Wash Rinse Repeat

75boyz

Reaction score
Just read this board and you see why there is no change. When you have a fanbase without testicular fortitude that accepts regular season wins as their SB, why would there be change? Jerry is a business man 1st and foremost and he has a business model that is making him $ hand over fist...and playoff success isn’t a necessity to that business model. There will be no changes until something happens to Jerry’s bottom $

And if you challenge said fan base, it's a form of whining or hating or "not a true fan" or I 've been a fan longer and I dont complain so suck it up buttercup.

Mediocrity acceptance. Maybe not even mediocrity if your definition of success is a couple or 3 early playoff wins in 23 years...

We need Bob's miracle his post described. A fluke, Stars aligning and all the right bounces along with even more Lady Luck to win another title.

I'll take anything short of a blatant referee's call based championship at this point.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I say trade the experience and build thru the draft with the picks.

Rinse and repeat forever.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Been a long time true fan since I could walk ..1973-ish lol...and boys & girls, its getting harder each year that passes, especially in free agency. Is it me or does it seem like the front office(not will mcclay)..but the Jones' , keep doing the very same failed tactics over and over again as if it were the Movie Ground Hog Day? Haven't WE seen this show before, where we bargain bin hunt and let some solid, thrifty signee's go to other teams? How did Deon Thompson work out for us last offseason after we signed him from the bargain bin? How did Tavon do? See the trend? So why then, employ the very same tactics AGAIN?!!!! Its a fail. The excuse after the draft was that Seattle was being unreasonable and wanted too much for Thomas. Ok, here we are, and still no ET, even though he has significantly lowered his asking price. What gives? Are the Jones' THAT delusional, or is it pure myopic ineptitude? Is this a Garrett tactic in the way we sign or don't sign guys? This fan of 46 years is very concerned going forward about a repeat of what we saw in the late 1980's where the Cowboys looked like a mid level college team and totally lost their way, luster. My take is this, we failed to evolve with the game in the late 1980's...and we know what sadly happened to Landry. I sense its happening again and I am guilty of not seeing this before now. Its been going on for 20 years if we think about it. Jerry and Stevie seem too content with past achievements. History seems to be repeating itself. TELL ME I AM WRONG. Sorry for being a pain guys...I am normally not on my soap box ranting...TRYING TO MAINTAIN SOME SANITY HERE.Tell me how we can sensibly salvage the direction of the franchise and the culture on and off the field. How can we salvage THIS offseason in free agency and what would be the 1 or 2 moves ,player wise, that we can make..that would redeem the FO to a degree? For me, its Earl Thomas for starters,but after that, I know we need to fix the interior dline. Throw some names at me in free agency that MIGHT help. Thanks , Go Cowboys!!

DFWJC

Reaction score
That's not the problem. The problem is they refuse to admit that they don't know what they are doing, and look for outside help.
I think they see 3 division championships and 4 winning seasons in the last 5 and now with the youngest team in the league...and think they ARE doing the right things.
And really, in that situation most franchises (not all) would think the same thing.

Right or wrong

ShiningStar

Reaction score
If the fans accept its not about the SB but filling the stadium, everything will make sense and you ll be more at peace.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Broaddus is on Jerry's dime, and his depends as well. Why would we expect BB to say anything different? He's a ****.
He was part of the early 2000s teams that made dumb decisions on FA and gave out dumb contracts. If you've been a fan since 73 you should remember it too. FA winners typically don't win super bowls and lot of the times don't even win their division. I hated the way we did business back then and I have no issues with how they do it now.

At no time in the past 22 years has this team had 5 players up for contract with in the next year that all could get top 5 $. Add too that, already have 3 players on their roster making top 5 $ and actually deserve it and earned it, not just given to them like we use to do. It's not a bad problem to have. Look at the teams spending money right now. None of them have our "problem" of having their own guys they have to pay.

If you take the patriots out of thhe conversation, because they're in a league of their own, and look at the other teams who are consistently competitive, they're not FA player's.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Been a long time true fan since I could walk ..1973-ish lol...and boys & girls, its getting harder each year that passes, especially in free agency. Is it me or does it seem like the front office(not will mcclay)..but the Jones' , keep doing the very same failed tactics over and over again as if it were the Movie Ground Hog Day? Haven't WE seen this show before, where we bargain bin hunt and let some solid, thrifty signee's go to other teams? How did Deon Thompson work out for us last offseason after we signed him from the bargain bin? How did Tavon do? See the trend? So why then, employ the very same tactics AGAIN?!!!! Its a fail. The excuse after the draft was that Seattle was being unreasonable and wanted too much for Thomas. Ok, here we are, and still no ET, even though he has significantly lowered his asking price. What gives? Are the Jones' THAT delusional, or is it pure myopic ineptitude? Is this a Garrett tactic in the way we sign or don't sign guys? This fan of 46 years is very concerned going forward about a repeat of what we saw in the late 1980's where the Cowboys looked like a mid level college team and totally lost their way, luster. My take is this, we failed to evolve with the game in the late 1980's...and we know what sadly happened to Landry. I sense its happening again and I am guilty of not seeing this before now. Its been going on for 20 years if we think about it. Jerry and Stevie seem too content with past achievements. History seems to be repeating itself. TELL ME I AM WRONG. Sorry for being a pain guys...I am normally not on my soap box ranting...TRYING TO MAINTAIN SOME SANITY HERE.Tell me how we can sensibly salvage the direction of the franchise and the culture on and off the field. How can we salvage THIS offseason in free agency and what would be the 1 or 2 moves ,player wise, that we can make..that would redeem the FO to a degree? For me, its Earl Thomas for starters,but after that, I know we need to fix the interior dline. Throw some names at me in free agency that MIGHT help. Thanks , Go Cowboys!!

ET has lowered his asking price? After Collins big $? I didn't see that Ray. Do you think he will accept second best? I don't, maybe my impression of the player is way off. He hasn't signed yet so maybe you can take that as some small hope. Then again we could win the booby prize. I like boobies. I've read that Tre Boston might take second wave money but he ain't no booby.

For me there isn't a single "he's the guy" player to win us a SB in 2019 out there. I know that's little consolation but as fans we tend to over estimate the players on our team and at the same time evaluate the players on other teams as even better. We aren't one player away or SPLASH I'd be in the pool. Sorry brother no quick fix here

Rayman70

Reaction score
ET has lowered his asking price? After Collins big $? I didn't see that Ray. Do you think he will accept second best? I don't, maybe my impression of the player is way off. He hasn't signed yet so maybe you can take that as some small hope. Then again we could win the booby prize. I like boobies. I've read that Tre Boston might take second wave money but he ain't no booby.

For me there isn't a single "he's the guy" player to win us a SB in 2019 out there. I know that's little consolation but as fans we tend to over estimate the players on our team and at the same time evaluate the players on other teams as even better. We aren't one player away or SPLASH I'd be in the pool. Sorry brother no quick fix here
Northern, he kinda sorta lowered it if he wants a short term 2 year deal. To me, that's a win for us if we can get his services. I don't mind 15 mil per on a 2 year deal as long as nothing is guaranteed and its an incentive laden deal to reach that number. Compare that deal to Collins, which is absolutely odd in my opinion. Collins isn't even in the top 10 of safeties if you base it on his performances last 2 years. Earl is easily a bargain if we can get him here short term. Then again, as you know, its lying season...we don't know whats fact or fiction. Each team and free agent has their poker face on. Kinda disagree ...I do think we are 1 MAYBE 2 guys away from making a strong SB push. ET would do a lot more than you think. The caveat being, we need to fix the interior dline...its a bad issue. Rams exposed us. Wonder if we can sign Suh short term too?

Rayman70

Reaction score
He was part of the early 2000s teams that made dumb decisions on FA and gave out dumb contracts. If you've been a fan since 73 you should remember it too. FA winners typically don't win super bowls and lot of the times don't even win their division. I hated the way we did business back then and I have no issues with how they do it now.

At no time in the past 22 years has this team had 5 players up for contract with in the next year that all could get top 5 $. Add too that, already have 3 players on their roster making top 5 $ and actually deserve it and earned it, not just given to them like we use to do. It's not a bad problem to have. Look at the teams spending money right now. None of them have our "problem" of having their own guys they have to pay.

If you take the patriots out of thhe conversation, because they're in a league of their own, and look at the other teams who are consistently competitive, they're not FA player's.
oh I recall. I remember the signings...it was like Brewsters millions lol. I get what your sayin man. The issue is and this has been proven effective, you can do both and win big...You can walk and chew bubble gum. Meaning, dip into free agency smartly, where its needed...not go hog wild, AND draft well. IT CAN BE DONE. Look at the Iggles and Rams. Saints too. Drafting and signing your own isn't the end all be all. It takes a balanced approach. That's where we went wrong lately.

glimmerman

Reaction score
oh I recall. I remember the signings...it was like Brewsters millions lol. I get what your sayin man. The issue is and this has been proven effective, you can do both and win big...You can walk and chew bubble gum. Meaning, dip into free agency smartly, where its needed...not go hog wild, AND draft well. IT CAN BE DONE. Look at the Iggles and Rams. Saints too. Drafting and signing your own isn't the end all be all. It takes a balanced approach. That's where we went wrong lately.
I am guessing they were trying to get out of cap problems and build through the draft. But now we are going to have big players with contracts due. Dak and Elliot. Jaylon soon, Byron. Cooper and D-Law real soon.

Rayman70

Reaction score
BROADDUS IS C U C K E D . Jerral has he and Spags in his drawers. I mean, just look at Spagnola for instance...lol..."why is he available if he's so good?" lol.....HECK, WITH HIS LOGIC, why sign anyone? See my point? BB and spags are reading from the same script handed out by JJ and Booger. Pretty obvious.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I am guessing they were trying to get out of cap problems and build through the draft. But now we are going to have big players with contracts due. Dak and Elliot. Jaylon soon, Byron. Cooper and D-Law real soon.
DLaw may have talked his way outta Dallas. Stay tuned.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
One thing I have to say..

What changed was FA.

We have never dealt with that well.

After the 90s team grew old..

the only thing we did was give Romo a huge deal without him winning anything.

Then TO was the same thing.

Huge deal and no money for other players to support them.

And here we are again about to pay DAK, Zeke, Cooper Tank, and soon Jaylon and Vander Esch, too.

Seeing this coming, I can easily see where they have set cap aside to deal with it..

but it's the same deal as before.

We are paying for future success when we have little to show for what has gone before.

I have come to terms with this owner.

He is about money and entertainment using the Cowboys and their stadium and now the Star as the main attractions.

He has branched into hosting college and HS football games, pro boxing, kick boxing fights, rock and country concerts and other events at ATT to keep the revenue flowing.

I can not even imagine what else he is into..restaurant franchises, etc.

So I just do not believe the Cowboys matter as much as what it provides the Jones Family in lifestyle.

This leaves us fans frustrated on the outside looking in..face pressed against the glass and wishing we could be happy with it all.

But it's just entertainment.

It's the Romans and their Collusium.

The Romans were no fools.

They kept the commoners occupied with gladiators and lions and collected taxes and fought wars, built navies, all for more riches and thru enormous parties for themselves for centuries.

Jerrah just bought a $500,000 yatch but it takes another million/ yr to staff and sail it.

That is what Jerrah is about.

Us?

We are stuck paying the freight and grumbling.

Nothing is going to change.

I am not disillusioned. Just realistic in my expectations in a modern world.

Sorry.