Ware @ 13 sacks and Ellis @ 12.5

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1851687 said:
Julian Peterson is no D-Ware... I believe Ware should be DPOY, hands down!

Dont know about hands down, but he definitely gets my vote. He is simply outstanding.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1851666 said:
interesting factoid:

Patric Kerney, who I believe is 1 or 2 in the NFL in sacks, had none against the Panthers last week

Another interesting factoid:

Common opponents:

Ware: 7 sacks (Philly, St Louis, Philly, Chicago, Carolina)
Kerney 7 sacks (Philly, St Louis, St Louis, Chicago, Carolina)

This is with Ware going against Philly (a better OL) for one game more than Kerney going against an injury-depleted St Louis OL twice.....and Ware still has coverage responsibilities....

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
EGTuna;1851674 said:
Ware's contributions CANNOT be measured by sacks alone. Luckily for him, he's gotten a good amount of tangible stats for the casual fan, but his OVERALL play has been 2nd to none this year. 2nd to NONE. Who would you take over Ware? You got anyone in the NFL playing better D than Ware? Julian Peterson maybe. DeMeco Ryans? Perhaps. Else? No one.

mike vrabel I believe is in the mix for defensive player of the year too, he has been outstanding along with bob sanders..

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage;1851708 said:
Another interesting factoid:

Common opponents:

Ware: 7 sacks (Philly, St Louis, Philly, Chicago, Carolina)
Kerney 7 sacks (Philly, St Louis, St Louis, Chicago, Carolina)

This is with Ware going against Philly (a better OL) for one game more than Kerney going against an injury-depleted St Louis OL twice.....and Ware still has coverage responsibilities....

stats, what is it good for...absolutely NOTHING

EGTuna

Reaction score
theebs;1851723 said:
mike vrabel I believe is in the mix for defensive player of the year too, he has been outstanding along with bob sanders..

Good point about Sanders. His impact cannot be measured in stats either. That dude is a FREAK. He covers more ground than any 5'9" guy since Pat Fisher.

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1851769 said:
don't forget about Albert Haynesworth

Haynesworth missed some games, personal opinion here but I don't believe a guy who's out for all those game should be considered... (fair or not)

If that's the case I'll argue for Greg Ellis...

joseephuss

Reaction score
Hostile;1851518 said:
I think Greg Ellis should be the comeback player of the year.

Ellis deserves it. Randy Moss will get it. Of course I don't know how he qualifies. He was around last year and just not performing. These two are intertwined for life.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
joseephuss;1852394 said:
Ellis deserves it. Randy Moss will get it. Of course I don't know how he qualifies. He was around last year and just not performing. These two are intertwined for life.
I thought it had to be a player coming back from injury. Moss wouldn't qualify. Is that wrong?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Hostile;1852423 said:
I thought it had to be a player coming back from injury. Moss wouldn't qualify. Is that wrong?

I don't know the qualifications. Seems very subjective. Tommy Maddox won it in 2002 and he was not coming back from an injury. He was with the Steelers in 2001 as a back up.

I have already heard talk in the media that Moss would win it, so that means he will.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Hostile;1852423 said:
I think it's crazy that the media is talking as if Moss should win the comeback player of the year. Moss took last season off because he was a lazy jackarse, whereas, Ellis endured a major injury. Noway should Moss win the comeback player of the year.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
so when does Jeffcoat make it into the Ring of Honor.......sheesh