Wasn’t Brady worth it at 22-25 mil

khiladi

Reaction score
FACT: Bill Belichick is sub-.500 with QB's not named "Tom Brady" and has all of 1 playoff win. Obviously we are talking about him as an HC, so I hope you're not planning on bringing up his role as a DC in East Rutherford.

Improved the Browns every year at Jimmy Johnson Cowboys pace, in the pre-modern free agency era, 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5, started out like 4-1 in his last year in 1995, but the rumors floating around the move to Baltimore, the announcement officially made in the beginning of November, and the state of the franchise plagued the team and nobody knew what was going to happen after the season and they tanked.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
FACT: Bill Belichick is sub-.500 with QB's not named "Tom Brady" and has all of 1 playoff win. Obviously we are talking about him as an HC, so I hope you're not planning on bringing up his role as a DC in East Rutherford.
Nobody wins in Cleveland and that was in the 90s. I'm talking about his career with the Patriots

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I understand the age concern , but just watch the decision making and accuracy against good teams . Dak mostly folds . With all the weapons Dak had , he comes short too often . , even against bad teams . His 1-6 Record against good teams is abysmal .
Did you watch Brady last year, he missed open targets and wasn't more accurate than Dak. However I agree with you on his mind since not too much he hasn't seen.

Plus you keep talking about 1-6 last year, which is incorrect but you're talking about 1 season in which the entire team quit. Look at what he has done his entire career against winning teams and compare that to other QBs

Ghost12

Reaction score
Improved the Browns every year at Jimmy Johnson Cowboys pace, in the pre-modern free agency era, 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5,
Whuh huh? Jimmy Johnson went from 1 win in year 1 to Super Bowl Champ in year 4. Belichick went from 6 wins to 12 wins (I’m including the playoff victory). That’s not even remotely a Jimmy Johnson pace.
started out like 4-1 in his last year in 1995, but the rumors floating around the move to Baltimore, the announcement officially made in the beginning of November, and the state of the franchise plagued the team and nobody knew what was going to happen after the season and they tanked.
Keeping a team focused is a huge part of an HC’s job. If the team fell apart, he may not deserve all the blame but he certainly deserves some.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Nobody wins in Cleveland and that was in the 90s. I'm talking about his career with the Patriots
You don’t know your football history. While not champions, the Browns has several decent years in the 80’s to early 90’s. They went to the AFCCG 3 of the 5 years just prior to Belichick’s arrival. Oh but since your talking about his time in NE, the statement almost holds true nonetheless. In NE, he is exactly .500 with zero playoff wins in games not started by Tom Brady.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
They did.....but Dalton played 13 games that year and got hurt against the Steelers. But I guess we could give him credit for games he didn’t play in........:eek:

Well Dalton was 10-2 in the 1st 12 games games and in the 13th game he got injured in the 1st series of the game....it's not to far a reach to think if Dalton hadn't gotten hurt the team would have still gone 12-4 with him or maybe even better, c'mon. Dalton was having his best year in 2015

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well Dalton was 10-2 in the 1st 12 games games and in the 13th game he got injured in the 1st series of the game....it's not to far a reach to think if Dalton hadn't gotten hurt the team would have still gone 12-4 with him or maybe even better, c'mon. Dalton was having his best year in 2015
I mean we can play the "what if" game all we want. Fact of the matter is he did not go 12-4 which is my point.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I mean we can play the "what if" game all we want. Fact of the matter is he did not go 12-4 which is my point.

I get he didn't play the final 4 games and more than likely the poster didn't know that when he said they went 12-4 but it would have been more honest to say he basically only played 12 games and was 10-2 in those games. The poster gave him credit for a 12-4 season which wasn't all his and your post read like they had no chance to do it With Dalton even had he played those 4 games

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I understand the age concern , but just watch the decision making and accuracy against good teams . Dak mostly folds . With all the weapons Dak had , he comes short too often . , even against bad teams . His 1-6 Record against good teams is abysmal .
Prescott does not mostly fold. He wouldn’t have his numbers if that was true. You don’t like him that’s fine but he’s a top 10 quarterback make no mistake about that

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
how'd did dak's offensive line compare to other teams offensive line. he walked into a dream job.
Yes his dream was to have his left tackle be injured. His dream was to lose his starting center. His dream was to have a rookie left guard.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Dang, even more weak posts. Sounds like your mantra. Sad stuff.

I'm not the guy who tried to make the argument that Brady can't play in an downfield passing attack offense and then used 2008 where he played a total of 11or 12 snaps for the season before he was rolled up on by a lineman and tore his ACL as an example. If you don't see the ridiculousness of that argument then your the one with the mantra issue, not me. You might want to revisit that argument

What seems more likely to you. Tom Brady in 2007 with Randy Moss throws for 4800 yards and 50 TD's in a big downfield passing attack that season or your argument that in 2008 in a downfield passing attack Brady got injured after playing 11 snaps? And your wondering why i said you would look like a fool if you kept making that argument?

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I get he didn't play the final 4 games and more than likely the poster didn't know that when he said they went 12-4 but it would have been more honest to say he basically only played 12 games and was 10-2 in those games. The poster gave him credit for a 12-4 season which wasn't all his and your post read like they had no chance to do it With Dalton even had he played those 4 games
You do know that every team they beat that year either had a losing record when they faced them or ended the season with a losing record. Hardly a season to brag about.....

basel90

Reaction score
Did you watch Brady last year, he missed open targets and wasn't more accurate than Dak. However I agree with you on his mind since not too much he hasn't seen.

Plus you keep talking about 1-6 last year, which is incorrect but you're talking about 1 season in which the entire team quit. Look at what he has done his entire career against winning teams and compare that to other QBs
1-6 against winning teams is accurate , check the record . Plus losses the jets and bears !, why do you want to forget last season ? The season before that was also terrible and Jerry had to trade to get Dak more weapons after the Tennesse debacle at home . The. Dak couldn’t engineer 1 point against the colts etc etc .
Stop with the excuses ...
Brady had much much less to work with , and still made the playoffs .

basel90

Reaction score
Prescott does not mostly fold. He wouldn’t have his numbers if that was true. You don’t like him that’s fine but he’s a top 10 quarterback make no mistake about that
His record is abysmal against good teams . When the running game struggles , he folds . I like the cowboys and don’t see Dak as a QB taking the team to the SB. You seem to love his mediocrity and that is fine .

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
1-6 against winning teams is accurate , check the record . Plus losses the jets and bears !, why do you want to forget last season ? The season before that was also terrible and Jerry had to trade to get Dak more weapons after the Tennesse debacle at home . The. Dak couldn’t engineer 1 point against the colts etc etc .
Stop with the excuses ...
Brady had much much less to work with , and still made the playoffs .
Did philly have a winning record? How about the Rams? Like I said you stupid Dak haters keep using 1 win against winning teams last year and it's incorrect. You want to hate Dak, at least get the damn information correct.