Want to be a happier fan?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Then remove the owner and his son from this and make it just about you and your team.

I have seen this for years. "Won't get fooled again" or "I am through buying his snake oil".

Actually blaming him for you doing exactly what you want to do, being a fan. Do you see any logic or rationale to being a fan of a sports team? I do not. It is pure emotion.

Give yourself a break, allow yourself the luxury of being a fan, you can believe whatever you want and hope is not a four letter word, it is the foundation of being a human being.

One thing about the optimists and the pessimists, besides the fact there is no intelligence or knowledge of the game difference between the two. If the season goes poorly, both will be equally disappointed because that pessimist "told you so" card doesn't play well on a fan site. And it surely doesn't make the pessimist feel better.

There is no right or wrong to being as fan, we are all goofy as hell. Doubt that, ask the people, the non-fans, around you.

And ditch the "that's it, I'm through" gyration because no, you are not giving up because you are a fan. You can't help it.

Folks, isn't there enough negative vibe going around in this country without us choosing that? Don't you want to escape that, if even for a short period of time?

If you don't believe or have hope, I am not saying fake optimism but you might give pause to trying to rain on those that are trying to be positive.

I agree, I'm done with this team, it's over, it sucks in week 3, team goes on a winning streak, man I LOVE THIS TEAM lol

JBS

Reaction score
12-5 in 2021...

rva-QRHCzis-Feo.gif

You would think last season was a successful season

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
noshame, I am like everyone else, after a while it just gets to me. The bickering over really nothing.

And being that half full glass, and I probably would have even liked what was in it anyway, guy for most of my life, I feel am doing part of my penance for trying to shut down all those who tried to turn me.

The other day someone asked me "what is your definition of wise"? I said I do not consider myself wise but I do consider myself smarter realizing what I really didn't know back then. But back then, I had not learned to listen.....really listen.
Funny part is, after whining about the Joneses from 97 to 2019, I believe Jerry and company are on the right path, granted it's a long walk, but they're walking.

zerofill

Reaction score
If the season goes poorly, both will be equally disappointed because that pessimist "told you so" card doesn't play well on a fan site.

None of us really need to say that anymore when it comes to the Cowboys. We already know what to expect. Anything beyond disappointment is a pleasant surprise lol.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Being a happy fan 101. lol
For me it is simple, IT IS JUST A GAME. While I am a die hard Cowboys fan at the end of the day if they make it to the SB I get nothing, nada, no ring no money no nothing. Other than some personal satisfaction that my team won. For me I still have to get up the next day go to work to provide for my family. Football is an escape. Just as going out and playing 18 holes is an escape. I enjoy any Sunday my team goes out and wins, yet around here Dallas wins by 3 and people are complaining because they did not win by 14. Truly is amazing Cowboys win and you expect to come here and see a happy board but no I have never seen this sight where people were happy. They lose and you would think the world was coming to an end.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I haven’t listened to much JJ has had to say in years. But you can still see his hand prints in this team. If he gets Payton as HC then he will need to turn the reigns over to him. Maybe he is finally old enough to want to set back and watch his team play, I doubt it, he may say it until a player comes around he wants or he wants to see a player on the field. He can’t help himself.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Maybe I'm psychotic.

I'm definitely a Gemini, so close enough....

49.9 % of me fully understands this team has no shot.

The rest thinks the 20 things they need to go the right way will happen and the Jerry Jones ego show will prevail in the end.

I'm truly hopeful of that this time every year.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know you have better taste than that, but the market demands copious amounts of Bourbon and sacrifice in purchasing price has to be made.
Wise choice my drinking friend.
Wise choice.

17 games, yes?
Crap.
Like the Gobbler since my College days and I fear he will be greatly required this coming season.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Human nature is well represented on this site. But the fact remains, when you bash someone or something that is well loved or respected, the people that revere said object could get upset. Like my grandma used to say...if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all. You could say, well they shouldn't get bothered by it, but that's kind of like victim blaming.
And my wife always wondered why I was so quiet all the time!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you want fans to be positive, but you'll keep bashing the owner? Lol
I separated the owner from the team a long time back in order to stay a fan of the team. I avoid exposure to him/son except when it is posted here.

He decided some time back to make himself the face of the franchise and I decided to ignore that ugly face.

And I don't necessarily want members to be positive, everyone comes here for their own reasons. I just get tired of the same ole attack that the optimistic and positive fans are ignorant about the game and that's why they are positive.

Words like "reality" get thrown around when it is nothing but perception. Because the first thing about reality is that it can change. As it often does.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, silver lining forum.

But if you look thru many of these other sub forums many of them lack activity. A Happy forum would just be another one . I’m all for trying to provide this segment a safe harbor.
LMAO, like the ones tired of everything is sour need a safe harbor.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I separated the owner from the team a long time back in order to stay a fan of the team. I avoid exposure to him/son except when it is posted here.

He decided some time back to make himself the face of the franchise and I decided to ignore that ugly face.

And I don't necessarily want members to be positive, everyone comes here for their own reasons. I just get tired of the same ole attack that the optimistic and positive fans are ignorant about the game and that's why they are positive.

Words like "reality" get thrown around when it is nothing but perception. Because the first thing about reality is that it can change. As it often does.
So, you separate the owner but still bash him....maybe some should separate Dak or Zeke from the team....would it make things better? They can still bash them, but it'll be OK because they separated them from the team.....hmmmm, it might work. Too bad I didn't separate Garrett from the team, because he sucked.
:facepalm::huh::facepalm:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The only way to be a happier fan is not to take the Cowboys/football that seriously. Too many fans get overly invested in the Cowboys and their ownership which can lead to misery. Anyone who frequents this board regularly is not a happy fan. Too much of your world revolves around the Cowboys.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The only way to be a happier fan is not to take the Cowboys/football that seriously. Too many fans get overly invested in the Cowboys and their ownership which can lead to misery. Anyone who frequents this board regularly is not a happy fan. Too much of your world revolves around the Cowboys.
Some of us frequent this board for the humor and friendships in the less intense "Zones", more than for the arguing and vitriol inherent in some "Zones".

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then remove the owner and his son from this and make it just about you and your team.

I have seen this for years. "Won't get fooled again" or "I am through buying his snake oil".

Actually blaming him for you doing exactly what you want to do, being a fan. Do you see any logic or rationale to being a fan of a sports team? I do not. It is pure emotion.

Give yourself a break, allow yourself the luxury of being a fan, you can believe whatever you want and hope is not a four letter word, it is the foundation of being a human being.

One thing about the optimists and the pessimists, besides the fact there is no intelligence or knowledge of the game difference between the two. If the season goes poorly, both will be equally disappointed because that pessimist "told you so" card doesn't play well on a fan site. And it surely doesn't make the pessimist feel better.

There is no right or wrong to being as fan, we are all goofy as hell. Doubt that, ask the people, the non-fans, around you.

And ditch the "that's it, I'm through" gyration because no, you are not giving up because you are a fan. You can't help it.

Folks, isn't there enough negative vibe going around in this country without us choosing that? Don't you want to escape that, if even for a short period of time?

If you don't believe or have hope, I am not saying fake optimism but you might give pause to trying to rain on those that are trying to be positive.
And now a rebuttal from anyone disagreeing with your post...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Some of us frequent this board for the humor and friendships in the less intense "Zones", more than for the arguing and vitriol inherent in some "Zones".

I don’t spend much time in the other Zones. The ones who spend most of their time in this Zone are invested and some are too invested. They use the board as a platform to rant and voice their displeasure. Some take out their frustrations on other fans who come here. Others come here just to stir things up.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t spend much time in the other Zones. The ones who spend most of their time in this Zone are invested and some are too invested. They use the board as a platform to rant and voice their displeasure. Some take out their frustrations on other fans who come here. Others come here just to stir things up.
Which is exactly why I skip a lot of the threads here, just by reading the titles. Sometimes I'll check them out to see how long it took to turn into a Dak (or whomever) thread.