Ware-Spencer-Hatcher-Crawford-Selvie-Bass- a First rounder

Ratmatt

Reaction score
If Ware comes back for less, Spencer gives a discount cause he robbed jerry last year and hatch signs a friendly deal. Is this the making of a a good DL?

The way you just spoke about them,why would you even want any of them back?

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
The way you just spoke about them,why would you even want any of them back?

I only want Selvie and crawford Back. I'm a member of the we should of blown this team up 2 years ago team.. however I know how jerry works...

TTexasTT

Reaction score
That would be a good defensive line if those guys stay healthy.

Yeah, lets blow this 8-8 team up. You dont really rebuild a team thats in the playoff running until the last day of the season.
Drafting in the bottom half....

theSHOW

Reaction score
This year's featured a pro bowler, that group wouldn't.
So basically this year minus Hatcher is about right.

Overall a bunch of drafted rookies and what we have now is better than Hatcher and the scrubs off the street.

There haven't been 5 better DL than Ware in 20 years of football drafts, but I do wish you good luck of replacing him via the draft.

Ware and Hatcher combined for 18 sacks.
The best rookie DL and my pet cat from last year's draft, Sheldon Richardson had 3.5 sacks.

Fans always overrate rookies this time of year and downgrade veterans with actual NFL production.

It will be a pleasure replacing the overpaid "hasbeen" and money saved is a closer day to a fresh cap situation plus a replacement at half the cost and better to boot. The neighborhood Tomcat could block DeMarcus. Hatcher had a good year but he is old and greedy as I see it.

if by we you mean the fan base, probably not.

if by we you mean the coaching staff, probably so.

the plan entering camp last year was for Crawford to back up Spencer and Bass to back up Hatcher(then start in 2014).

may see Crawford and Bass now get those gigs due to cost.

You may see Crawford moved inside part time or full time. These guys with Selvie form 2-3 of the 4 needed at the position depaending how Crawford is used. It is a perfect year to replace the old guard and get young...and get better. "Instant Grits"

Common Sense

Reaction score
Overall a bunch of drafted rookies and what we have now is better than Hatcher and the scrubs off the street.

It will be a pleasure replacing the overpaid "hasbeen" and money saved is a closer day to a fresh cap situation plus a replacement at half the cost and better to boot. The neighborhood Tomcat could block DeMarcus. Hatcher had a good year but he is old and greedy as I see it.

You may see Crawford moved inside part time or full time. These guys with Selvie form 2-3 of the 4 needed at the position depaending how Crawford is used. It is a perfect year to replace the old guard and get young...and get better. "Instant Grits"

It makes more sense to let Crawford and Selvie compete for the SDE spot and find two starting tackles in the offseason. Ware? Who knows.

theSHOW

Reaction score
Hey - just get any 7 guys... they'll be better than Ware, Hatcher, Spencer, Selvie, Bass, Crawford, etc...

Oh - that's right. We don't even know anything about 'those 7'.

Oh well. They are better. Ask anyone here.

What is you're point? We don't know the secrets of the team such as injuries that may hamper some of the position players. We don't know that some guys are struggling because they don't understand the scheme fully yet. But we watch. And we know most of the information about who is taking all the money from the rest of the teams cap. The guys you mentioned many of them Ware, Spenc, Hatch will be bullet holes in our cap pocketbook. Any replacement will save a fortune and can be had at a reasonable expense, not over inflated deals. The number of dlinemen in free agency is listed and there may be a handful coming to Texas if the old and expensives are let go. The draft will give an even younger stud or two to our reborn line. And don't worry abut DeMarcus because he can sign a one day contract at the end of 2014 when his numbers decline again and he gets out of football. This team needs some new enrgy players that have attitude....team to beat attitude!

theSHOW

Reaction score
isn't it amazing we let our trenches get so bad?

Good business model jerry, awesome!

Actually Jerry looks good with his offensive line manuvering. This could be another scoop of ice cream for the offensive line and maybe next year or two we get the cherry on top. Top 10 offensive line in 2013? I would say defenately. Sure would like to get smarter about dollars wasted on old players.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Aubrayo Franklin because he combined with Robert Mathis to total 19.5 sacks.

Robert Mathis 19.5
Aubrayo Franklin 0.0

Cute. I am really sorry you have championed the rather illogical and football stupid idea of dumping our entire DL and now basic logical points hurt your feelings.

You can smell the desperation after a post like this.
Just sad.

Ware has 18 sacks the past two seasons and no not 18 then 0.
But you go right ahead and replace that with a semi-functional part-time DL that has 5.5 sacks in four years if you want to.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
If Ware comes back for less, Spencer gives a discount cause he robbed jerry last year and hatch signs a friendly deal. Is this the making of a a good DL?

NO....
Ware is a shell of his former self
Spencer.. I didn't think much of keeping him before his prolonged knee injury
Hatcher... I was a big fan of his at the beginning of the season but he started talking about money and then hurt his neck and hasn't been the same.. I think age and Ratliff-itis caught up to him
Selvie- Maybe but I think he might be better with a rotation but I'd be happy keeping him.
Crawford - the decision is still out. By all accounts he was really coming on before his injury so we'll have to see.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
There haven't been 5 better DL than Ware in 20 years of football drafts, but I do wish you good luck of replacing him via the draft.

The best rookie DL and my pet cat from last year's draft, Sheldon Richardson had 3.5 sacks.

Fans always overrate rookies this time of year and downgrade veterans with actual NFL production.

Tell me that Ware is playing like the Ware you have in your head. Go ahead, I dare you... He is not close to that beast that we came to love and if we ever want to compete then we can't keep holding on to a fantasy. And as for Hatcher, as I said in another post, he caught Ratliffitis. He started talking about money, hurt his neck, and wasn't even close to being productive the rest of the year. So yeah, roll with the draft.

ufcrules1

Reaction score

Yes, but Ware and Hatch are at the end of their careers. Hatch FINALLY had a decent season but is getting old and we all know what happens to aging players in Dallas. We over pay them and then they screw us. Just look at Ware for a prime example.

There is life after Ware and Hatcher and I want us to work on our future NOW. These guys we have now are used to losing.

Eddie

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Aubrayo Franklin because he combined with Robert Mathis to total 19.5 sacks.

Robert Mathis 19.5
Aubrayo Franklin 0.0

Ha ha. Too funny. I had to think about that one for a moment.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
isn't it amazing we let our trenches get so bad?

Good business model jerry, awesome!

You have to understand the game to understand how important the players are at the line of scrimmage that don't get their name called very often.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Do we really know what Crawford and Bass are?

No, but that will not stop our dysfunctional and inept front office to count on them like they are "extra draft picks". You can put Matt Johnson in there too.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cute. I am really sorry you have championed the rather illogical and football stupid idea of dumping our entire DL and now basic logical points hurt your feelings.

You can smell the desperation after a post like this.
Just sad.

Ware has 18 sacks the past two seasons and no not 18 then 0.
But you go right ahead and replace that with a semi-functional part-time DL that has 5.5 sacks in four years if you want to.

It was a joke.

You have to admit it's a little funny that you were discussing Ware and quoted the combined sack stats for Ware + Hatcher when Ware only had 6 of the 18.