Was Dak the best QB of the 2016 draft?

quickccc

Reaction score
Griffin got hurt as a rookie and tried to tough guy his way through it. Remember he tore his ACL in like week 14-15 his rookie season but played on it through the end of the season and started the playoff game with it. Many forget that the Ratscums were leading the Seahawks 14-0 when his knee started acting up on him again. Shanahan should have pulled him BEFORE it finally gave out completely and put in Cousins..

Steve Young would be the first to tell you he was a horrible passer when he entered the league. It took him several years in the 49ers system to become a proficient passer. He was terrible in Tampa and the first couple of years after he was traded he was pretty much a one read then take off QB. He used to have a weekly radio show on Bay Area radio in the early 90's and he talked about how bad he was at throwing the ball when he first came over all the time.

There are a lot of similarities between Vick and Jackson.. but hopefully Jackson will learn what it took Vick too long to learn.. which is that there is nothing wrong with throwing the ball away to avoid a sack AND to avoid taking a beating. But let's face it if a guy is any kind of competitor when he sees 10 yards of open field in front of him and a 300 pound guy chasing him the math is almost always going to say outrun the fat guy and go get the 10 yards.. What it doesn't take into account are the 4 guys who will crunch you at the end of that run. Jackson throws the ball just fine but his movement skills cost him mechanics a lot of the time. Bad mechanics = bad throws. He has to make the mental turn from superior athlete to superior passer (who also happens to be a superior athlete.) If he does.. the league is going to be in big trouble.

RG3's issue was that he wanted to just "become" a pocket passer because he didn't like the criticism that he was a gimmick player. Problem was that isn't something that happens overnight just cause you say you wanna do it. He needed to put in the work for 2-3 years to make that transition. And he and his dad balked when Shanahan told them that and went to Snyder with their grievances. I think that Barbie Doll he married even got into the act for a while. He became a circus so Gruden couldn't wait to be rid of him.

- Can you check that RG3 knee injury out again ?
I got it as RG3 was playing with an ACL sprain from week 13, ...and eventually as he was forced to play in Wildcard game vs Seattle, it completely went out as a torn ACL, MCL and meniscus knee injury.

- Either Young or Hershel Walker would have went No.1 overall – in Tampa with Young there, ..who was there both coach and player wise that could have helped Young ?
No doubt that had a tremendous developmental effect on his game and his career. Ironically it’s similar in how the surrounding has helped Dak Prescott as well.
Much better coaching and player personnel support.

- Though Lamar has his flaws as a pure passer, i'm not sure Ravens have did their best at supplying him with superlative WRs.
They drafted Marquise Brown in 1st round, but bringing in Dez ? Pleease !!
Snead a decent guy is now gone, Boykin is still a work in progress, ditto with Longhorns slot speedster Devin Duvernay - they havent supplied with a Cooper, Lamb or Gallup group.

:popcorn:

Brax

Reaction score
I have no idea what you are talking about with morals, attitude, character but I would take @MountaineerCowboy and his thoughts and opinions over you any day and twice on Sunday.
Remember those judging others morals attitude and character publicly are usually lacking in all 3 and do it to ease their shame for their total lack of them.