Want to be a happier fan?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It does, if you can manage to complain in a way that gets an intentional laugh.
I often fail at that. Sometimes I succeed, but:
Comedy can be hard. So many different takes people will interpret a joke...
I mean, you can pick the low-hanging fruit and get a few "yeahs", but obtaining true laughter is a hard thing.
I respect the work @Risen Star does because he truly offers posts that make you smile and laugh at his dexterous sarcasm.
Even though he's kinda crap at everything else,
I give a soundly golf clap at his strength.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I often fail at that. Sometimes I succeed, but:
Comedy can be hard. So many different takes people will interpret a joke...
I mean, you can pick the low-hanging fruit and get a few "yeahs", but obtaining true laughter is a hard thing.
I respect the work @Risen Star does because he truly offers posts that make you smile and laugh at his dexterous sarcasm.
Even though he's kinda crap at everything else,
I give a soundly golf clap at his strength.
I like asking a stupid question to see what kind of answers I get

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then remove the owner and his son from this and make it just about you and your team.

I have seen this for years. "Won't get fooled again" or "I am through buying his snake oil".

Actually blaming him for you doing exactly what you want to do, being a fan. Do you see any logic or rationale to being a fan of a sports team? I do not. It is pure emotion.

Give yourself a break, allow yourself the luxury of being a fan, you can believe whatever you want and hope is not a four letter word, it is the foundation of being a human being.

One thing about the optimists and the pessimists, besides the fact there is no intelligence or knowledge of the game difference between the two. If the season goes poorly, both will be equally disappointed because that pessimist "told you so" card doesn't play well on a fan site. And it surely doesn't make the pessimist feel better.

There is no right or wrong to being as fan, we are all goofy as hell. Doubt that, ask the people, the non-fans, around you.

And ditch the "that's it, I'm through" gyration because no, you are not giving up because you are a fan. You can't help it.

Folks, isn't there enough negative vibe going around in this country without us choosing that? Don't you want to escape that, if even for a short period of time?

If you don't believe or have hope, I am not saying fake optimism but you might give pause to trying to rain on those that are trying to be positive.

Keep plenty of this close prior to our kickoffs......:confused:

71YmKcUn2oL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Corso

Reaction score
I like asking a stupid question to see what kind of answers I get
That's what created the atomic bomb.

true story.

And about every decent movie any of you all have seen.
Discounting people's love for the big bang boom of comic book films*.

*No disrespect.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Then remove the owner and his son from this and make it just about you and your team.

I have seen this for years. "Won't get fooled again" or "I am through buying his snake oil".

Actually blaming him for you doing exactly what you want to do, being a fan. Do you see any logic or rationale to being a fan of a sports team? I do not. It is pure emotion.

Give yourself a break, allow yourself the luxury of being a fan, you can believe whatever you want and hope is not a four letter word, it is the foundation of being a human being.

One thing about the optimists and the pessimists, besides the fact there is no intelligence or knowledge of the game difference between the two. If the season goes poorly, both will be equally disappointed because that pessimist "told you so" card doesn't play well on a fan site. And it surely doesn't make the pessimist feel better.

There is no right or wrong to being as fan, we are all goofy as hell. Doubt that, ask the people, the non-fans, around you.

And ditch the "that's it, I'm through" gyration because no, you are not giving up because you are a fan. You can't help it.

Folks, isn't there enough negative vibe going around in this country without us choosing that? Don't you want to escape that, if even for a short period of time?

If you don't believe or have hope, I am not saying fake optimism but you might give pause to trying to rain on those that are trying to be positive.
I love my memories, I have been blessed at my age to have experienced all five SB victories.
I will always love the Star, that is the franchise Icon, its going to be up to the players that step up and win another ring, Jerry can enjoy it from his chair, and Stephen can pretend to be the GM.

Corso

Reaction score
Keep plenty of this close prior to our kickoffs......:confused:

71YmKcUn2oL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I know you have better taste than that, but the market demands copious amounts of Bourbon and sacrifice in purchasing price has to be made.
Wise choice my drinking friend.
Wise choice.

17 games, yes?
Crap.

ESisback

Reaction score

My mantra! How do you read my mind? It’s not the Hugh Hefner robe, giant brandy snifter, fancy cigarette holder or bevy of gorgeous babes, is it? Is it just your Grand Poobah-ness?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Oh absolutely NOT, didn't you notice I separated them in the first sentence.

I do believe if this team was like all the others with the owner and GM in the background not trying to make themselves the face of the team, the negativity and vitriol would be far less. They just add insult to injury for a lot of the fans.
that is why we cant ignore them lol, they wont let us!
Also the media makes it worse by catering to the 2 jones boys, and cowboys in general .

With all the internet news and fake news, and stupid news,and talk talk talk lol, yada yada yada yada , it is all too much really.
We get too much news about players, which oftentimes makes them unlikable.

I have changed my perspective and changed as a fan of nfl and cowboys, to the point where I can find it entertaining
whether the cowboys win or not.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
This place is fine the way it is.
Human nature is well represented on this site. But the fact remains, when you bash someone or something that is well loved or respected, the people that revere said object could get upset. Like my grandma used to say...if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all. You could say, well they shouldn't get bothered by it, but that's kind of like victim blaming.

coult44

Reaction score
Exactly, and the last thing we need is more negativity.

In general I agree with you. But as far as the Cowboys are concerned, why not? It honestly has nothing to do with winning or losing. Paying fans have the right to be negative or positive. Now if you’re not a paying fan, that’s a different story.