Twitter: Warren Sharp: Cowboys QB1 's cap hit, by year 2007-2024| Cap Hell Myth Destroyer

Chasing6

Reaction score
What if he is asking for that? Do you think it is too much? ($60 million/per)
I would not pay anyone, any position to reset the market, but I also would not have got caught with my pants down like GM Jerry does frequently.

Jerry has gotten himself stuck. He has no interest in rebuilding. So he is at the mercy of France or they need to start projecting who will be a FA QB next season. No way Trance is a legit option at this point, unless it is a rebuild situation.

I would be in full rebuild mode. I would be shopping CD. No way I am paying him $30M+.

This is a great year for WR. Trade CD for 2 # 1's. 1 this year and 1 next. Draft his replacement this year.

Do the same thing next year with Micah. Then in 2025 you will have 3 number 1 picks. Pick whatever QB you want.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I would not pay anyone, any position to reset the market, but I also would not have got caught with my pants down like GM Jerry does frequently.

Jerry has gotten himself stuck. He has no interest in rebuilding. So he is at the mercy of France or they need to start projecting who will be a FA QB next season. No way Trance is a legit option at this point, unless it is a rebuild situation.

I would be in full rebuild mode. I would be shopping CD. No way I am paying him $30M+.

This is a great year for WR. Trade CD for 2 # 1's. 1 this year and 1 next. Draft his replacement this year.

Do the same thing next year with Micah. Then in 2025 you will have 3 number 1 picks. Pick whatever QB you want.
France or Trance, oh no! Be very careful of the unknown.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
What if he is asking for that? Do you think it is too much? ($60 million/per)
Players don’t set the “market rate” for quarterback compensation. Dak will not be paid more than the ownership group that offers him the most is willing to pay. He can ask for a $100 million per season, he’s going to get what he’s offered. Take it or leave it. Since he isn’t going to quit football at this point in his life I guess he’ll just have to take it.