Wanna check out the stadium? live right now... Pics/Vid added

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
bbgun;2852032 said:
She has gnarly looking thumbs that look like toes.

So it's like a two-for if you have a foot fetish....I don't see the problem. ;)

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I guess the new stadium means no more games like this. Hey, is that blood on OJ's glove?

http://img195.*************/img195/6357/vlcsnap10259105.jpg

Coy

Reaction score
Hostile;2851982 said:
I don't genuflect to the rest of the world. It literally means nothing to me that they love the sport. Less than nothing in fact. So I can admit it just fine. It still doesn't impress me.

I don't think it's entirely true anyway. At the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, China who was the biggest star to the Chinese people? It wasn't a soccer player. It was a basketball player. Not even their own national hero, Yao Ming, was a bigger draw than Kobe Bryant. In previous Olympics the Dream Teams were treated similarly as well.

The rest of the world isn't crazy about American football the same as they are about soccer. That doesn't make them right and American football fans wrong. It means they follow what they know. Nothing more.

Hos, it isnt even comparable, soccer is King worldwide when talking about popularity of sports and athletes, two weeks ago Ronaldo a Portuguese player was introduced to Real Madrid in Spain and 80,000 fans showed up, thats a whole different animal and soccer players over 23 dont get to go to the olympics so not many superstars make it.

What is the most watched sport on television?

Football - Soccer.

A cumulative total of 30 billion viewers tuned into the FIFA World Cup 2002, of which one billion watched the Brazil-Germany final alone."

Here's a list of popular events from a few years ago:
1 Football: Euro 2004 final Portugal v Greece 153 million
2 Olympic Games: opening ceremony 127 million
3 Olympic Games: closing ceremony 96 million
4 American football: Super Bowl 95 million
5 Olympic Games: men's 100m metres 87 million
6 Olympic Games: men's 200m freestyle swimming 66 million
7 Formula one: Monaco grand prix 59 million
8 Football: Champions League final Porto v Monaco 56 million
9 Basketball: NBA finals 25 million
10= Tennis: Wimbledon women's singles final 21 million
10= Tennis: Wimbledon men's singles final 21 million
12 Cycling: Tour de France final stage 16 million
13= Football: FA Cup final Millwall v Man Utd 9 million
13= Horseracing: Grand National 9 million
15 Rowing: University Boat Race 5 million

Initiative collected data from 57 major TV markets, accounting for over 90% of TV households globally.

And another list, more recent events:
1. 2006 World Cup Final (300 million viewers)
2. Euro 2004 Soccer Final (153 million viewers)
3. 2004 Olympic Games: opening ceremony (127 million viewers)
4. 2004 Olympic Games: closing ceremony (96 million viewers)
5. 2004 Super Bowl (95 million viewers)
6. 2004 Olympic Games: men's 100m metres (87 million viewers)
7. 2003 Champions League (67 million viewers)
8. 2004 Olympic Games: men's 200m freestyle swimming (66 million viewers)
9. 2004 Formula One: Monaco Grand Prix (59 million viewers)
10. 2004 Basketball: NBA finals (25 million viewers)

As for the NFL, that´s the KING in my book beleive me, I´m just saying soccer is worldwide.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
This thread is great. Soccer versus non-soccer....

Personally, I don't follow the sport, though I did watch a little World Cup the last two times To me, its like the Olympics. I wouldn't normally watch figure skating, swimming or the bobsled, but will tune in for the big events. People used to think the earth was the center of the universe. Some thing the USA is the center of the sports universe (and maybe it is). The fact is more people in the world watch soccer more than any other sport and you know what, that's ok.

There is no right nor wrong here. Only matter of opinion, and you know what the say about opinions.. ;)

DALLASD94DW

Reaction score
If anyone caught a glimpse of Mexico Vs Costa Rica you witnessed the beauty of football (soccer). A game between two teams that play and let play. In football soccer its boring to watch a style such as the one the Italians used to win the world cup. No one loves to watch defensive struggles without any shots on goal. Then there's penalties, nothing in the NFL compares to penalty kick shootouts. And dont get me wrong i love the NFL, i love football and football (soccer).

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Coy;2852072 said:
As for the NFL, that´s the KING in my book beleive me, I´m just saying soccer is worldwide.
I am not denying the world wide appeal of soccer. I am saying that doesn't mean anything to me at all. I do nto care about the likes and dislikes of the rest of the world. They can like whatever they wish. It has no bearing on what I like or dislike. Why should that matter to me? It just doesn't and it never will.

Coy

Reaction score
Hostile;2852527 said:
I am not denying the world wide appeal of soccer. I am saying that doesn't mean anything to me at all. I do nto care about the likes and dislikes of the rest of the world. They can like whatever they wish. It has no bearing on what I like or dislike. Why should that matter to me? It just doesn't and it never will.

If you don`t like it, it shouldn`t matter to you, why would it? Some people get it and some don’t and that’s the nature of all sports.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Coy;2852072 said:
Hos, it isnt even comparable, soccer is King worldwide when talking about popularity of sports and athletes, two weeks ago Ronaldo a Portuguese player was introduced to Real Madrid in Spain and 80,000 fans showed up, thats a whole different animal and soccer players over 23 dont get to go to the olympics so not many superstars make it.

What is the most watched sport on television?

Football - Soccer.

A cumulative total of 30 billion viewers tuned into the FIFA World Cup 2002, of which one billion watched the Brazil-Germany final alone."

Here's a list of popular events from a few years ago:
1 Football: Euro 2004 final Portugal v Greece 153 million
2 Olympic Games: opening ceremony 127 million
3 Olympic Games: closing ceremony 96 million
4 American football: Super Bowl 95 million
5 Olympic Games: men's 100m metres 87 million
6 Olympic Games: men's 200m freestyle swimming 66 million
7 Formula one: Monaco grand prix 59 million
8 Football: Champions League final Porto v Monaco 56 million
9 Basketball: NBA finals 25 million
10= Tennis: Wimbledon women's singles final 21 million
10= Tennis: Wimbledon men's singles final 21 million
12 Cycling: Tour de France final stage 16 million
13= Football: FA Cup final Millwall v Man Utd 9 million
13= Horseracing: Grand National 9 million
15 Rowing: University Boat Race 5 million

Initiative collected data from 57 major TV markets, accounting for over 90% of TV households globally.

And another list, more recent events:
1. 2006 World Cup Final (300 million viewers)
2. Euro 2004 Soccer Final (153 million viewers)
3. 2004 Olympic Games: opening ceremony (127 million viewers)
4. 2004 Olympic Games: closing ceremony (96 million viewers)
5. 2004 Super Bowl (95 million viewers)
6. 2004 Olympic Games: men's 100m metres (87 million viewers)
7. 2003 Champions League (67 million viewers)
8. 2004 Olympic Games: men's 200m freestyle swimming (66 million viewers)
9. 2004 Formula One: Monaco Grand Prix (59 million viewers)
10. 2004 Basketball: NBA finals (25 million viewers)

if Football was played worldwide do you think soccer would still be the most popular sport?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rampage;2852665 said:
if Football was played worldwide do you think soccer would still be the most popular sport?

There is no telling how many years it would take for the popularity to over take.

Its just like Soccer in America.

Imagine if Reggie Bush had grown up dreaming to be a Soccer player?

None of those kids will ever grow up dreaming to be an NFL player anytime soon.

I think its debatable as to which fans are more passionate about their sport as well.

Coy

Reaction score
Rampage;2852665 said:

Aside from what catch 17 said, it would be very difficult for football to be a worldwide sport at the level that the NFL is played at because unlike soccer as an individual you need certain physical skills that are unique that most persons around the world do not have.

Coy

Reaction score
Rampage;2852704 said:
it's a simple yes or no question

OK then, putting it that way, NO, although I don`t see it as a simple yes or no answer because it is not possible.

Coy

Reaction score
Rampage;2852739 said:
you're crazy

Bro, It`s not a question of me or you, there are more than 6 billion people in the world, if the question is directed at me there`s no doubt the answer is football by a mile but clearly that`s not the point, I`d say you are the crazy one if you thing football would be more popular than soccer around the world.

DALLASD94DW

Reaction score
Rampage;2852739 said:
you're crazy

The roots of football (soccer) are much deeper then NFL. Soccer as you guys call it has been around since the Aztecs, In very early Chinese history, its been all over the world. It's a tradition, a part of people's lives. Being ignorant towards soccer is like being ignorant towards SI units (the metric system) because we prefer the English System of measurement here. People around the world dislike NFL football with a passion as you hate soccer. People think its just a bunch of guys hitting themselves and chasing after a ball. Hence why i am the first generation in my family to watch football (NFL). I developed a love for NFL football, a passion.

As Americans we want to stand out, be unique, that's why we have our own sports and ideas, we choose to lead the way and not follow, but when it comes to sports, we are alone. No one is going to follow.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
DALLASD94DW;2852772 said:
The roots of football (soccer) are much deeper then NFL. Soccer as you guys call it has been around since the Aztecs, In very early Chinese history, its been all over the world. It's a tradition, a part of people's lives. Being ignorant towards soccer is like being ignorant towards SI units (the metric system) because we prefer the English System of measurement here. People around the world dislike NFL football with a passion as you hate soccer. People think its just a bunch of guys hitting themselves and chasing after a ball. Hence why i am the first generation in my family to watch football (NFL). I developed a love for NFL football, a passion.

As Americans we want to stand out, be unique, that's why we have our own sports and ideas, we choose to lead the way and not follow, but when it comes to sports, we are alone. No one is going to follow.
that's cause we're too far ahead and the rest of the world basically only plays that sissy sport soccer.

tecolote

Reaction score
Rampage;2852781 said:
that's cause we're too far ahead and the rest of the world basically only plays that sissy sport soccer.

Are you 12?

DALLASD94DW

Reaction score
Rampage;2852781 said:

It seems to me we've fallen behind on many things, we are no longer far ahead of anyone, unfortunately. Maybe 20-30 years ago that was true..