Ware is most like which current player?

btcutter

Reaction score
Overhyped, high hope etc goes with being a high first rounder esp when BP compare you to LT. Which current player on the NFL roster will he most likely become? Joey Porter, Kearse....will he even be as good?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
I dont think he's one player i think he's a mix of players, i think hehas the power of Lewis, the skills of Freeney, and problay soem others just having some brain problems (as always)

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I hope Freeny.

I think that is a good comparison. Same type of player. Undersized speed rusher. Both taken at 11, I believe. Both kind of surprises moving up the board on draft day.

Lets hope the production is about the same.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
I'd like to see him play at least one NFL down before answering the question.

Ken

Reaction score
I'm thinking a Joey Porter type.

His size and pass rushing ability tell me that, but I haven't seen the kid play yet.

Reaction score
I can't compair him with anyone yet ether...

& I wouldn't with Freeny, besides both havng amazing quickness...
Freeny is very short (For a DE) at 6-1ish...
Ware is like 6-4 & change...He can come from darn near anywhere!

LT even said your pretty big to him!

So I think he can be even more distruptive on D in a number of ways...Coming from anywhere...Him & Roy...Your know their coming...But from where?

We will start to scare defenses by being unpredictable ! hopfully bringing the pain big time! :cool:

50cent

Reaction score
How does this guy do?

# 94 John Abraham
Position: DE
Height: 6-4
Weight: 256
Born: 05/06/1978
College: South Carolina
NFL Experience: 6

This is the guy that Ware most resembles IMO.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
btcutter said:
Overhyped, high hope etc goes with being a high first rounder esp when BP compare you to LT. Which current player on the NFL roster will he most likely become? Joey Porter, Kearse....will he even be as good?
Better than either of those players.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Better than either of those players.

Watching some old NFL games from last year-Bills vs. Steelers, I was watching Takeo Spikes rushing Maddox and Rothlisberger very much like Joey Porter and our own DeMarcus Ware, Spikes had a crapload of moves to put on a LT or RB. He used speed and agility to get around OT's and had many moves. If he is anywhere as good a Spikes or Porter I will be more than happy.

I was also watching the game to watch Bledsoe...

btcutter

Reaction score
I think and hope he's faster than Suggs, stronger than Freeney and tougher than Abraham......wait...if he can keep his balance around the corner, he just may become superman!

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Too early to tell, same with all the rookies but Ware sems to have some very rare skills rushing the passer thus far. It seems Canty has too. I'm no scout but I think Spears should have been a top five pick. JMO