Want to be a happier fan?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, you separate the owner but still bash him....maybe some should separate Dak or Zeke from the team....would it make things better? They can still bash them, but it'll be OK because they separated them from the team.....hmmmm, it might work. Too bad I didn't separate Garrett from the team, because he sucked.
:facepalm::huh::facepalm:
Dak and Zeke are part of the team. Booger isn't in my view.

Did you have to separate Clint Muchison or Bum Bright from the team? No, because they did not feel the need to project themselves into it. Even Tex Schramm knew where to break it off between himself and the team,

The team is the coaches and players to me, nothing beyond that. No cheerleaders, no mascot, and no owner. Just the team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t spend much time in the other Zones. The ones who spend most of their time in this Zone are invested and some are too invested. They use the board as a platform to rant and voice their displeasure. Some take out their frustrations on other fans who come here. Others come here just to stir things up.
True of any forum like this about a team as popular.

Some misunderstood my intent. I do not care to have a happy place. If some of these members are as miserable as they seem to be, it was an attempt for them to lighten up and possibly remove part of their irritation.

Let me ask y'all. A video goes up of either Booger and/or son and what usually follows that in the posts? Some are allowing those two to make things worse for them. That's why my first suggestion was to fix that.

When they try to blow sunshine up your skirt, poop on them.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which is exactly why I skip a lot of the threads here, just by reading the titles. Sometimes I'll check them out to see how long it took to turn into a Dak (or whomever) thread.
Some have developed an intense dislike for another so it really doesn't matter the thread title or topic, they're stalking each other across the threads.

Some even bait members by name and assume what they will post before they even show up. Since I don't frequent other sites, I don't know if that isn't just normal like all social media.

And don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, I love the Zone and am addicted to it like many others and there are some fine people here and some fine discussions take place.

I am just the kind of guy that if I see something that might be improved, I bring it up. The real world is a mean ole place and we all need a port in the storm.

Sounds sappy, but I am a sappy guy, but I look forward to seeing those same familiar monikers, and some new ones as well, every day I come here.

Count up the time we've been here or there and the amount of interaction between each other and some of these are strong relationships.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak and Zeke are part of the team. Booger isn't in my view.

Did you have to separate Clint Muchison or Bum Bright from the team? No, because they did not feel the need to project themselves into it. Even Tex Schramm knew where to break it off between himself and the team,

The team is the coaches and players to me, nothing beyond that. No cheerleaders, no mascot, and no owner. Just the team.
The team is whoever Jerry chooses to pay....he makes the team, wether you like it or not....you are at his mercy. Lol!! Bow to the Booger!

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Then remove the owner and his son from this and make it just about you and your team.

I have seen this for years. "Won't get fooled again" or "I am through buying his snake oil".

Actually blaming him for you doing exactly what you want to do, being a fan. Do you see any logic or rationale to being a fan of a sports team? I do not. It is pure emotion.

Give yourself a break, allow yourself the luxury of being a fan, you can believe whatever you want and hope is not a four letter word, it is the foundation of being a human being.

One thing about the optimists and the pessimists, besides the fact there is no intelligence or knowledge of the game difference between the two. If the season goes poorly, both will be equally disappointed because that pessimist "told you so" card doesn't play well on a fan site. And it surely doesn't make the pessimist feel better.

There is no right or wrong to being as fan, we are all goofy as hell. Doubt that, ask the people, the non-fans, around you.

And ditch the "that's it, I'm through" gyration because no, you are not giving up because you are a fan. You can't help it.

Folks, isn't there enough negative vibe going around in this country without us choosing that? Don't you want to escape that, if even for a short period of time?

If you don't believe or have hope, I am not saying fake optimism but you might give pause to trying to rain on those that are trying to be positive.

Fans are different.....no right way or wrong way to being a fan. I don't live my life with blinders on nor am i too freaking sensitive that i have to bury my head in the sand to try to wipe out any "negativity" that is going on. One person's negativity is another person's constructive criticism.. Just do what i do... Get a life, have hobbies, and don't have the Cowboys dictate your quality of life. It is just a game, for entertainment purposes only. Feel free to express yourself however you feel comfortable. Live and let live... :thumbup: