Washington Fans Take on the Game (Funny)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It's like pulling teeth against bad teams. Expect a competitive game, based on us playing down to competition.

Praxit

Reaction score
..what is weird. The commies were actually doing alright. Almost 500 ball. Then they went off trading some quality players. Tanking? Or who knows?

Beaker42

Reaction score
They aren’t that bad. They aren’t that good.

They are just bad enough to lose by 2+ scores. But good enough they could win.

Hard to judge this one
We need to show up. Bracket Scary Terry and we win by 35.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
These quotes came from a prediction thread on one of their forums:

By halftime I will be outside in my yard painting individual blades of grass, but the tears keep making the paint run...

44-7 Dallas. If you thought 6 turnovers was bad against a decent Giants defense. Just watch what Dallas' elite defense does to us. We are gonna get hammered. Hard.

My prediction record is in tatters after I confidently predicted a 100% chance of victory against the giants, but this week will get me back on track. RedTeam Commanders 16 cowboys 35

For the first time in 53 years...I DON'T CARE! My addiction is broken! Going fishing and have some turkey in the afternoon.

It won't be as horrendous as the Giants game, but it will be a legit beat down in prime time. Don't choke on your turkey. 35 – Cowboys 20 - Commanders

Every Dallas possession results in a TD and all take 6 plays or fewer. Every. Single. One. Sam is pulled to avoid injury and Dallas feasts on Briskett. cowboys 140 Commies 0

Let the countdown begin! T-1 more day til Ron hopefully gets fired!

77-3 record breaking win for the cowboys.

Being a fan of this team is dangerous, but not as dangerous as needing to pull Parsons off Sam's leg to keep him from chewing on it...he's gonna be in the backfield so much Sam gonna get delirious and think he's the checkdown back...

48-12. I already put a little turkey $$ on Dallas -10 which should get bet up before game time.

Yeah I don’t see how we hold them under 35. this is sad Dallas 41 Washington 20

I will be on my third slice of pie. Should be cool enough for me to have a fire. Annoying glare of sun blinding you in the gap of Jerruh World and blinding Sam Howell as the Manders struggle to cross mid-field Score? Bovine Cartel - 34 Commanders – 13

I hope Sam Howell’s blue cross and blue shield premiums are current. Micah gonna have a field day. Dallas 37 Washington 16

After getting whipped by an atrocious team yesterday they will somehow make it competitive against a much better one in Dallas. We play to the level of the competition, but the result is the same regardless…we lose. 32-20 Dallas They will enjoy a hot shower after the game though so that’s cool.

42-10 Girls And I get to spend Thanksgiving with a bunch of cowboy fans. Bleah.

Maybe I'll just go see The Marvels or Taylor Swift's Era movie.

I hate Dallas, I'm a old school fan from the 80s back when teams had to go through us to get to the super bowl, and we actually could beat the turds on a regular basis. My hatred for Dallas is burned deep inside me. If we win this game I know it messes up our draft position, and I am in full tank mode, but my stupid heart just can't stand to see us lose the the ****ing Cowboys....my prediction is, no way in hell does this team coached by these idiots stands a chance in hell...Dallas 42 Us 17

I also predict we'll have dinner over with before 4:25, so these ****s don't ruin my appetite again this week!!
Thanks for posting.

somehow I think Boys fans are not so confident it will be easy, including myself. I hope not , but cant shake the feeling that we will make it a bit laborius. Finally we will win by 2 scores But there will be moments of agony.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Being a fan of this team is dangerous, but not as dangerous as needing to pull Parsons off Sam's leg to keep him from chewing on it
This actually made me laugh.

I’m expecting a 10-13 point Cowboys W and it will not come easily. Division opponent, Primetime, Thanksgiving.

Creeper

Reaction score
I wish I was as optimistic as the Commanders' fans are pessimistic. Yeah, Washington played a horrible game against the Giants. Both teams are bad teams, but this same Washington team took the Eagles to overtime once this year and almost beat them the second time they faced them. This Washington team can be pesky because they can throw the football. If the Cowboys allow them to run it as well, it could be a long day for Dallas. Remember, Washington beat Dallas last year when Howell started his first game. Washington also sacked Tommy Boy 9 times last week so even without Sweat and Young they can still get pressure on the QB.

Dallas had better be ready for a fight because I think they will get one.

plasticman

Reaction score
Washington fans want this game. They would cheerfully accept the consolation prize of beating the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. Many would then consider this a successful season.

This is the most vicious rivalry in the NFL. Even if one team is having a poor season, if they can't get to the playoffs then they will do everything in their power to prevent the other from going to the playoffs.

There have been several occasions where one team is dominant and the weaker team will win. Do you remember Jimmy Johnson's first season in 1989 when the Cowboys went 1-15? Try to guess who they defeated. That's right! That Washington team won the Super bowl two years before 1989 and again two years after 1989.

In 1995 Washington went 6-10. Two of those victories were both Cowboys games.....and this was the season the Cowboys won the Super Bowl.

A small collection of quotes regarding the rivalry:

"When you sign with Washington, you sign a contract to hate the Cowboys."-Charles Mann

"I mean, nothing but cold water. Dann R***kins. And you know they've got hot water. You know they're showering good."-Harvey Martin. Billy Kilmer later confirmed that Allen had ordered R***kins Equipment manager Tom McVean to turn off the hot water leading to the visiting locker room when Dallas was in town.

"George Allen never used to say 'the Dallas Cowboys', it was always 'the goddann Dallas Cowboys.' It's the Cowboys' uniform. It strikes hate and loathing in my mind, almost in a Pavlovian sense."-John Wilbur

"Losing to Dallas was the worst feeling in the world. You'd rather have your arm cut off."-Diron Talbert

"If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard R***kins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan."-Jim Lachey

"If you came out of the (Dallas) game and you weren't bleeding, you hadn't played."- Ken Houston

"We're standing there for the national anthem. When it's over, Joe (Bugel) looks over to the other sideline at Ernie Stautner, who's the Cowboys defensive line coach. Joe yells over to him and flips him off."-Joe Jacoby

"There are three great things in life: Winning the lottery, having a baby, and beating the Cowboys..."- Mark May, after a 41-14 route of Dallas in 1986.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JOE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUU..."-the Texas Stadium crowd on Sept 9, 1985, singing to Joe Theismann on his 36th birthday, after he had thrown five interceptions in a 44-14 loss.