Was Watching "The Break" on DC.com and They Are Trashing The Coaching Staff,

Sydla

Reaction score
Jason Garretts biggest fault is his stubbornness. To Jason his resistance to change is his rock., his mantra, just keep doing it the same way everyday, focus on the process not the results. The problem is that's not how it works, Saban doesn't do that Jason...he made adjustments until he found a winning formula THEN you do it the same way everyday focusing on process..make sense Princeton boy? Tell Jerry too so he can change too and start by firing your ...

Dead on.

Garrett believes his process will lead to playoff wins and SBs. The problem is he has 9 years of evidence to suggest his process is failing and yet he simply will not deviate.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
As i watched the Seahawks & Niners last night, couldn't help but think that if this team had a 10th of the resiliency, fortitude & preparation they showed, they would be almost unstoppable. Very few highly regarded draft picks or free agents, yet the Seahawks are always competitive even against the most talented teams in the league. Coaching counts for a lot of that. Russell being a generational talent doesn't hurt either but without the rest of the team being made mentally ready his talents would go unnoticed.

49ers scrapping for every yard. Getting a ton of players to contribute.

Those teams resemble what team sports are supposed to be about. Not a ***** fair catch when its do or die time.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I simply don't get the usage of Pollard when they see up close how teams kill them with screens.

It's really odd. On one hand, I have been somewhat impressed with Moore. First time OC and he has the #1 offense in terms of yards per game and they are Top 6 in scoring.

On the other hand, he does some really maddening things.

He shows a lot of promise. If he had an actual HC to help him, he would be very successful. Many rookie OC's have some sort of assistance from the HC or someone on the squad. Unfortunately, he has Jason the Snake.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Good.

I would say how do you draft a guy like Pollard and then sit him on the bench rather than finding ways to use him? Especially when there is a night/day difference in speed and quickness between he and Zeke.

I can imagine these geniuses on the coaching staff explaining “the reason why we don’t use him is because the other are expecting us to use him!”
No, JJ expects his expensive toys to be played with first.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Typical of this coaching staff. Can't trust a guy enough to put on the field until his rookie deal is almost up.
To be honest, he didn’t help himself when he dropped a probable screen pass for a TD last weekend against the Giants.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
To be honest, he didn’t help himself when he dropped a probable screen pass for a TD last weekend against the Giants.
Maybe not but every player makes mistakes. Other teams don't forgo the talent over marginal issues. They keep finding ways to use the talent & season the player.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't know if its stubbornness, but Garrett doesn't seem to understand the flow of a game. Garrett's decisions seem to be based on criticisms he got for decisions he made in previous games or when he decisions turned out right, but he often ignores the circumstances are different for each game. For example, he had Maher try a 62 yard FG at the end of the half once and it worked. Then against the Vikings he tried a 57 yard FG, but it was the first possession of the game, not right before the half. So when Maher missed, the Vikings took possession near mid-field and they scored a TD from there setting the tone for the game.

What bizarre about these decisions is they often conflict with other strategies. The Cowboys style of defense, for example, is a bend but don't give up the big play. Let the other team make a mistake. But then why try a 57 yard FG? Wouldn't punting and pinning them inside their own 10 forcing them to drive 90 yards be more consistent with the defensive philosophy? The Cowboys should always be playing field position based on their defense. No wonder his players are confused about what to do.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Coop is literally snagging every ball within his catch radius and the last 3 plays of the would be game winning drive is 2 handoffs and an out route to the Fat Ewok.

Like Helman said, the Cowboys coaching staff made such mind numbing bad decisions that it cost the team any chance to win the game.
Actually I pin that pass to Zeke on Dak. I am sure that the coach didn't tell Dak to throw it to Zeke. Dak could have thrown it to Cooper or my pick would have been to Cobb. Cobb had that IT factor and he would have been my hot route for sure as the QB. Somehow Dak doesn't get little things like this. He wants to spread the ball around so much that he gets in his own way sometimes. When a receiver is hot, go to him till they stop it. Does a coach need to tell you that? Aikman has said that several times when he calls Cowboy games. Go to Cooper, he runs the best routes in the league. I would prefer giving Coop or Cobb a shot on that 4th down play. I wish Dak would understand that better.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
I don’t think ivy league students know how to adjust anything other than what they know....

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I have to give Jerry credit he has assembled a team with a ton of talent.

The last step will be to Dismiss the clown trying to run it

Really hard to evaluate the talent. Almost everyone seems to be underperforming, but they could just be overhyped, like Jaylon and LVE.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I would say how do you draft a guy like Pollard and then sit him on the bench rather than finding ways to use him? Especially when there is a night/day difference in speed and quickness between he and Zeke.
Yea but we knew this when he was drafted, and we know the answer.

Jason Garrett does not know how to use players to their abilities. It has been true for his entire tenure in Dallas. We've seen it with TEs, RBs, even TO and Dez. The guy just has absolutely 0 clue on how to adapt his sytem to the personnel.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really hard to evaluate the talent. Almost everyone seems to be underperforming, but they could just be overhyped, like Jaylon and LVE.
I think what we're starting to get now is a bunch of guys winging it, trying to make plays with no discipline. It's why we make a great play, then get gashed.
We have lots of talent it's just unfocused and unrefined.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
As i watched the Seahawks & Niners last night, couldn't help but think that if this team had a 10th of the resiliency, fortitude & preparation they showed, they would be almost unstoppable. Very few highly regarded draft picks or free agents, yet the Seahawks are always competitive even against the most talented teams in the league. Coaching counts for a lot of that. Russell being a generational talent doesn't hurt either but without the rest of the team being made mentally ready his talents would go unnoticed.

49ers scrapping for every yard. Getting a ton of players to contribute.

Those teams resemble what team sports are supposed to be about. Not a ***** fair catch when its do or die time.

I loved that game. That is a game where both teams played hard. They were well prepared and all they wanted to do was win.

This concept that Garrett's play hard for him. I don't think so. We don't have discipline. We don't adjust. We follow the same losing pattern game in and game out. This process crap has got to go. Players don't care what Garrett says anymore. He has lost the team.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I have to agree JG has never been a coach who made any type of adjustments. ATL game where green got beat just left him on an island no help. Minny killed us on the screen pass. How do you run Zeke twice when you have been killing them with Coop?????? Stupid is that stupid does.
Garrett makes adjustment.......... they're just mostly wrong

Last edited:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I don't think Garrett is that incompetent, but his stubbornness, lack of flexibility and naive real time play management could be his downfall. By the way, really appreciate your David Bowie avatar.
If you looked up incompetent in the dictionary it would have Garrett's picture there.

ksadler1

Reaction score
This team is imploding right now. Everything is right out in the open and nothing is being handled "in-house". The players have obviously lost faith in this system and it's coaches. You can bet there's alot more going on that we haven't heard.

Now here's the big question. Is Jerry seeing everything for what it is or is he going to make a move to please his fan base knowing it will confirm that he's been wrong all along?

Here's what l think needs to happen. This team is not winning anything regardless. Jerry needs to call Garrett into his office and tell him nothing but a SB appearance will save his job. No more excuses, no more moral victories. Then Jerry needs to STHU and stay away from any microphone or electronic device until after the year is officially over. Time to act Jerry. Enough is enough...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't think Garrett is that incompetent, but his stubbornness, lack of flexibility and naive real time play management could be his downfall. By the way, really appreciate your David Bowie avatar.
I tend to agree. we have been in all 4 games we lost this year, going into the 4th quarter. that's most NFL games and those game time decisions in crunch time is what makes the difference between a Seattle team that makes 10 point come backs and makes crucial plays and us, who snag defeat from jaws of victory. those moments are when a coach is defined. nothing wrong with the scheme, etc. but the crucial play calls have been awful in late 4th quarter.

and I am extremely disappointed in the defense. they have enough star power to be dominant, yet we suck.,