Washington fires HC Ron Rivera

Fmart322

Reaction score
With that ownership he was brought in under he never really had a chance.
He's a solid guy.

Surfguy

Reaction score
Commanders were never in command. Should have renamed the team the Deadskins.

lkelly

Reaction score
I guess they are disappointed that they didn’t win yesterday’s Super Bowl.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
While it is an absolutely outside of the box and not the route I’d have gone…meyers is a former sports agent with connections across all sports. He’s also incredibly smart and well respected. Does that mean he will have success? No, but he’ll 100% put the work in and learn the craft- if he fails it won’t be for lack of trying.

Little too much of a risk for me if I’m running them but I’d bet between him and spielman (whose a lifelong nfl guy) they have the follow up plans in order and laid out. It’s easy to laugh because he’s an nba guy but it could also work as well.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Well, it's started but word is, Blank is planning to major swing at him also. I think the Falcons would be a better fit. The offense is loaded, the defense has some good pieces and he would have pretty much total control coz. Team president, McCay handles the team's business side, very little on the field.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I hate Washington, but if I was the owner…..
  1. Trade with Chicago for the #1 pick and let them take Marvin Harrison Jr at #2; select Caleb Williams, QB USC.
  2. Hire Jim Harbaugh as Head coach.
  3. Use every other draft pick on OL and defense.

My3Sons

Reaction score
With that ownership he was brought in under he never really had a chance.
He's a solid guy.
He is very mediocre. Some lazy owner will hire him as the retread bin is always the easy way out.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
While it is an absolutely outside of the box and not the route I’d have gone…meyers is a former sports agent with connections across all sports. He’s also incredibly smart and well respected. Does that mean he will have success? No, but he’ll 100% put the work in and learn the craft- if he fails it won’t be for lack of trying.

Little too much of a risk for me if I’m running them but I’d bet between him and spielman (whose a lifelong nfl guy) they have the follow up plans in order and laid out. It’s easy to laugh because he’s an nba guy but it could also work as well.
Oh I agree somewhat.........but putting an NBA team together vs the NFL is night and day. Hell, if you trust Spielman that much, just hiring him as ya President.

Side note.....Been a while since we heard anything from Magic Johnson. Word is, he came out strong days/weeks after the sale was final, meeting with coaches, players and front office people. He even posted a few tweets criticizing the team after a few losses. But I read a couple of nuggets that suggested Harris pulled him a bit and reminded him of the ownership structure. In other words, you are a limited partner, act like it.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I hate Washington, but if I was the owner…..
  1. Trade with Chicago for the #1 pick and let them take Marvin Harrison Jr at #2; select Caleb Williams, QB USC.
  2. Hire Jim Harbaugh as Head coach.
  3. Use every other draft pick on OL and defense.
I agree with hiring Harbaugh but I'm not sure Williams is the best QB. I would take a hard look at the top 5 QBs. I may be able to get the one that best fits my system and team with a trade-down. Besides, I would also strongly consider taking Harrison and going after Wilson, Fields or Cousins.