Wasn’t Brady worth it at 22-25 mil

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Put Dak on the Patriots and with the weapons that Brady had on offense last year, Dak would have been a disaster.
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe Bellichick and the Patriots coaching and system plays some part in the success.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With what real weapons did Brady have? Can you imagine if Brady had our offensive weapons what he would of done?
So, you were of the mindset that Garrett was not a deterrent to the Cowboys, and that coaching doesn’t factor into how a team does? Thats cool, but you are a minority.

I understand there was a bit of a drop off in offensive talent in NE with Gronk retiring and the receivers after Edleman being inconsistent with injuries and other issues, but he wasn’t completely void of talent. He still had Edleman and the same RB group that had been one of the best in 2018. And Dak had inconsistency from Cooper and the TE position. And let’s not forget NE had the best defense in the NFL to help the team out a bit.

Still, I agree Dallas had better overall offensive talent than NE, I was only saying we don’t know how Dak may have fared with better coaching and a better, more consistently successful system, but if you don’t believe coaching matters I guess that won’t hold water for you.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dang he sounds like dak when it comes to beting teams wi
With what real weapons did Brady have? Can you imagine if Brady had our offensive weapons what he would have done?
we can't imagine that dak's the best ever. nobody could have won more than 8 games with our talented team.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dang he sounds like dak when it comes to beting teams wi

we can't imagine that dak's the best ever. nobody could have won more than 8 games with our talented team.
Idiotic interpretation of the discussion. My guess is you don’t even know what the discussion was between me and MrV. We weren’t even talking about Brady with the Cowboys, we were talking about if Dak had been with NE.

Silly

Reaction score
With what real weapons did Brady have? Can you imagine if Brady had our offensive weapons what he would of done?

I don't even know if the comparison would fair at this point because Brady has had so much more game experience then Dak.

Last edited:

Ghost12

Reaction score
No, it’s really not. These are called valid reasons... He was also 11-5 with Cassell as a starter and 3-1 when Brady went down a couples years back.
Now you're cherry picking. His career he is sub-.500 without Brady and all of 1 playoff win. In NE, he is exactly .500 without Brady and 0 playoff wins.

basel90

Reaction score
Way to run around the bush and back track on what you said. Stop saying 1 win against winning teams and you won't have to keep getting corrected silly rabbit
Hanging on straws and dim hopes ? A bad record is a bad record .

SSoup

Reaction score
Tom Brady's passer rating in the last 4 years fell from the 110's to the 100's to the 90's to the 80's.

Boy, it's almost as if there's some sort of trend there.

But sure, toss out a young franchise QB for a 43-year old one who is already on his way to the trash heap. If it makes you feel better inside to be hitching your wagon to someone who looks like Brady.

basel90

Reaction score
Brees was 1-2 in the playoffs after 6 years in the NFL. Peyton Manning was 0-3 in the playoffs in his first 5 years. So, how does 1-2 after 4 years condemn a QB?

Of course we, and the team, should want a deep playoff run every year, but if it doesn’t happen it doesn’t automatically mean the players at key positions, including QB, are incapable of winning.

1- are you comparing dak ti Brees and Manning ? I hope not . He is not in their league early or late in their careers .
2- brews and Manning played with much less talented squads . Dak had elite offenses throughout his career , and was not able to to avoid mediocrity.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Hanging on straws and dim hopes ? A bad record is a bad record .
Well use correct information and you won't have to worry about it. It's not the first time you have been corrected but you refuse to use correct information because you hate Dak so much. Plenty of stats and stuff out there that's negative on Dak, only reason to continue using wrong information is because of the strong dislike for player and nothing to do with his talent or how good he is.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1- are you comparing dak ti Brees and Manning ? I hope not . He is not in their league early or late in their careers .
2- brews and Manning played with much less talented squads . Dak had elite offenses throughout his career , and was not able to to avoid mediocrity.
No, I’m not saying Dak is as good a player as those guys, I’m using those guys as evidence that the record, including playoff record, the first few years of a career does not define or condemn a player’s career the way you are pretending it does with Dak.

You can’t reasonably say your argument on record and playoffs applies to Dak but somehow doesn’t apply to others.

Manning had a RB and a WR that made the HOF, and Brees had a HOF RB and TE, and they both had great running games to help take pressure off them, so let’s not pretend they had no talent around them.

basel90

Reaction score
Well use correct information and you won't have to worry about it. It's not the first time you have been corrected but you refuse to use correct information because you hate Dak so much. Plenty of stats and stuff out there that's negative on Dak, only reason to continue using wrong information is because of the strong dislike for player and nothing to do with his talent or how good he is.
1-6 is accurate . Check the link and correct your info
https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/amp...yoff-teams-proves-he-s-overrated-01e8w0ps73e0

khiladi

Reaction score
Now you're cherry picking. His career he is sub-.500 without Brady and all of 1 playoff win. In NE, he is exactly .500 without Brady and 0 playoff wins.

How is that cheery picking? With Cassell and his other QBs, after implementing the system he wanted in NE and establishing his tenor, he was 18-6.

basel90

Reaction score
No, I’m not saying Dak is as good a player as those guys, I’m using those guys as evidence that the record, including playoff record, the first few years of a career does not define or condemn a player’s career the way you are pretending it does with Dak.

You can’t reasonably say your argument on record and playoffs applies to Dak but somehow doesn’t apply to others.

Manning had a RB and a WR that made the HOF, and Brees had a HOF RB and TE, and they both had great running games to help take pressure off them, so let’s not pretend they had no talent around them.

These QBs did not have the same talent especially at OL which is crucial . These elite QBs you mentioned make players and coaches around them better . Once you win a super bowl many players around you get to the HOF .
It can be argued Dak has destroyed many careers around him and is a coach killer as well . The excuses for Dak has to end at some stage . It is super bowl or bust now with him as the cowboys can or justify keeping him at 37 and 50 mil a year .