Video: Watch Dak Prescott's reaction to Jerry calling him "The Daddy"

Frozen700

Reaction score
No I mean the media giving him softball questions, joking around with him.....every report that comes out about the guy is favorable. Stories about how he's turning down endorsements, turning down going to Kanye West concerts.....

Its just different. Romo got this later on in his career. I personally haven't seen anything like this from a rookie QB. Usually rookie QB's don't get how to handle the media. Sure, it helps his team is winning but there's rarely a moment where you cringe at Dak talking to the press.

The turning down endorsements thing is huge in my eyes.

I remember him saying he turns them down to focus more on football.

Hard to hate this guy, even if you didn't want him. Hell even Eagle, giants n Commanders fans gush about him

manster4ever

Reaction score
Hilarious. Dak is so charismatic. The media loves him.

They aren't the only ones. Thing is, I'm not easily amused. But this kid just GETS it. I love Tony too but it's a business. I hope and pray we get a #1 for him, if not a high 2 from someone like the Jets, 49ers (dread that thought) or even the Bears could really use him.

BTW....JJ really does look like the Crypt Keeper these days

Wood

Reaction score
I've never seen anything like to be honest. As great as Romo was........I don't think he ever commanded the media like that. Which I never understood but maybe it had to do with his "celebrity" early on.

its an interesting comparison. Romo seemed hungry for celebrity status yet seems so grounded. Dak goes back home to fish with his brothers on his break. I like both of them but prefer when QB is not in news outside of football.

erod

Reaction score
You don't agree? Seems it took at least a couple years for Romo to mature and gain focus.
With this offense the whole time, Romo would have three rings by now.

Sepia

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out why Jerry said that. I can only assume he heard his grandson use some youthful slang ("Dak made that defender his son!") and turned it into a Jerryism.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The turning down endorsements thing is huge in my eyes.

I remember him saying he turns them down to focus more on football.

Hard to hate this guy, even if you didn't want him. Hell even Eagle, giants n Commanders fans gush about him

That's been the crazy thing. I hear rivals say they hate that Dak plays for us lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
its an interesting comparison. Romo seemed hungry for celebrity status yet seems so grounded. Dak goes back home to fish with his brothers on his break. I like both of them but prefer when QB is not in news outside of football.
Yeah I have no problem with either approach but fans and the media are going to be more receptive to the Dak approach.

BigD16

Reaction score
I'm gonna come back to this thread whenever I'm feeling down lol :)

DFWJC

Reaction score
Commanded as in making jokes and having a good time with media? Romo always had that about him too. When the team is winning, everyone is happy, the media too.
Yes. It's early.
All the press is your buddy while you're winning. If there's much losing and if the QB plays a role in it, some turn hard on you. Really skewer you.
Then all of sudden, you aren't so thrilled to give them your time...or at least not in a buddy-buddy manner..

Dak hasn't had to deal with that. It'd be nice if he never did!
He IS very likable though.