Was Listening to Talking Cowboys and Broaddus Said Players Questioning Coaching Privately

Blue Eyed Devil

Reaction score
ahh, love how overused that one is.
What they don't tell you about 3 of those 17 guys ever started for the Green Bay Packers again.
They had to start Charlie freaking Peprah at safety in the Superbowl. You remember him, he was one of our safeties that got Rob Ryan fired.

Remember Brandon Jackson? Neither does anyone else because he's a running back that has never done anything anywhere except start in the Superbowl for the Ryan-Grant-less Packers.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You are getting all worked up....

If you can't see that post in not an attack against broaddus, I won't waste my time explaining.

Take a deep breathe, I know you feel a little sensitive, because people were throwing rocks at you and Broaddus, but just calm down. You are catching cardiac arrest for no reason.

Drink some warm milk and lay down in bed. Don't start a thread if you can't deal with people on the first page giving you backlash.

You seem to think it was me and Broaddus in the lockerroom reporting these things...................why the hell would anybody be giving me backlash for making a comment about what Broaddus said on Talking Cowboys...........thats a special kind of stupid if people are blaming me for what Broaddus said.

I guess some people would prefer to think things are a certain way and not face the reality of the situation if that reality is different from the fantasy they have created.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I have a bigger problem with the offensive scheme. I question if the defensive scheme is really a problem. From things I hear from players, at least the D-Line...they love the scheme. I think the Carr doesn't like the scheme. Maybe Carter...but that has to do with him getting benched.

But I haven't heard any players with glowing remarks about the offensive scheme. To me, the basic issue is that we require a lot of things to be right....down & distance, defensive alignments, *clearly* winning one-on-one battles and then executing (throwing accurately and catching the ball)....all for short gains. That's just poor schematics from a risk/reward perspective. Then the play calling is so predictable when teams know you're going to throw anytime they show blitz and anytime you use shotgun and know you're going to run anytime you don't show blitz and operate under center.

We need an offense that can score and consistently move the ball to keep your oft-injured defense off the field. Instead, we have an offense that would rather just throw it every down and can't move the ball. In essence, the offense does the defense absolutely no favors. Can't say that about the defense which has been a turnover machine this year.

YR

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Above you got all sensitive because people did not believe Broaddus. I'm not saying it, you come off as a sensitive kid. You act as if Broaddus is your daddy or something.

If anybody says anything that seems negative you start bleeding. My original post was actually in defense to broaddus and your post, but you are so caught up in defending another man, you took it another way.

LOL....................So saying that I dont think Broaddus is a liar is being sensitive?.

I am sure Broaddus is a big boy and does not need me to defend him.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I have a bigger problem with the offensive scheme. I question if the defensive scheme is really a problem. From things I hear from players, at least the D-Line...they love the scheme. I think the Carr doesn't like the scheme. Maybe Carter...but that has to do with him getting benched.

But I haven't heard any players with glowing remarks about the offensive scheme. To me, the basic issue is that we require a lot of things to be right....down & distance, defensive alignments, *clearly* winning one-on-one battles and then executing (throwing accurately and catching the ball)....all for short gains. That's just poor schematics from a risk/reward perspective. Then the play calling is so predictable when teams know you're going to throw anytime they show blitz and anytime you use shotgun and know you're going to run anytime you don't show blitz and operate under center.

We need an offense that can score and consistently move the ball to keep your oft-injured defense off the field. Instead, we have an offense that would rather just throw it every down and can't move the ball. In essence, the offense does the defense absolutely no favors. Can't say that about the defense which has been a turnover machine this year.

YR

I agree......................this offensive scheme is just not working.............we have only scored 12 offensive TDs since the Denver game...........a little over 2 TDs a game on average...............you cant win many games in this league with just 2 TDs per game.

Frozen700

Reaction score
LOL....................So saying that I dont think Broaddus is a liar is being sensitive?.

I am sure Broaddus is a big boy and does not need me to defend him.

And yet, here you are.

Post the article, your opinion and leave. No need to quote everyone who says anything negative about the article or statement. That's called defending.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Excellent post and right on point.

khiladi

Reaction score
You know what Wade use to subtley hint at during the Garrett years...

This offense is trash and doesn't afford our defense any favors, and can't susain drives, putting too much pressure on us to keep it close. We can't play aggressive, because this offense won't afford us any favors if our gmabling doesn't 'pay off' at times.

Times haven't changed in reality...

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
You know the offense is completely out of ideas when Romo has to draw up plays in the huddle and manually drag players to different positions at the LOS just to try to get a mismatch. The entire offensive system needs to be thrown in the garbage can. But then we are back to the question of " SO Jason Garrett....what IS it that do you here?"

khiladi

Reaction score
You know it's bad when Callahan is better than your supposed genius coach...

khiladi

Reaction score
The reason it's here in he first place is becaue we haven't been winning for a long time and the excuses have run out...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You know it's bad when Callahan is better than your supposed genius coach...

Is he? He is the one calling plays. What has Callahan done to make Garrett look bad? They are both responsible.

Unless you are saying that it is Garrett's scheme. But, then again, Callahan is not any smarter than Garrett.

khiladi

Reaction score
Is he? He is the one calling plays. What has Callahan done to make Garrett look bad? They are both responsible.

Unless you are saying that it is Garrett's scheme. But, then again, Callahan is not any smarter than Garrett.

That's my point, Callahan is awful but still a tad bit better than Garrett.. But that's like saying my poop stinks less than yours.. And it still is Garrett's scheme, but Call still sucks...

A least Callahan has added a couple more five-receiver sets and that RB, WR screen package that looks to be more a Romo can choose where he goes instead of the Garrett 'timing-based' nobody gets open passing offense...

Yippeeeeeeee..........

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
That's my point, Callahan is awful but still a tad bit better than Garrett.. But that's like saying my poop stinks less than yours.. And it still is Garrett's scheme, but Call still sucks...

A least Callahan has added a couple more five-receiver sets and that RB, WR screen package that looks to be more a Romo can choose where he goes instead of the Garrett 'timing-based' nobody gets open passing offense...

Yippeeeeeeee..........

You have actually seen some successful screen plays? When?

The ones that I have seen usually lose 2 or 3 yards! This team could not run a screen play if their life depended on it.

khiladi

Reaction score
You have actually seen some successful screen plays? When?

The ones that I have seen usually lose 2 or 3 yards! This team could not run a screen play if their life depended on it.

:)

There was a link to an article posted about why this offense sucks, but analyzed some packages they did well. One of them was a set-up where they could go WR screen or RB screen on the same play, i.e on the left side they had a screen set-up for Dez and up the middle-right they had Murray, with the linema kicking out..

Problem is, don't kno how many times they ran it. Probabl very little.. The reasonI say that is they mentioned another one of these successful plays, but it turned out to be one off of play-action, and we know how little they run it here. So count on our staff to just neglect what works...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
:)

There was a link to an article posted about why this offense sucks, but analyzed some packages they did well. One of them was a set-up where they could go WR screen or RB screen on the same play, i.e on the left side they had a screen set-up for Dez and up the middle-right they had Murray, with the linema kicking out..

Problem is, don't kno how many times they ran it. Probabl very little.. The reasonI say that is they mentioned another one of these successful plays, but it turned out to be one off of play-action, and we know how little they run it here. So count on our staff to just neglect what works...

Yeah! Where in the hell are the play action passes? All, I see are drop back passes, bt nothing under center.

A great example of how a play action pass can do some damage is when Romo hit Jesse Hollley for a win against the 49'ers. And that was a desperation play! Why not use that kind of play during a game?