Want to Fire Garrett? It's Going to Cost You $24 Million

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Many of us clamoring for him to be tossed to the side, but remember that he signed a 5 year/$30 million extension that's fully guaranteed. With him making $6 million a year and four years left, he's still owed $24 million reasons to stay.

That doesn't mean he won't be demoted or have certain abilities stripped away, but I can't see JJ forking that much cash to someone and not get a return, it's just not in his nature.

Yay.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Many of us clamoring for him to be tossed to the side, but remember that he signed a 5 year/$30 million extension that's fully guaranteed. With him making $6 million a year and four years left, he's still owed $24 million reasons to stay.

That doesn't mean he won't be demoted or have certain abilities stripped away, but I can't see JJ forking that much cash to someone and not get a return, it's just not in his nature.

Yay.

I would say if he brought in a real coach that won he would make the 6 mil per year tenfold.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Is that worse than paying the $24M and having him stay?

The money is gone either way. If he's not fit for the job, he's not fit for the job.

That is fine, but you have to pay the replacement as well.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Jerry won't get rid of him even if his contract were up this year.
The money to Jerry is small.....
Admitting he made a mistake is huge.

This in a nutshell! People always bring up the money but if Jerry really wanted to make the change he wouldn't mind how much it would cost.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If JJ thinks this team is better off without Jason Garrett $24 Million is a drop in the bucket to him. That said I think Jerry is still a fan of Jason Garrett.

popp1234

Reaction score
It's amazing how things work out for certain individuals, no matter how bad they are at their profession. Must be nice. Garrett is truly a very lucky man. He owes Romo a ton of gratitude. Hell, he owes it all to Romo.

Last edited:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score

Yay.

Jerry would make that back fielding a winner a few seasons in a row.