Wanna check out the stadium? live right now... Pics/Vid added

DALLASD94DW

Reaction score
Keep your ideas that (NFL) football is better then football (soccer).

The difference in popularity and fans is comparing millions to billions.

No Football (soccer) is not just a game of the third world. Countries such as Japan and Germany love it. So its not valid to say football (soccer) only reigns in poor countries.

In America we have baseball where hitting 3 out of 10 balls makes you a superstar. Where teams rank high while losing half of their games. Yet people say football (soccer) is boring.

I leave you with quotes from an article in USATODAY heres the link http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/worldcup/2006-07-06-soccer-in-the-us_x.htm

"Beisel, 35, a banker and son of German immigrants, grew up in this melting pot of a city playing soccer and watching games with his family. "It's not just a game for us, it's a part of our cultural identity," he says. "Each team reflects that nation's culture. The Brazilian players dance. The Germans are physical and precise. It's way beyond just being a sport."

"And maybe most significant of all, the pace of a soccer game speaks to cultures whose own dramatic histories span centuries if not millennia. Games are less pointed battles (pitcher vs. batter) and more two-act operas where getting up mid-dribble for a beer would be as unthinkable as going for a glass of wine mid-aria."

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DALLASD94DW;2853518 said:
I think he's part of the Real Madrid squad now, Sucks for Milan.

Yeah they sold him for a lot of money so im hoping that they pick up some good players with that money.

I hope they still get Luis Fabiano.

DALLASD94DW

Reaction score
Rampage;2852781 said:
that's cause we're too far ahead and the rest of the world basically only plays that sissy sport soccer.

Rampage..Zoners.. I introduce you to Exhibit A, Vinnie Jones Ex. Footballer, also known by many of us for his role as Bullet Tooth Tony. Is this what you call a sissy .

jones-v.jpg

I think not. :D

thekavorka

Reaction score
CATCH17;2853512 said:
Milan needs KaKa back badly.

The defensive play on that 2nd goal was pretty bad too. Dude got juked and I have no clue how he didn't see it coming.

I hope they can get a few pieces in place.

Ronaldhino made some nice plays tonight though.

Chelsea vs Club America is going to be awesome. And its at Cowboys Stadium on top of it being a good match.

I was trying to get tix to Chelsea/Club America. Was going to wear my Arsenal jersey and root for America. Too bad tix were just a bit out of my price range.

I think Milan screwed up big time by letting Gourcuff stay at Bourdeaux. I believe he's going to be the next big thing, and he would have been the perfect replacement for Kaka. But I guess Milan didn't expect Kaka to leave shortly after.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DALLASD94DW;2853532 said:
Rampage..Zoners.. I introduce you to Exhibit A, Vinnie Jones Ex. Footballer, also known by many of us for his role as Bullet Tooth Tony. Is this what you call a sissy .

jones-v.jpg

Yeah, I think he's a sissy.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
DALLASD94DW;2853532 said:

jones-v.jpg

I know he's trying to look mean and everything, but that uniform makes him look like a Disneyworld ride attendant. :eek::

And that's one thing about soccer, you can't use your arms or fists. I've never exactly been intimidated by anyone's legs!

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
187beatdown;2853588 said:
I've never exactly been intimidated by anyone's legs!

I hate kickball as much as the next guy, but that's just stupid.

DALLASD94DW

Reaction score
187beatdown;2853588 said:
I know he's trying to look mean and everything, but that uniform makes him look like a Disneyworld ride attendant. :eek::

And that's one thing about soccer, you can't use your arms or fists. I've never exactly been intimidated by anyone's legs!

Unlike football, where they wear pads and helmets , football (soccer) players bleed on the pitch.

And im sure you didnt think out that last sentence before you wrote it, because someones leg brings more strength and power than there fists when someone is coming at you as seen below:

47426025-533.jpg

Amos Bronson Alcott: To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of the ignorant. ;)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
DALLASD94DW;2853609 said:
Unlike football, where they wear pads and helmets , football (soccer) players bleed on the pitch.

And im sure you didnt think out that last sentence before you wrote it, because someones leg brings more strength and power than there fists when someone is coming at you as seen below:

47426025-533.jpg

Amos Bronson Alcott: To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of the ignorant. ;)

Round up 12 soccor players and 12 football players and have a cage match. Those soccor wimps would not know what hit thiem! One swing from a football player and 2 soccor players would flop down on the ground...

:rolleyes:

DALLASD94DW

Reaction score
5Stars;2853610 said:
Round up 12 soccor players and 12 football players and have a cage match. Those soccor wimps would not know what hit thiem! One swing from a football player and 2 soccor players would flop down on the ground...

:rolleyes:

Do you mean against fat offensive line men, because if you look at receivers and quarterbacks i dont see brute strength. You could only wish receivers had the speed the top football (soccer) players possess. And lets learn how to spell before we post ;) . Well , i hope you guys continue to enjoy this thread, im done with it. No sense in teaching you commonsense. Keep comparing apples to oranges. Stay ignorant my friends. :)

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
DALLASD94DW;2853618 said:
Do you mean against fat offensive line men, because if you look at receivers and quarterbacks i dont see brute strength. You could only wish receivers had the speed the top football (soccer) players possess. And lets learn how to spell before we post ;) . Well , i hope you guys continue to enjoy this thread, im done with it. No sense in teaching you commonsense. Keep comparing apples to oranges. Stay ignorant my friends. :)

:laugh2:

Do you wanna put a soccer player and a receiver in a bench press competition and see who wins?

And in reference to my last post, if I get in a fight, I wouldn't be looking at someone's legs and saying "oh man I'm gonna get my *** kicked." (unless of course they literally kick my ***)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Deadliest Athlete brought to you by Spike TV presents:

Soccer player vs Football player

Four

Reaction score
my daughter loves to play soccer

she looks really cute in her little outfit too, those little shorts are just precious.

we got her some shoes to match too.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Four;2853641 said:
my daughter loves to play soccer

she looks really cute in her little outfit too, those little shorts are just precious.

we got her some shoes to match too.

oh, good. put her in the English Premier League and she'd get her *** knocked the hell out.

Four

Reaction score
and yet if I put her on an american football field the players would say how cute she looks, maybe even giver her a shoulder ride.

classless people those soccer players that they would knock a little girl out.

that's just not right.

American football players would never do that, we have something called class.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Four;2853651 said:
and yet if I put her on an american football field the players would say how cute she looks, maybe even giver her a shoulder ride.

that's just not right.

just to be clear, I was just talking about a figurative little girl, not sure if you have a real daughter or not - if so, I wasn't referring to her

what I meant by my remark is that saying that a little girl plays soccer is irrelevant to the discussion.... little kids play football and baseball too, so?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Four;2853651 said:

that's just not right.

Yeah right.

Four

Reaction score
xWraithx;2853654 said:
just to be clear, I was just talking about a figurative little girl, not sure if you have a real daughter or not - if so, I wasn't referring to her

what I meant by my remark is that saying that a little girl plays soccer is irrelevant to the discussion.... little kids play football and baseball too, so?

nope too late for that, you already said you wanted to kick my daughter in the face.

I forwarded it to the FBI too.

you're in big trouble buddy!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
xWraithx;2853654 said:

Letterman is that you?