Was Watching "The Break" on DC.com and They Are Trashing The Coaching Staff,

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
As i watched the Seahawks & Niners last night, couldn't help but think that if this team had a 10th of the resiliency, fortitude & preparation they showed, they would be almost unstoppable. Very few highly regarded draft picks or free agents, yet the Seahawks are always competitive even against the most talented teams in the league. Coaching counts for a lot of that. Russell being a generational talent doesn't hurt either but without the rest of the team being made mentally ready his talents would go unnoticed.

49ers scrapping for every yard. Getting a ton of players to contribute.

Those teams resemble what team sports are supposed to be about. Not a ***** fair catch when its do or die time.
The Seahawks are just the neon Cowboys.

Do a bunch of dumb offensive coaching (run the ball), get bailed out by your talent (Wilson) and think it's sustainable.

The Seahawks are always competitive because they have the best quarterback in football, not because they have some great organization or whatever.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I think Bucky Brooks got it right on the Herd today.

It has to be about PLAYERS over PLAYS. Something that has been absent JG's entire tenure with this team. They just don't seem to understand how to put players in the best position to succeed when things don't go as planned.

How do they not run any swing passes, draws or screens with Zeke last week?

And at the end of the game, the 3 players that put you in a position to win the game were not involved on any of the final 3 plays, Dak, Amari and Cobb.
Garrett has never known how to make in game adjustments.......after being around football his entire life simple football 101 continues to evade him.

Last edited:

strongarmqb

Reaction score
If I were Jerry Jones- I would Fire Jason Garrett today,... call Richard and Moore into the room. Tell them both the following ,..”I just removed what is perceived as the hinderance to success around here. Kris, you are the Head Coach- Kellen- you are calling Your offense, your way- Kris won’t get in your way. Kris- you better fix that defense now. Marinelli is fired as well. If we make the playoffs and advance- you get the jobs- if not, your both fired.”

What do you have to lose at this point honestly? He’s gonna blow it up anyway, might as well let it all ride

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The talking heads from inside the Star, who get their paychecks signed by Jerry Jones, were literally just trashing the coaching staff. No way they do this without permission from higher up, so if Jerry is cool with them trashing the coaches that cant be a good sign for Garrett. Here are a couple of quotes.

Helman...."the team is just mediocre, they should be better than this but they aren't"
"The play calling sucked, PERIOD...……….just mind boggling play calls"
"Everybody in the building but the Cowboy coaches knew they couldn't run"
"Decisions by coaching staff put the team at a disadvantage to win the game"

"Garrett said Tavon could return it, I am not buying it"(flat out calling Garrett a liar)

Eatman..... "I have no idea what these coaches are asking of these players"
"Coaching staff is just stubborn, will keep running plays that dont work repeatedly"

"Coaching staff apparently never seen a screen play before, they might want to use it"

Amber...….."How do coaches see screen passes all night and cant make any adjustment for it"
Does no one understand that IT'S A PROCESS?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If I were Jerry Jones- I would Fire Jason Garrett today,... call Richard and Moore into the room. Tell them both the following ,..”I just removed what is perceived as the hinderance to success around here. Kris, you are the Head Coach- Kellen- you are calling Your offense, your way- Kris won’t get in your way. Kris- you better fix that defense now. Marinelli is fired as well. If we make the playoffs and advance- you get the jobs- if not, your both fired.”

What do you have to lose at this point honestly? He’s gonna blow it up anyway, might as well let it all ride
All you'd do is get two dummies way over their heads. Then a coaching search begins.
Yeah, that sounds like Jerry all right....

TheTruthIsOutThere

Reaction score
Garrett was a QB coach for the Miami Dolphins, the dolphins, let that sink in. When was the last time the dolphins has a QB that played well? After a year there we hired him as an offensive coordinator. During the interview process which was done primarily by the Jones' (couldn't have had the HC do this because we haven't hired one at that time, we did this backwards.), Garrett had to show him some plays he came up with like Jerry and his kid have the experience for this. Garrett should have never been hired here because he didn't have enough experience and then we hand cuffed Wade with him.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Didn't want to start a new thread, but did you guys hear Slater at the Garrett PC today? She flatly asked him if he thought he was a good game manager. Wow.

Now I'm thinking something is really up. The Fan, the official site, and now Slater. She almost had to get approval to ask like that, or at least had to know she wouldn't get in trouble from the Jones Boys.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
The revolution has begun.

tenor.gif
It's been going on for awhile, it's just that all the excuses are finally running out.....Carrot supporters are painted into a corner.

kskboys

Reaction score
I simply don't get the usage of Pollard when they see up close how teams kill them with screens.

It's really odd. On one hand, I have been somewhat impressed with Moore. First time OC and he has the #1 offense in terms of yards per game and they are Top 6 in scoring.

On the other hand, he does some really maddening things.
I agree. I can see the promise there, for sure.

I think Moore needs a better advisor, someone to train him.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Garrett was a QB coach for the Miami Dolphins, the dolphins, let that sink in. When was the last time the dolphins has a QB that played well? After a year there we hired him as an offensive coordinator. During the interview process which was done primarily by the Jones' (couldn't have had the HC do this because we haven't hired one at that time, we did this backwards.), Garrett had to show him some plays he came up with like Jerry and his kid have the experience for this. Garrett should have never been hired here because he didn't have enough experience and then we hand cuffed Wade with him.

Yeah, but it took Landry a decade to win. Let's give Garrett a few more years. You don't want to miss out on the next Bill Belichick like the Browns did.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I really want to know what was said on HWTB on 11/12. Jesse Holley hinted on todays episode that the episode was too ctitical of the coaching and that if they want their podcasts aired they have to tone it down. Anyone want to summarize the 11/12 episode?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I don't think Garrett is that incompetent, but his stubbornness, lack of flexibility and naive real-time play management could be his downfall. By the way, really appreciate your David Bowie avatar.

I wish I could agree with you here. But the results speak for themselves. This case with Minny isn't the only time that Garrett has messed up during crunch time. It has happened before.

Being stubborn and having a lack of flexibility could be another way to hide his incompetence. What better excuse the Jones's and Garrett can have by saying that this is all part of the process and that eventually, they will find the holy grail and everything will be dandy.

Last edited:

catiii

Reaction score
The talking heads from inside the Star, who get their paychecks signed by Jerry Jones, were literally just trashing the coaching staff. No way they do this without permission from higher up, so if Jerry is cool with them trashing the coaches that cant be a good sign for Garrett. Here are a couple of quotes.

Helman...."the team is just mediocre, they should be better than this but they aren't"
"The play calling sucked, PERIOD...……….just mind boggling play calls"
"Everybody in the building but the Cowboy coaches knew they couldn't run"
"Decisions by coaching staff put the team at a disadvantage to win the game"

"Garrett said Tavon could return it, I am not buying it"(flat out calling Garrett a liar)

Eatman..... "I have no idea what these coaches are asking of these players"
"Coaching staff is just stubborn, will keep running plays that dont work repeatedly"

"Coaching staff apparently never seen a screen play before, they might want to use it"

Amber...….."How do coaches see screen passes all night and cant make any adjustment for it"
:eek::omg::eek:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Good.

I would say how do you draft a guy like Pollard and then sit him on the bench rather than finding ways to use him? Especially when there is a night/day difference in speed and quickness between he and Zeke.

I can imagine these geniuses on the coaching staff explaining “the reason why we don’t use him is because the other are expecting us to use him!”
blame the jones boys for that , once they paid elliot , they want him to get 95 % of snaps, it is the elliot show.
Pollard is just a spare tire now.