Warner Breakdown of Dak vs Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

75boyz

Reaction score
It would be really helpful for KM as well. His understanding of route concepts and how to tweak a play to be more effective vs cover 2 or whatever they are running is impressive. He also shows how WRs can run their routes better in order to influence LBs and S to create better separation for other routes as well.

While I agree with you somewhat, in my opinion, the throws were all there to be made. Regardless of the route concepts info, it almost sounds as if Kurt is trying to be nice to Dak by mentioning the pattern as if to excuse him for not having made the throw sooner on each play. He coulda just stopped and said plant your foot and fire with accuracy here. Which he kinda did at times did but then softened his stance by pointing out route concepts.

My whole point is there IS plenty evidence of wide receiver separation for accurate throws to be made in just the first 15 minutes alone of all these PA plays, ALL of those throws that could have been made, should have been made imo.

They weren't.

Opinions vary I guess.

And I'm sure the resident Dak defense attorney teams here and self proclaimed QB analysts will point how wrong Kurt is.

But that's life in the Zone for ya, lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
2 things I have seen from Dak and the Cowboys passing game are 1) Dak does tend to throw the ball late. Several times in the game he had receivers open and took a second too long to let it go which allowed the DB to get in and make a play. Dak needs to be quicker with his decisions just a fraction of a second. 2) the other thing I noticed is the Cowboys throw a lot of passes at receiver who run a round and stop. There was not much in the way of hitting receivers on the move. Big plays come from hitting receivers in stride.

Dak is at his best when he makes quick decisions and throws tot he receivers on time, and when he spreads the ball around.
At times Dak has trusted his receivers and its bit him in the ***. I don't think he has the confidence guys are going to be where they are suppose to be. While I don't miss Coop....more times than not he was where he was suppose to be unless he was on the sideline hurt or doing whatever he was doing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The consistent theme early on in the video (and past talk from others) centers on the fact that Dak seems to suffer from a delay in reading the defense which hurts him and the team.
Its hurting his stats for sure but we can't say its hurting the team if its winning and they are putting up points. It could hurt down the line though against a team like the 9ers.

Ken

Reaction score
Yep, but as Warner intermates as the beginning, whenever his comments identify possible improvements he gets the same Dak-Hater accusations that are thrown around on here. That video's a definite balance between Moore's scheme and Dak's cover awareness.
You are never going to play every play perfectly, no one does or ever has done it.

Not even Kurt.

So the thing I have been saying since last year and the thing that keeps jumping out to me is, the scheme is terrible. The attention to detail is terrible. This is a direct result of Kellen Moore not having exposure and the tuteledge of a great and proven offensive scheme.

We literally have a guy as OC that has the same experience level as Dak does. This can never be a good thing.

Why McCarthy doesn't have a bigger hand in designing, tweaking and developing these two, i will never understand.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
AND.......................... are we leaving out 2 dropped tds(would have looked great on the qr/QBR chart), having his body/arm hit twice one leading to an INT, 3 dropped passes, 2 poor routes ran, OL not pass blocking well..

this gets old all the sharing but only taking a part of feedback to attach and support their narratives,.

Daks fine, he wasnt sharp but the first and last drives were why hes still considered a top 10 guy..so hes not elite., its about winning, not stats,

wasnt that where the old goal post was? daks 7-2 correct ? yet a 14point lead he handed this great defense so they can blow a lead would have had him 8-1 and undefeated since his return, thats winning correct..??

just clarifying .....:rolleyes::popcorn:
So you're the guy Warner describes at the beginning of the vid o_O

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You are never going to play every play perfectly, no one does or ever has done it.

Not even Kurt.

So the thing I have been saying since last year and the thing that keeps jumping out to me is, the scheme is terrible. The attention to detail is terrible. This is a direct result of Kellen Moore not having exposure and the tuteledge of a great and proven offensive scheme.

We literally have a guy as OC that has the same experience level as Dak does. This can never be a good thing.

Why McCarthy doesn't have a bigger hand in designing, tweaking and developing these two, i will never understand.

Oh I agree that Moore's a problem, however, the video still calls out Dak's ability to read defenses.

Reaction score
Dak has fatal limitations to his QB play and requires an expertly tailor made offense in order to be successful passing against good teams,,, something any OC would struggle to provide, especially when the owner insists on overspending his draft and cap capital on the wrong things. Fix the OL, build a dominating defense and let Dak play the role of Jimmy G/ Purdy.

75boyz

Reaction score
Warner does blame Moore in the video. Or did you just skim thru?

Yeah, it kinda all boils down to how much he wants to call out Sleep Number publicly or share with the receiver in blame.

As in a much discussed earlier last week's interception thread, the decision making part of when and when not to make the throw by the QB rather than blindly throwing to a spot of where the route is supposedly designed for comes down to stopping the tape...
pointing out all available options, and then asking the question should he have made that throw or not?

Processing speed and decision making are still lacking on throws regardless of route concepts.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The first minute and half of monologue was one of the most interesting parts of the presentation to me. A HOF QB with a ring on his finger who breaks down this stuff on a professional basis has to spend that much time responding to the simpletons who just scream HATER at any criticism. It was absolutely clear he then softened things a bit to placate the emotionally driven.

I also noticed he most often said things like "we used to run this..." Or "most teams run this..."
That would indicate to most that Moore isn't reinventing any wheels, nor are most any other teams. He did say a couple times that a certain route in the combo was done differently, but he also put the onus on Dak to recognize what was occurring and quickly go to plan B.

I'd say the well meaning, constructive and accurate criticism he gave was split 90% Dak and 10% Moore.

And.... Lol at the notion that Dak doesn't, or at least shouldn't trust his o-line. What on earth are you watching?

75boyz

Reaction score
The first minute and half of monologue was one of the most interesting parts of the presentation to me. A HOF QB with a ring on his finger who breaks down this stuff on a professional basis has to spend that much time responding to the simpletons who just scream HATER at any criticism. It was absolutely clear he then softened things a bit to placate the emotionally driven.

I also noticed he most often said things like "we used to run this..." Or "most teams run this..."
That would indicate to most that Moore isn't reinventing any wheels, nor are most any other teams. He did say a couple times that a certain route in the combo was done differently, but he also put the onus on Dak to recognize what was occurring and quickly go to plan B.

I'd say the well meaning, constructive and accurate criticism he gave was split 90% Dak and 10% Moore.

And.... Lol at the notion that Dak doesn't, or at least shouldn't trust his o-line. What on earth are you watching?

Yeah, but you and Warner are both haters. And don't gimme no backtalk on what Warner points out that the actual film shows again...Sarcasm extreme, lol

Great post bro.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So you're the guy Warner describes at the beginning of the vid o_O
and your the guy, many describe as hater/troll who cherry picks parts of vids, stats, and rumor to fit your own agenda and narrative most are only half truths...

next

Ken

Reaction score
Oh I agree that Moore's a problem, however, the video still calls out Dak's ability to read defenses.
LOL.

Amazing that you think his ability to read defenses is the take away from that video.

Sure, a couple of bad reads but did you just ignore all of the progression plays he had?

Literally EVERY qb in the league has these issues every game.

This isn't "Dak can't read defenses".

The other side gets paid too.

phildadon86

Reaction score
My gosh why cant someone (who played this game at an elite level) critique the QB without being dismissed? Warner breaks it down pretty simply here. Dak is missing reads and Moore is scheming like a HS JV OC. It doesnt have to be one or the other.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
LOL.

Amazing that you think his ability to read defenses is the take away from that video.

Sure, a couple of bad reads but did you just ignore all of the progression plays he had?

Yes that was ONE of the takes from the video. It's not either Moore OR Dak, as Warner says the tape is supposed to highlight what he see's could be improved upon. You're the very same fan that he calls out at the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.