Want Keyshawn back?

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
theogt;1317595 said:
I knew someone would say this and started to add something to my post about that. The rarity of Romo is what makes his story so great. Lightning rarely strikes twice.

I like what I've seen from Hurd and Austin when they've played. I don't expect more than a Crayton type role out of either, though.

I was just busting you a little.

I wouldnt feel too comfortable either with 3 undrafted FAs as our passing attack in years to come.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
TexasAce;1317390 said:

Hell YES! But only as a #3 WR in the slot. T.O. is consistantly doubled, and with Glenn as a deep threat, Key could be the best #3 WR in the whole NFL next season. He would also add veteran leadership that is sorely missing.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;1317702 said:
Hell YES! But only as a #3 WR in the slot. T.O. is consistantly doubled, and with Glenn as a deep threat, Key could be the best #3 WR in the whole NFL next season. He would also add veteran leadership that is sorely missing.

And gives the young WRs zero time to developement who would have to replace 3 old timers.

Eddie

Reaction score
Now is the time to bring in our future Michael Irvin. :)

WR's usually take a year or two to develop. Few come in off the bat and dominate.

We should groom our future franchise WR now while we still have time to groom him ... while we still have vets at WR. No way do we go into 2007 with Austin, Crayton, and Miles as the 2008 starters.

Now, if we could find the next Marquis Colston, then we may not be that bad off.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
We know that Owens & Glenn are better than KJ, common knowledge in the NFL.

My opinion right now is that Crayton is also better than KJ, and plenty younger. Of course that is only my opinion.

I really like Crayton, so no thanks to KJ.

joseephuss

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1317901 said:
We know that Owens & Glenn are better than KJ, common knowledge in the NFL.

My opinion right now is that Crayton is also better than KJ, and plenty younger. Of course that is only my opinion.

I really like Crayton, so no thanks to KJ.

Al Michaels threw out a stat about Crayton at the end of the season. He has the highest QB rating of passes thrown his direction. One of those weird stats that makes you wonder who has time to collect that kind of info. Any way I like it because it means that although they don't throw the ball that much to Crayton when they do he does a lot with it. He catches most of them, gets good yardage and scores TDs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TO and Keyshawn together? I don't think combo would be good for anyone. I'm all for drafting a WR and keeping the current ones we have but I just don't see these 2 guys mixing well

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I always thought Key should switch to Tightend after he slowed down and if he could put on 10 - 15 pounds.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1317936 said:
TO and Keyshawn together? I don't think combo would be good for anyone. I'm all for drafting a WR and keeping the current ones we have but I just don't see these 2 guys mixing well

We all remember KJ having issues with W. Cherbet, but has Owens ever had issues with another receiver on his team ?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1317940 said:
We all remember KJ having issues with W. Cherbet, but has Owens ever had issues with another receiver on his team ?

I remember Key having issue with Cherbet and patching things up with him as well. Regardless I don't think having these 2 players together is a good ideal so I would pass on Key should he be on the market this off-season

joseephuss

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1317946 said:
I remember Key having issue with Cherbet and patching things up with him as well. Regardless I don't think having these 2 players together is a good ideal so I would pass on Key should he be on the market this off-season

When did Key patch things up with Chrebet? Didn't it occur after Key was in Tampa for a couple of seasons? It wasn't when they were teammates.

No to Key. He is past his prime. Dallas needs youth and adding another over 30 receiver would be a bad move. Especially one who is not near the top of their game. I also am of the opinion that the top of his game was never that great anyway. He was never as good as his mouth or draft status.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1317946 said:

Oh, I never saw that they patched anything up.

Regardless, Owens and Glenn are obviously better than KJ, and I would much rather have Crayton than KJ so I'll pass on Key too.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
joseephuss;1317960 said:
When did Key patch things up with Chrebet? Didn't it occur after Key was in Tampa for a couple of seasons? It wasn't when they were teammates.

No to Key. He is past his prime. Dallas needs youth and adding another over 30 receiver would be a bad move. Especially one who is not near the top of their game. I also am of the opinion that the top of his game was never that great anyway. He was never as good as his mouth or draft status.

I did not mean to make it sound like they patched things up while Key was still in NY, sorry if I made it seem that way. As for Key talent I think the guy is great at what he does, he is a possesion receiver who can make the tough catches and take the big hit. I would not bring him back at this stage because I don't think Key and TO could co-exsist

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1317976 said:
I did not mean to make it sound like they patched things up while Key was still in NY, sorry if I made it seem that way. As for Key talent I think the guy is great at what he does, he is a possesion receiver who can make the tough catches and take the big hit. I would not bring him back at this stage because I don't think Key and TO could co-exsist

KJ said on Stephen A. Smith prior to Owens signing with Dallas, and when Key was still a Cowboy, that he would have no problem with Owens coming to Dallas.

And since Owens has never had an issue with another WR, they may work well together, who knows, .. I just don't think KJ would be an upgrade to any of our top 3 receivers.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1317982 said:
KJ said on Stephen A. Smith prior to Owens signing with Dallas, and when Key was still a Cowboy, that he would have no problem with Owens coming to Dallas.

And since Owens has never had an issue with another WR, they may work well together, who knows, .. I just don't think KJ would be an upgrade to any of our top 3 receivers.

What guys say and what they do are 2 different things. I would not put Moss and Owens together and I would not run the risk of having Key and Owens together no matter what they say. We take a big enough risk of distraction with TO and do not need to add another WR who has a rep for running his mouth and having blowups.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Wrangler87;1317387 said:
Panthers | Johnson mulling whether to return next season
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 08:11:05 -0800
Scott Fowler, of the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/129">Charlotte Observer, reports Carolina Panthers WR Keyshawn Johnson is undecided on whether he will return to play in 2007. Earlier this year, Johnson had stated he'd only play for Carolina if offensive coordinator Dan Henning was retained. Henning was fired earlier this week. "I don't know, man," Johnson said. "There's so much bull that goes along with the NFL. This is one of the toughest calls I've ever had to make. I could play until I'm 40. But I've always felt like that in the offseason, if I start to feel like maybe it isn't for me, then maybe it's time to say, `Never mind.' " Johnson added that he will not participate in learning a new offensive system in Charlotte. "I'm a California guy. My kids (ages 11 and 8, they live with Johnson's ex-wife) are here. You ask me to come in there in March -- nope. You're taking valuable time away from me and my kids," Johnson said.

Yes. I say it gives us more of a threat, more worries for Defensive Cordinators. But at what price Keyshawn is coming for?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I say NO to Key. Has he ever made a team better? He went to the Bucs, they won a SB, but not because of the Offense, because they had a D that no one could score on, He came to Dallas and didn't help us to do anything, he went to Carolina and they couldn't even make the playoffs, after going deep in them last year. He is not worth the money he thinks he is.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1317984 said:
What guys say and what they do are 2 different things. I would not put Moss and Owens together and I would not run the risk of having Key and Owens together no matter what they say. We take a big enough risk of distraction with TO and do not need to add another WR who has a rep for running his mouth and having blowups.

I think we agree, neither of us want KJ, .. just for different reasons maybe.

Urinal Mint

Reaction score
Why anybody wouldn't want a fiery leader like Keyshawn Johnson on their team is beyond me. The guy plays his heart out every game, makes a lot of gritty, tough catches in places a lot of WRs don't like to go, and does what he can to inspire his teammates.

I don't understand why people whine that he didn't score a lot when he had old statues like Testaverde and Bledsoe throwing him the ball. Don't you think a guy that will work his tail off for the ball would fit in well with a QB that can keep plays alive with his ability to move around?

He's still a great complement to Terry Glenn.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Urinal Mint;1318095 said:
Why anybody wouldn't want a fiery leader like Keyshawn Johnson on their team is beyond me.

Oh he can be on the team, he just can't be one of the top 3 receivers. :D

He's still a great complement to Terry Glenn.

Instead of Owens ?? :confused:

No thank you.