Twitter: Washington has also requested permission to speak to Will McClay

MojaveJT

Reaction score
WM would be crazy to go there. He’s a king in Dallas and is treated as such.

Reactions: CWR

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
True but it is not necessary for someone else to outbid Jones. People take other jobs offered to them for less if it matters that much to them.
Yes, but I'm guessing Will's pretty happy here. Otherwise, he probably would have sought out another team. Who knows? Maybe he dropped a seed in someone's ear (Get your minds out of the gutter, people!) and that's why they're asking...May e did so, but just to get more money out of JJ!
:laugh:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I am guessing it will be for GM. McClay is basically one of several vice-GMs here. McClay just doesn’t have final say. Jerry has final say.

The vice GMs are Stephen, McCarthy, and McClay.

If McClay doesn’t like where he is now or wants more money, then he will likely leave. If not, then he stays.

I am sure McClay doesn’t do all the scouting and player recommendations by himself. There are many under him. It is a group effort. I am sure there are some under him who are quite capable themselves.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
If they offer him GM and autonomy over player personnel, why wouldn't he leave? Managing a roster without Jerry and Stephen Jones looking over your shoulder, having a draft war room that didn't double as a Jones family reunion....hard to imagine McClay won't bolt if they make him a great offer.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, but I'm guessing Will's pretty happy here. Otherwise, he probably would have sought out another team. Who knows? Maybe he dropped a seed in someone's ear (Get your minds out of the gutter, people!) and that's why they're asking...May e did so, but just to get more money out of JJ!
:laugh:
Trust me. No one hopes Will McClay is content to stay more than me. To me, he has been a godsend. I would elaborate more on how I feel on the subject but that would clearly violate site rule #6. Big time, lol.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they offer him as GM and autonomy over player personnel, why wouldn't he leave? Managing a roster without Jerry and Stephen Jones looking over your shoulder, having a draft war room that didn't double as a Jones family reunion....hard to imagine McClay won't bolt if they make him a great offer.
It is a possibly. Different people have ambitions that other people may not understand or accept as important to someone else.

fivetwos

Reaction score
McClay isn’t perfect but it beats the crap out of when Jerry and his drinking buddies made the draft board.

Hey…we had our window with these guys. This is how things work.

It won’t be about money. If Quinn leaves it’s about him getting a second shot. If McClay leaves it’s about being tired of his Milli Vanilli role and Jerry’s ego not giving him the title even though everyone pretty much knows it ain’t Jerry who is running the day to day.