Was Cowboys DL good. Durde?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What did Durde accomplish?

As a rookie, Parsons was at LB during training camp and only started 4 games at DE. He had 13 sacks.

Mazi didn't do anything as a rookie 1st round DT.

They often struggled to stop the run.

They were ranked near the top in pressures, but when the DC is OK with getting gashed by the run in order to get more pressures and you have Parsons, then pressures should happen often.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm off the top looking for more production from Parsons now.

Reactions: CWR

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Not really sure why all the hype of Durde other than his accent....and he was liked. I guess that would make you an incredible coach. The DL didn't impress, and was more a one trick pony with emphasis on applying pressure, but did not contain well and got gashed up the middle. Other than that, they were world beaters. Durde is not going to be running the defense, MacDonald is.. .that's the main reason he got hired.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

As a rookie, Parsons was at LB during training camp and only started 4 games at DE. He had 13 sacks.

They were ranked near the top in pressures, but when the DC is OK with getting gashed by the run in order to get more pressures and you have Parsons, then pressures should happen often.
I agree, we haven't seen much development up front. Players like Gallimore, Osa, Golston, Sam Williams, Armstrong never took that next step.

shabazz

Reaction score

Depends. Is there any credits for having the British accent?

Because other than that, I'm not seeing any great loss

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think the Hawks liked what they saw in him.

Dudes have to start somewhere.

He probably works hard too. 18 hour days.

Has to be driven to advance.

Carson

Reaction score
That's a good question.

I'll follow that by asking who's choice was it to repeatedly play our CBs 12 yards off the receivers when it's 3rd and 5?......Quinn or Al Harris?
Quinn for sure

DC coaches and calls play. DB coach is to get the most out of that scheme

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Not good at all gave them too much credit

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Parsons was getting triple teamed on the regular and nobody else could take over the game ........ that a problem in a lot of ways.

Hopefully Zimmer can fix all of them.

exciter

Reaction score

So the Ravens were being gashed by the run all this season with R Smith and Queen?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Zimmer? He was a terrible DC here. His defense gave up the most 200 yard rushing games ever in a season. Also the most rushing 1st.downs in a game. His DBs play16 yards off the ball and play only zone. Our DBs are man to man DBs and struggle in zone. What a disaster hire this is! Butch Davis and Dave Campo should be preparing for when Zimmer gets fired mid year.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I think the Hawks liked what they saw in him.

Dudes have to start somewhere.

He probably works hard too. 18 hour days.

Has to be driven to advance.
He won't be the actual dcoord in Seattle but in name only kinda like Eric Bieniemy was in KC. He probably is a hard working man. Wish him luck.