Was Lawrence a difference maker in the playoffs?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Was Lawrence a difference maker in the playoffs? In the 4th quarter did Lawrence make a play to help us win vs the Rams?
We should be over spending on the best coaches available. They do not count against the salary cap and great coaches can put their average to above average players in position to make big plays. See NE’s defense vs the Rams second ranked offense.

Coaching Matters a lot. We are screwed until Garrett is gone. Also, Richards and Marinelli failed big time vs the Rams. Look what NE’s average D with great coaching did to the Rams!

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Was Lawrence a difference maker in the playoffs? In the 4th quarter did Lawrence make a play to help us win vs the Rams?
We should be over spending on the best coaches available. They do not count against the salary cap and great coaches can put their average to above average players in position to make big plays. See NE’s defense vs the Rams second ranked offense.

Coaching Matters a lot. We are screwed until Garrett is gone. Also, Richards and Marinelli failed big time vs the Rams. Look what NE’s average D with great coaching did to the Rams!
DLaw had a torn labrum along with Antwaun Woods. That matters.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Just exactly who are these coaches?

If they're the best available, why are they available?

Do they want to work for Jerry?.... cause he's still the GM.

You guys need to stop slamming your head against the wall. Other than the surface of the wall and the surface of your head, you're not changing anything. Neither is whining to people on this website. It doesn't change anything. Either accept the Cowboys situation for what it is, or I suggest you do yourself a favor and follow another team. You're going to make yourself nuts.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

I think the main problem against the Rams was coaching, just like you said...………...it was just down right embarrassing how bad McVeigh outcoached Clappy in that game with all the misdirection and motion on offense. Notice how none of that crap worked against the Pats, that is because Hoody doesn't fall for gimmic chit like that.

As for DLaw, I think its a fair contract for a player that has had his overall production. Be it sacks, Qb hits, pressures, forced fumbles, ect...he is in the top 10 in virtually every category over the past several years. So taking his full body of work into account, I think its a fair deal for both him and the team.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Just exactly who are these coaches?

If they're the best available, why are they available?

Do they want to work for Jerry?.... cause he's still the GM.

You guys need to stop slamming your head against the wall. Other than the surface of the wall and the surface of your head, you're not changing anything. Neither is whining to people on this website. It doesn't change anything. Either accept the Cowboys situation for what it is, or I suggest you do yourself a favor and follow another team. You're going to make yourself nuts.
Anyone over Garrett. He adds nothing. He expects his players to consistently win, even his backups. Never forget the Atlanta fiasco. There are ways to scheme to put your players in better position to make plays. We have hope with our new OC if Garrett will let him run the offense and get the heck out of the way.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
D3dCZBUXsAA9HWA.jpg

Proof

Reaction score
You obviously hope for your impact players to show up on the biggest stage, but in one and done situations it’s not always the best way to evaluate

If it were, cj Anderson wouldn’t have hit FA, or at the very least would have had a very robust market.

Khalil Mack had a negligible impact in the Eagles game, I don’t think Donald had a single sack in three playoff games etc.

IrishAnto

Reaction score

Even good coaches need good players.
It's been proven Alchemy doesn't work.

sbark

Reaction score
Rams made sure he didn't get off to a fast start with the triple formation over him for a lot of 1st quarter, tells amount of respect they had for him.

Hard to beleive rod m hadn't seen the motion, etc before ...he had no moves to shut down run game, let alone force Goff off the babysitting radio.

A lot probably attributed to such a young team, prior a urlacher etc would've adjusted right on the field, or brought ideas to sideline. Our young players just caught in a teachable moment.

starfan1

Reaction score
I think the main problem against the Rams was coaching, just like you said...………...it was just down right embarrassing how bad McVeigh outcoached Clappy in that game with all the misdirection and motion on offense. Notice how none of that crap worked against the Pats, that is because Hoody doesn't fall for gimmic chit like that.

As for DLaw, I think its a fair contract for a player that has had his overall production. Be it sacks, Qb hits, pressures, forced fumbles, ect...he is in the top 10 in virtually every category over the past several years. So taking his full body of work into account, I think its a fair deal for both him and the team.
I’m not sure I do but it is what it is and contracts for the most part are not about what you did it’s about what you are going to do. The boys are hitching they’re wagons to DLaw so now I am as well I only hope he doesn’t disappoint

glimmerman

Reaction score
He did make a play in the lions playoff game a few years ago. The rams game was a huge cluster and our coaching made no adjustments to help our Defense..

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He didn’t play well against the Rams. But nobody did.

We do know that Lawrence can/does perform in the playoffs though. Remember the Lions playoff game?

So he has the ability to do it.

The Rams debacle was all on Marinellie. That was the worst game plan ever conceived....nobody was gonna have success w/ the way we were lining up. We did stuff in that game we didn't do all season...defensive formations...that just invited a beatdown. Still boggles my mind no one on the defensive staff got run after that BS.:mad:

HungryLion

Reaction score
The Rams debacle was all on Marinellie. That was the worst game plan ever conceived....nobody was gonna have success w/ the way we were lining up. We did stuff in that game we didn't do all season...defensive formations...that just invited a beatdown. Still boggles my mind no one on the defensive staff got run after that BS.:mad:

I agree. I still don’t understand how you don’t put a 3rd LB on the field when a team is running all over you.

Take your chances in the passing game but you need to go “big” with your personnel package if you’re getting run over like that.