Want to Fire Garrett? It's Going to Cost You $24 Million

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
One less Van Gogh for the Death Star

No can do.

Did you see the Jets telecast where they showed Jones' wife entertaining like she was at an art gallery?

Got to keep her happy so Jones can grope more nubile females in bars.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
The better question is will Jerry have Red change this dreadful offensive scheme?

If it was me, I would bring in an offensive guru, give him carte blanche, and tell Red all he has to do is clap on the sideline and keep track of timeouts.

cml750

Reaction score
This is an example where Jerry will eventually come to learn he threw away money based on a gut instinct (irrationality) instead of actual experience (rationality).

Think about this: Garrett's salary is more than Parcells made.

:facepalm:

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
The better question is will Jerry have Red change this dreadful offensive scheme?

If it was me, I would bring in an offensive guru, give him carte blanche, and tell Red all he has to do is clap on the sideline and keep track of timeouts.

You think he can learn to multi task successfully during a game?

cml750

Reaction score

Less Red is more????? Seems to always be the case.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Many of us clamoring for him to be tossed to the side, but remember that he signed a 5 year/$30 million extension that's fully guaranteed. With him making $6 million a year and four years left, he's still owed $24 million reasons to stay.

That doesn't mean he won't be demoted or have certain abilities stripped away, but I can't see JJ forking that much cash to someone and not get a return, it's just not in his nature.

Yay.

Jerry has deep pockets and isn't afraid to move on if he wants to. So your post carries no relevance in terms of the possibility being there.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Jerry isn't going to fire his puppet one year into a five year deal, and Jerry still wants to prove he's the smartest guy in the room by hiring Garrett in the first place so his ego won't allow him to fire him...

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Garrett is a sunken cost. The money is already spent. The issue has absolutely zero to do with what he is owed moving forward. Zero. The issue is paying his replacement as well. That is what would hold him back. If Sean Payton said he would coach for free, do you think what Garrett is owed would matter? No.

Now does he care about the $24 million+ a new coaches salary? That we can't answer. I don't know why he would though. He's a billionaire in his 80's with a franchise QB on his last hoorah. He will never spend the wealth he's accumulated. If it costs him $24 million cash and another $30 million over 5 years to get him another ring, why would he care? Romo is on the back 9 of his career. Jerry could be teeing off on 18. If a SB is really what matters to him, the cost won't matter. Odds are, he's not going to be capable of running the team by the time another franchise QB is found anyways.