Was Cowboys DL good. Durde?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
of course some players are simply in the doghouse and he's been in DQ's doghouse.it apparent. hopefully zimmer finds that middle ground for this guy you need to get him to come under control a bit but dont want to suppress that energy and motor.
He gets a fresh start, now is the time to prove he belongs or they will draft his replacement next season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He gets a fresh start, now is the time to prove he belongs or they will draft his replacement next season.
Well they won't do it in this draft they got too many holes to fill and not enough money to go all in on free agency to a point where we need to make perfect picks in the draft this year none of these projects or developmental guys they literally need to hit on the 1st 3 picks in this draft most of it's probably gonna be linebacker defensive tackle running back but it won't be pass rush because I believe we have those dudes on this roster.... For now like you said maybe Sam doesn't get a second contract but I just see a lot in this guy outside of some immaturity he's made some mental mistakes but man his pure athleticism and talent his instincts you can't teach that....

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Well they won't do it in this draft they got too many holes to fill and not enough money to go all in on free agency to a point where we need to make perfect picks in the draft this year none of these projects or developmental guys they literally need to hit on the 1st 3 picks in this draft most of it's probably gonna be linebacker defensive tackle running back but it won't be pass rush because I believe we have those dudes on this roster.... For now like you said maybe Sam doesn't get a second contract but I just see a lot in this guy outside of some immaturity he's made some mental mistakes but man his pure athleticism and talent his instincts you can't teach that....
Personally, my hope is they start him at RE and have Parsons start off the ball on the strong side. Sam should be able to set the edge far better in the run game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Personally, my hope is they start him at RE and have Parsons start off the ball on the strong side. Sam should be able to set the edge far better in the run game.
Well, my hope is Mike Zimmer has a idea of watching some film or whatever he needs to do just to make it's a better decision on how to run these formations with different groupings than Dan Quinn did... He has to see that with a little tutelage in some maturity Sam Williams has all the tools in NFL defensive end needs I mean the man is quick he has instincts now he just has to do it mentally where he understands last year all those penalties he got some of them was because he was over eager to make a play and maybe that's because he's not getting on the field enough and wanted to do something big and be a hero when he was on the field...

If he knows he's going to play a lot of snaps and he knows he has the coach's support maybe he backs off on a couple of those blocks that turned into penalties but I don't want to take that out of him people around here thinks he's a liability because of all his penalties but most of them those penalties are because of what coaches used to tell us he'd rather you make mistakes at full speed and this guy was like a bullet train and at times he played a little bit out of control but he was there to make the play and it turned into a penalty...

Hope is all we have but the positive thing is we have a new defensive staff to possibly give everybody a fresh start...

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Well, my hope is Mike Zimmer has a idea of watching some film or whatever he needs to do just to make it's a better decision on how to run these formations with different groupings than Dan Quinn did... He has to see that with a little tutelage in some maturity Sam Williams has all the tools in NFL defensive end needs I mean the man is quick he has instincts now he just has to do it mentally where he understands last year all those penalties he got some of them was because he was over eager to make a play and maybe that's because he's not getting on the field enough and wanted to do something big and be a hero when he was on the field...

If he knows he's going to play a lot of snaps and he knows he has the coach's support maybe he backs off on a couple of those blocks that turned into penalties but I don't want to take that out of him people around here thinks he's a liability because of all his penalties but most of them those penalties are because of what coaches used to tell us he'd rather you make mistakes at full speed and this guy was like a bullet train and at times he played a little bit out of control but he was there to make the play and it turned into a penalty...

Hope is all we have but the positive thing is we have a new defensive staff to possibly give everybody a fresh start...
Yes, they all should have a fresh start, but they cannot hurt their team consistently, either. He is going to have to play more disciplined or he isn't going to see a ton of reps. Same goes for everyone. They cannot lead the league in penalties and expect to be successful.

conner01

Reaction score
Mazi is not quick laterally, the hallmark of a disruptive DT. I have no idea why we continuously ignore this facet of athleticism as the players who lack it just keep failing. Jeff Heath, Reggie Robinson, Eric Scott, and a host of others. And we just keep drafting them. How many SS types who couldn't turn have we drafted in the mid/late rounds? It's been a pile.
Too me Mazi’s biggest weakness is just too slow off the snap. He’s always the last defender to move

RonWashington

Reaction score
To me the new DC should pick his position coaches and along with DL get rid of the LB coach Scott McCurley a GB bring over by MM.
Durde interviewed in Dallas for the DC job so if it’s questionable why the Seahawks hired him why did Jerry talk to him about DC .

:huh:

CCBoy

Reaction score
I’m looking for pass rush from anyone but Parsons.

We need to add a high quality pass rusher to move some of the defensive scheming away from “gameplan for parsons, he’s all they got”.

Love Tank as a high quality steady eddy especially against the run but we need more pass rush.

Doing so will help the entire D, parsons included
The unsaid here is that the unit's sophistication provides improvements from combining in technique applications that improve successes. Subtle but effective familiarity and applied unit successes.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
That void needs to be filled by Sam Williams, who the team spent a 2nd rd pick on. It's his 3rd year, it's time to take that next step!
Sam Williams is a world class loser. If you want to know why we fail look no further. He should not be allowed back on the team let alone someone that we rely on.

kskboys

Reaction score
Too me Mazi’s biggest weakness is just too slow off the snap. He’s always the last defender to move
Yes, but it's kinda weird. He has the ability to be quick off the snap, but apparently he struggles w/ reads and that is making him hesitate.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
Dallas cowboyd DL is too light in the box. Historically, larger and stronger defensive linemen have been revered for their ability to dominate the line of scrimmage. These towering titans possess the mass and power to anchor against double teams, shed blocks, and stifle opposing running backs with sheer force. Their presence not only clogs running lanes but also generates interior pressure, collapsing pockets and disrupting passing plays from the inside out. Dallas needs to build a DL around this appraoch in my opinion. Then and only when this is established, go get your lighter DE's for pass rush. I think it more complicated trying to build it with with SIZE and speed rather just size, then find your rushers later.The search for the best defensive line is always changing as teams try new things, come up with new ideas, and adjust to what works. Even though people still argue about whether it's better to have big strong players or fast agile ones, smart coaches and front office folks know that having a mix of both is what really makes a defense great. When teams get the right mix of big guys and fast guys, they can create defensive lines that can handle anything and dominate their opponents, no matter the circumstances, every time they play. The jones, just can't figure this out. They want trphy pieces onthe DL and not warriors!

conner01

Reaction score
Yes, but it's kinda weird. He has the ability to be quick off the snap, but apparently he struggles w/ reads and that is making him hesitate.
He’s a freak athlete but when I watch he appears to react to the players in front of hims movement instead of the snaps. Just watch the ball lol