Warner Breakdown of Dak vs Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry should hire Warner to come in every Monday to go over the tape and diagnose all Dak's bad plays.

Getting someone like that from outside the organization would really help Dak and make him a better QB.

Redline360

Reaction score
After watching a good portion of it.

1) Several bad designed plays leaving Dak with no good options

2) Several good plays with recivers having great separation and Dak makes the worst choice possible

3) Plays starring down his first read where the second or even third option is open by miles.

4) Warner mentioned a few times he would like Dak to be more aggressive on some throws

Had a good mixture of everything. Seems to me the recievers are getting separation more often than not however Dak is struggling to read defenses correctly.

The first redzone breakdown was atrocious. Think it was the fitst. *** kind of play calling was that

Last edited:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Jerry should hire Warner to come in every Monday to go over the tape and diagnose all Dak's bad plays.

Getting someone like that from outside the organization would really help Dak and make him a better QB.

It would be really helpful for KM as well. His understanding of route concepts and how to tweak a play to be more effective vs cover 2 or whatever they are running is impressive. He also shows how WRs can run their routes better in order to influence LBs and S to create better separation for other routes as well.

Ken

Reaction score

20 minutes in and it is more an indictment on Kellen's scheme than Dak.

Maybe he should come and sit with Kellen.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I am a Cowboys fan first. And I was a big fan of Dak getting paid his market value. Because he won a lot of games making 500k a year. But watching this film breakdown.....knowing how long Dak has been in the league....it is painful to watch how much he missed this game. Of course this might be the case week in and week out across the NFL...but my gosh....for those of you who watch film religiously....has Dak gotten any better? And I am not talking about stats...and I am not suggesting Dak is terrible...but this film breakdown was not a good reflection

75boyz

Reaction score
Appreciate these.
Doesn't take years of film study, coaching experience or to have played or not played to understand them.
Basic fundamental analysis of what QBs are not doing/lacking during the play as it happens in real time.

He prefaces the whole thing by stating he's not a hater, has a relationship with Dak, loves the dude.
Then says these film study sessions are designed to help QBs with what he sees they could improve in.
Basic QB film break down and not hard to follow.

Throws are there to be made.
Receivers have separation.
Kurt doesn't even hafta say it.

Clueless and not HOF QB zoners blaming Moore are hilarious.

Once again, tape don't lie.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Appreciate these.
Doesn't take years of film study, coaching experience or to have played or not played to understand them.
Basic fundamental analysis of what QBs are not doing/lacking during the play as it happens in real time.

He prefaces the whole thing by stating he's not a hater, has a relationship with Dak, loves the dude.
Then says these film study sessions are designed to help QBs with what he sees they could improve in.
Basic QB film break down and not hard to follow.

Throws are there to be made.
Receivers have separation.
Kurt doesn't even hafta say it.

Clueless and not HOF QB zoners blaming Moore are hilarious.

Once again, tape don't lie.
Warner does blame Moore in the video. Or did you just skim thru?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
20 minutes in and it is more an indictment on Kellen's scheme than Dak.

Maybe he should come and sit with Kellen.

Yep, but as Warner intermates as the beginning, whenever his comments identify possible improvements he gets the same Dak-Hater accusations that are thrown around on here. That video's a definite balance between Moore's scheme and Dak's cover awareness.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yep, but as Warner intermates as the beginning, whenever his comments identify possible improvements he gets the same Dak-Hater accusations that are thrown around on here. That video's a definite balance between Moore's scheme and Dak's cover awareness.
I honestly dont even think Moore schemed for this game. I think they are focused on Philly thinking the next 2 games (prior to Houston) are cake walks. Which is beyond stupid

Creeper

Reaction score
2 things I have seen from Dak and the Cowboys passing game are 1) Dak does tend to throw the ball late. Several times in the game he had receivers open and took a second too long to let it go which allowed the DB to get in and make a play. Dak needs to be quicker with his decisions just a fraction of a second. 2) the other thing I noticed is the Cowboys throw a lot of passes at receiver who run a round and stop. There was not much in the way of hitting receivers on the move. Big plays come from hitting receivers in stride.

Dak is at his best when he makes quick decisions and throws tot he receivers on time, and when he spreads the ball around.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I honestly dont even think Moore schemed for this game. I think they are focused on Philly thinking the next 2 games (prior to Houston) are cake walks. Which is beyond stupid

I agree on that. He wanted to show a basic package against the worst team in the league....no point in giving coordinators a weeks worth of footage to scheme against.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
After watching a good portion of it.

1) Several bad designed plays leaving Dak with no good options

2) Several good plays with recivers having great separation and Dak makes the worst choice possible

3) Plays starring down his first read where the second or even third option is open by miles.

4) Warner mentioned a few times he would like Dak to be more aggressive on some throws

Had a good mixture of everything. Seems to me the recievers are getting separation more often than not however Dak is struggling to read defenses correctly.

The first redzone breakdown was atrocious. Think it was the fitst. *** kind of play calling was that
I think it starts with no confidence in protection or the play calls. For some reason this year more than others it seems like he has no faith in the offensive line(rightfully so) and he's keying in on guys. But that's why its odd how he ended the Texans game. All of a sudden he went through reads and trusted his line.

There's too many variables and its resulting in inconsistent play.

blueblood70

Reaction score
AND.......................... are we leaving out 2 dropped tds(would have looked great on the qr/QBR chart), having his body/arm hit twice one leading to an INT, 3 dropped passes, 2 poor routes ran, OL not pass blocking well..

this gets old all the sharing but only taking a part of feedback to attach and support their narratives,.

Daks fine, he wasnt sharp but the first and last drives were why hes still considered a top 10 guy..so hes not elite., its about winning, not stats,

wasnt that where the old goal post was? daks 7-2 correct ? yet a 14point lead he handed this great defense so they can blow a lead would have had him 8-1 and undefeated since his return, thats winning correct..??

just clarifying .....:rolleyes::popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.