Twitter: Warren Sharp: Cowboys QB1 's cap hit, by year 2007-2024| Cap Hell Myth Destroyer

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A real chance at winning again, LOL!
you do realize that it’s been 28 years since Dallas won the SB. Dak has only been the QB since 2016, 8 years. I don’t think he’s the issue.
He's not the only issue, but he's an issue.

1942willys

Reaction score
The Dak Bots are Dak fans only; not Boys fans. Once he is gone you can guarantee they will never be seen here again

Sydla

Reaction score
I know right what a mindless post. The only purpose is to deceive. Romo had probably the highest cap charge of any player in 2016, 2017 and 2018 when he did not even play. And why not show the Dak cap charge for 2025, 2026, and beyond even if he leaves? Trying to hide the impact these contracts have is just so pathetic.
To put numbers on this, for 2017, you are talking around $11.5MM in cap space on Romo + Dak and then $9.6MM in cap space on Romo + Dak.

Sydla

Reaction score
Look in the mirror. For a team who started 10-1 last year, no team fell as far off the planet than your Eagles.

Pretty pathetic seeing supposed Cowboys fans 'like' your comment. Oh, they are just Dak haters. Got it.
Who cares who said it. I don't care if it were an Eagles or 49ers or Giants or Real Madrid or Seattle Mariners fan who said it.

It's the truth. For many Cowboys fans, the expectations of what is a "good" Cowboys season has fallen. Which is kinda funny. You guys love to lecture people that we are still one of the premier, top shelf, upper echelon franchises in the NFL and crap on everyone else but then when it comes time to judge the team itself, you no longer hold them to the standard of a premier, top shelf, upper echelon franchise in the NFL. Instead, you pat them on the back for what should be the BARE minimum expectation.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Who cares who said it. I don't care if it were an Eagles or 49ers or Giants or Real Madrid or Seattle Mariners fan who said it.

It's the truth. For many Cowboys fans, the expectations of what is a "good" Cowboys season has fallen. Which is kinda funny. You guys love to lecture people that we are still one of the premier, top shelf, upper echelon franchises in the NFL and crap on everyone else but then when it comes time to judge the team itself, you no longer hold them to the standard of a premier, top shelf, upper echelon franchise in the NFL. Instead, you pat them on the back for what should be the BARE minimum expectation.
You want to suck for the next couple of years just because of your misguided and stubborn ego, knock yourself out. Careful what you wish for. The grass is not greener on the other side.

Sydla

Reaction score
You want to suck for the next couple of years just because of your misguided and stubborn ego, knock yourself out. Careful what you wish for. The grass is not greener on the other side.
I want to win a SB.

The current form of the Cowboys have shown they cannot. I am not afraid of a couple potential down years while we try to build something that can win. It's been done. So if you have so much faith in this franchise, then you should not be afraid that if they decide to go in another direction, it won't be 10 years of suckitude here.

It's not all Dak's fault either. There have been a lot of issues. But he also has come up small in big spots like some of our coaches and other players. It's time to start over with a new vision.

And nothing you said changes the fact that Aerolith is correct............ a lot of fans of this franchise have lowered their expectations for what is a good Cowboys season. That's just a fact.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
How many championships did the other years bring?
zip zero none. I went back and looked at Troy Aikman's statistics in the good ol days, and was shocked. In the modern era of football I don't think Troy could have gotten a team to the playoffs. He benefited greatly by the team around him both defensively, and offensively. What I liked about Troy was he seemed unflappable after getting destroyed on a play. That's a quality in quarterbacks you often see in supermodels, but man he didn't produce much in the regular-season.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
4 out of those 5 wins were because of the Defense, not Rush. Show the points per game during those 5 games Cooper Rush stepped in for Dak while Dak came back from injury. I dare you.

Go ahead. Let's see how smart you and your Dak hating buddies will look.
Our rivals would love Rush as QB one for the Dallas Cowboys.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I want to win a SB.

The current form of the Cowboys have shown they cannot. I am not afraid of a couple potential down years while we try to build something that can win. It's been done. So if you have so much faith in this franchise, then you should not be afraid that if they decide to go in another direction, it won't be 10 years of suckitude here.

It's not all Dak's fault either. There have been a lot of issues. But he also has come up small in big spots like some of our coaches and other players. It's time to start over with a new vision.

And nothing you said changes the fact that Aerolith is correct............ a lot of fans of this franchise have lowered their expectations for what is a good Cowboys season. That's just a fact.
No. He, you and the rest are wrong. Doing things your way will definitely set this team back for another 4+ years. CeeDee and Micah will definitely be gone by demanding a trade or outright release because they won't want to waste their prime years on rebuilding. Plus, D-Law, Zack and a few others will retire. This team will be nothing for the next 4+ years guaranteed.

Sydla

Reaction score
No. He, you and the rest are wrong. Doing things your way will definitely set this team back for another 4+ years. CeeDee and Micah will definitely be gone by demanding a trade or outright release because they won't want to waste their prime years on rebuilding. Plus, D-Law, Zack and a few others will retire. This team will be nothing for the next 4+ years guaranteed.
LOL. But staying the course that has resulted in the same results for god knows how long is the smart move.

What is "my way"? Teams have been able to retool on the fly and not go though 4+ years of awfulness. Philly won a SB, the bottom fell out a couple seasons later, they retooled on the fly even changing QBs and their only SB winning head coach and two years later were back in the SB. So this idea that if we decide to go another direction with our coaching and our QB and some other players that we are relegating ourselves to 5 or more years of bad football is just you trying to justify to yourself why we need to stay the course.

But it also probably shows an underlying belief deep in your brain that you know the Cowboys aren't well run and that if they did retool here, they aren't competent enough to get us out of the hole in a relatively small time frame. In other words, despite your *** kissing of the franchise, deep down, you apparently have little faith in Jerry and Stephen and the front office to rebuild a SB winning caliber team.

Last edited:

Chasing6

Reaction score
LOL.

What is "my way"? There a bazillion ways they could go about retooling here.

Why is it other teams can essentially do a tear down and then rebound fairly quickly? Philly won a SB, had to shed some big contracts, changed coaches, changed QBs and then 5 years later were back in the SB.

What you are saying is you don't trust the Cowboys to be able to do what other franchise have been able to.
100%. Who would trust GM Jethro after going on damn near 3 decades.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
LOL. But staying the course that has resulted in the same results for god knows how long is the smart move.

What is "my way"? Teams have been able to retool on the fly and not go though 4+ years of awfulness. Philly won a SB, the bottom fell out a couple seasons later, they retooled on the fly even changing QBs and their only SB winning head coach and two years later were back in the SB. So this idea that if we decide to go another direction with our coaching and our QB and some other players that we are relegating ourselves to 5 or more years of bad football is just you trying to justify to yourself why we need to stay the course.

But it also probably shows an underlying belief deep in your brain that you know the Cowboys aren't well run and that if they did retool here, they aren't competent enough to get us out of the hole in a relatively small time frame.
Philly didn’t shed their starting quarterback until they had a sense of what Hurts could do. Moving on from Dak with no viable alternative does not represent retooling. Dak is playing well. If the Cowboys are assured they have a QB they’d rather start, fine. The Cowboys don’t.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
it is the defense. if we can build a defense to average 13 points a game. I will roll with Bob Smith as out QB (who is Bob Smith? he is the bartender in our local pub).

but facts are a pesky thing. aren't they?
Cool, let take Dak's 59 million and put it into the defense. Tell Bob to grab me a draft after the game and thank him for working for a lousy $700,000 a year!

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zip zero none. I went back and looked at Troy Aikman's statistics in the good ol days, and was shocked. In the modern era of football I don't think Troy could have gotten a team to the playoffs. He benefited greatly by the team around him both defensively, and offensively. What I liked about Troy was he seemed unflappable after getting destroyed on a play. That's a quality in quarterbacks you often see in supermodels, but man he didn't produce much in the regular-season.
Go back and listen to several interviews with Jimmy Johnson. He said Aikman was held back due to the running nature of the team. He specifically said Aikman would have had incredible stats if not for Emmitt and the system.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Philly didn’t shed their starting quarterback until they had a sense of what Hurts could do. Moving on from Dak with no viable alternative does not represent retooling. Dak is playing well. If the Cowboys are assured they have a QB they’d rather start, fine. The Cowboys don’t.
@Sydla understands that, but he's simply hell bent on just getting rid of Dak. That's his and many other's main goal at any cost just to appease their feelings.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not quite. They benched Wentz during the 2020 season. When that happened, it was pretty much over for him in Philly. So even if Hurts didn't play well, they moving on from Wentz and this was confirmed by media in Philly. If you want to argue they were lucky to have Hurts, great, but the idea they moved on because they knew they had a star in Hurts is an exaggeration. He wasn't even all that good for the Eagles when he finally got the starting nod after his insertion into the Week 13 game against GB.

But they stuck with the change nevertheless and didn't invest anything else into the QB position. They took the chance and rode with Hurts.

Getting rid of your QB isn't a death blow people want to make it to be. And further, if the QB (and coach) you have continues to fail in the big spots, why continue?

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
@Sydla understands that, but he's simply hell bent on just getting rid of Dak. That's his and many other's main goal at any cost just to appease their feelings.
I want to change it all up. I want a new coach, I want a new staff, I want a new QB, I am ready to start rebuilding the OL, etc.

What we have built isn't working. It's failed over and over and over and over and over. Is it all Dak's fault? Nope. But he's had a hand in the failures at some of our biggest moments. My plan would have been shitcan McCarthy and gutted the staff. I would have hired a new, up and coming HC. I'd have given Dak and his agent a chance to work a trade. I'd let the new coaching staff see what they have in Lance and if I got solid return in the Dak trade, I'd maneuver to try to a take a QB in this draft.

I'd also have started to see what contracts I could trim to load up on cap space for a year or two from now. I am not afraid of change. I am not afraid of failure. I am afraid of wasting time on something that clearly doesn't work and right now, what Jerry has built, isn't working.