Warner Breakdown of Dak vs Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Man, some people are too sensitive. I don't think Kurt is being a hater at all and he says all the time it is easier to break this stuff down after the fact as opposed live on the field. Every QB misses reads, etc and he is actually a big fan of Dak.

I am sure the coaches are doing similar types of reviews and nitpicking things, that is how you get better and if they aren't they should be fired.

I think it is pretty cool to get to watch a HOF QB break down some plays and give you his thoughts on it.

buddieluver

Reaction score
Cowboys should hire him he has said before he would love to work for a team breaking down film and planning.

fansince68

Reaction score
This really sux that our OC is clueless!!! And doesn't seem to do film study to make corrections nor take full advantage of an opponents weaknesses. SMDH

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
Yes that was ONE of the takes from the video. It's not either Moore OR Dak, as Warner says the tape is supposed to highlight what he see's could be improved upon. You're the very same fan that he calls out at the beginning.
No, I'm not.

I had no issue with Warner's takes on this video. I have issues with the generalization that "Dak can't read a defense".

That is just ignorance.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Interesting breakdown by Kurt Warner of Dak's play vs Houston.

Cool stuff. Warner prefaces it with saying “I love Dak, great leader and very good QB.” And goes on to say the purpose of these videos is to teach and provide feedback on some of the negative plays he sees.

My take on the video is he questioned several route concepts (play calling), Dak uses his eyes well sometimes but wants to see more, and would like to see him be more aggressive.

All fair and good feedback.

Then I look at some of the messages on here and it’s “Warner says Dak sucks.” Lol…so predictable.

75boyz

Reaction score
Just who does this Hall of Fame SuperBowl winning QB think he is criticizing Rayne Dakota Prescott while also being his friend?
It's all Moore's fault. Always has been always will be. Sheesh, shrugs. Even the one mod here will confirm it's always Moore's fault. That's good enough for me.
LOL

Just use that explanation as like a default setting and you can never go wrong.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Interesting breakdown by Kurt Warner of Dak's play vs Houston.

Amazing how he only analyzes Dak when he has a bad game. Never seen him analyze Dak after a good one. Maybe thats why he doesnt do it very often. Has he analyzed Brady lately? He has been bad all year or is Brady untouchable? I bet he never analyzes Hebert after a bad game. The young untouchable.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Amazing how he only analyzes Dak when he has a bad game. Never seen him analyze Dak after a good one. Maybe thats why he doesnt do it very often. Has he analyzed Brady lately? He has been bad all year or is Brady untouchable? I bet he never analyzes Hebert after a bad game. The young untouchable.

He has done breakdowns that were critical of Rodgers and Brady in the last few weeks. What is the point of just watching the just good plays? Might as well just be a highlight video. He does this as a teaching tool.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
After watching a good portion of it.

1) Several bad designed plays leaving Dak with no good options

2) Several good plays with recivers having great separation and Dak makes the worst choice possible

3) Plays starring down his first read where the second or even third option is open by miles.

4) Warner mentioned a few times he would like Dak to be more aggressive on some throws

Had a good mixture of everything. Seems to me the recievers are getting separation more often than not however Dak is struggling to read defenses correctly.

The first redzone breakdown was atrocious. Think it was the fitst. *** kind of play calling was that

This was one of DAk's worst games save the Tampa game. Anyone can make a QB look bad by analyzing his bad games. I got news for you Warner, no QB's watch this and learn from it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He has done breakdowns that were critical of Rodgers and Brady in the last few weeks. What is the point of just watching the good plays? Might as well just be a highlight video. He does this as a teaching tool.

To who? LOL

All he is doing is trying to make himself look like an expert by cutting up everyone else. Go apply for a job buddy if you want to mentor QB's.

If you dont do both sides you lose credibility.

What is the point of taking a QB's worst games and analyzing them? Did he analyze Dak's last drive to win the game? It was the only one that mattered.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
To who? LOL

All he is doing is trying to make himself look like an expert by cutting up everyone else. Go apply for a job buddy if you want to mentor QB's.

If you dont do both sides you lose credibility.

What is the point of taking a QB's worst games and analyzing them? Did he analyze Dak's last drive to win the game? It was the only one that mattered.

He covered 3 of the passes on the last drive and talked about how well Dak executed that drive.

He doesn't need to make himself look like an expert, he already is one, and some of us appreciate his insights.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He covered 3 of the passes on the last drive and talked about how well Dak executed that drive.

He doesn't need to make himself look like an expert, he already is one, and some of us appreciate his insights.

Well he said Dak is a hell of a QB and a leader. Did you learn from that?

I dont need some clown to tell me Dak had a bad game or that he was great on the last drive. I can tell that by watching the game.

I can also tell that at least one of those picks had nothing to do with Dak. Did he teach you that?

Or maybe you do need to learn some things. Better pay attention then.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
We can talk percentages of blame but the bottom line is he called out the offense as a whole. Primarily the QB which makes sense because that’s what he is. But he made mention of Design and also WRs running routes. I watch all his videos and I think the reason people went at him is all his cowboys videos focus on a lot on what they need to get better at. “Some” of his other videos are a little more balanced as far as good play, bad play. Everything he said in the video is correct though. And for the cowboys fans that don’t watch other teams , it’s hard to appreciate where he is coming from when there is nothing to compare it to. I look forward to his breakdowns. Last season he did a few on defense, I hope he sneaks in a few this season.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Man, some people are too sensitive. I don't think Kurt is being a hater at all and he is actually a big fan of Dak.

He's not a big fan of Dak. He did a breakdown of Dak after the 49ers loss but refused to do one after Rodgers choked against them too. Dak actually had a better game than Rodgers against the 49ers. So why didn't he do a breakdown of how THE Great Aaron "Generational QB" Rodgers choked against them? Thousands of people, including myself and other Cowboys and 49er fans, were asking him on Twitter to do one, but he didn't. He's got an agenda since he only did a breakdown of Dak.

Status
Not open for further replies.