Watch the Cowboys game online for free!

dalsyk

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
I gotta give props to speedkilz88 on this one.. he came up with the info.. i grabbed it from another thread, but i tried it and it is gonna work, so i thought it deserved its own thread.. here's what you do:

http://www.tvunetworks.com/downloads/index.htm

download the tvuplayer.. then when the player comes up, choose the 10018 CBS station.. right now, it is playing a kids show called "LazyTown", which is correct according to the station's official website program listings, which shows the Cowboys game also.. http://cbs5.com/programming

enjoy!!
Bless you!

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
IndianaCowboyFan said:
The channel guide com es up but nothing happens. Any ideas??

Try shutting down your PC and starting it up again. See if rebooting it works. It's worth a try.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
bobtheflob said:
These 49er announcers are brutal, but it's way better than watching the Commanders game (the only one on my tv). Not only does that one guy call Copper "Cooper", but he also said "Anthony Bryant"

haha, Amen. I'm in Alexandria as well. Got the Commanders game on TV. THeir Defense is looking pretty porous.. They did have Sean Taylor try to return a punt though.

Maroney is a beast.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I turned off my Norton Internet Security and now it's working. I might get a virus, but at least I get to see my Cowboys!!!

Funxva

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita said:
I turned off my Norton Internet Security and now it's working. I might get a virus, but at least I get to see my Cowboys!!!

You probably could just open up the port in your firewall in Norton that it is trying to access.

Funxva

Reaction score
6. tvuPlayer cannot be initialized, please check the network connection

This can have two causes as far as I know. First you need to check your firewalls settings if it blocks the ports that tvu player needs to connect to the channel list and the streaming clients. Second it could be that you are using a proxy server which does not allow connection to the tvuplayer at all.

Quoted from the comments of Worldcup Preparations post. (thanks gornea)
At start TVU Player uses UDP 3950, 3951 and 3952 then at least one of TCP 3950, 3951 or 3952. The TV channels list is obtained from a connection on port TCP 8080. All those connections are made to the server previously mentioned by others. When you choose a TV channel it uses UDP 3940 and then a TCP connection to 3940. Then you just get a rain of connections to other servers using UDP/TCP combinations. In the end it settles to only UDP streaming between peers and an brief TCP reconnection for control and status I guess.

from: http://www.ghacks.net/2006/06/13/little-tvu-player-faq-list/

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy said:
Try shutting down your PC and starting it up again. See if rebooting it works. It's worth a try.

Thanks, I tried that and turned off norton and still does not work. Any other ideas?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IndianaCowboyFan said:
Thanks, I tried that and turned off norton and still does not work. Any other ideas?

If you have the google or yahoo tool bar make sure you go into the popup blocker and allow the player to stream.

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
If you have the google or yahoo tool bar make sure you go into the popup blocker and allow the player to stream.

Nope don't have either toolbar and my popup blocker is off.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IndianaCowboyFan said:
Nope don't have either toolbar and my popup blocker is off.

Might just be a firewall of some sort on your ISP.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
I gotta give props to speedkilz88 on this one.. he came up with the info.. i grabbed it from another thread, but i tried it and it is gonna work, so i thought it deserved its own thread.. here's what you do:

http://www.tvunetworks.com/downloads/index.htm

download the tvuplayer.. then when the player comes up, choose the 10018 CBS station.. right now, it is playing a kids show called "LazyTown", which is correct according to the station's official website program listings, which shows the Cowboys game also.. http://cbs5.com/programming

enjoy!!

You're my hero!!!

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does anyone know what the heck Antonio Bryant just said? I heard "hit somebody in the mouth" and the rest was mush.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the info. on being able to watch it on my computer...many, many thanks.