with you. This time next year, you’ll think we won the trade.
No I won't his own stats speak for themselves and Carr is a better QB than Dak. I also recommend you squash the personal insults you won't get very far in life.

dallas72

Reaction score
Walt is a horrible and biased commentator, so I normally don't pay much attention to him, but he's got this one just about right.

Easy A+ for Oakland to grab another first rounder when they are obviously tanking their season and blowing up the team.

For us, a C- almost feels too generous. We overpaid for Coop badly.
I dont agree...Cooper is better than ANY WR in 2019 draft....ges only 24 same age as Ridley who was drafted this season ....

dallas72

Reaction score
No I won't his own stats speak for themselves and Carr is a better QB than Dak. I also recommend you squash the personal insults you won't get very far in life.
Not sure Carr is better than Dak....Carr has had really good WR..Crabtree,Jordy,Cooper...and a top Oline and his BEST season ever was worse than Daks rookie season

KingRah

Reaction score
And you are the leader comparing Cooper to Brown.
.....:: You insulted me first. You just weren’t very aggressive with it.
Now back to my point, you and others will live this trade a year from now if not before.

KingRah

Reaction score
Not sure Carr is better than Dak....Carr has had really good WR..Crabtree,Jordy,Cooper...and a top Oline and his BEST season ever was worse than Daks rookie season
They’re both c + qbs. Carr just has a+ talent while dak has c- talent. His arm is average at best. His accuracy is average. His legs are above average. His anticipation and confidence are below average. Romo had average talent, but he was super confident and super smart with above average accuracy.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Now back to my point, you and others will live this trade a year from now if not before.
You insulted all of first go back and read your comment.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Some of these posters seem like they have brain cancer. Per you above.

stiletto

Reaction score
I give them a D for the trade

Oakland gets a clear A for fleecing us

Not even one snap taken....you could look like a real moron if things go differently. You at this point are buying a lotto ticket and expecting to win. LOL