Was Lawrence a difference maker in the playoffs?

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
The problem in the rams game wasn't Lawrence, IMO. LA did pretty much everything they could to take him out--chipping him, double teams, running away from him, ect.
His presence alone offered favorable matchups for the rest of the D-line. They simply couldn't take advantage of the opportunities.

Proof

Reaction score
You are making too much sense. They often do the opposite in Dallas. Lawrence is a good player. Somehow he is being lumped in with Donald and Mack. He is no where close to those guys.

Except that his numbers over the last two years are identical or better and neither of them did squat in the playoffs either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Except that his numbers over the last two years are identical or better and neither of them did squat in the playoffs either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you think Lawrence is in the same class as Donald or Mack I don’t know what to say to you.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This for posters/fans who think DLaw's deal will be a problem in the locker room

Proof

Reaction score
If you think Lawrence is in the same class as Donald or Mack I don’t know what to say to you.

I mean in general I agree with you. They’re the prominent d-linesmen in the league along with probably fletcher cox. But there’s a case to be made.

I can’t find the post that had all of their numbers side by side, but just for arguments sake over the past two years, here’s tank vs Mack

TFL SACKS QB HITS FF

Mack: 25 24 40 7

Tank 29 24.5 49 6

I guess call me crazy, but that’s pretty comparable and with a bum shoulder to boot.

kskboys

Reaction score
The problem in the rams game wasn't Lawrence, IMO. LA did pretty much everything they could to take him out--chipping him, double teams, running away from him, ect.
His presence alone offered favorable matchups for the rest of the D-line. They simply couldn't take advantage of the opportunities.
And we've tried and tried and tried to tell Jerry this. Playoff teams can all too often negate one player. Must have multiple threats.