Watching Mahomes, coparing to dak and tears

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by CowboysFaninHouston, Jan 20, 2019.

1. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

13,550 Messages
    31,300 Likes Received
    A qb/team is only as good as they're coached, period.

2. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

3,015 Messages
    1,604 Likes Received
    Talent has nothing to do with it, question mark

3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

44,301 Messages
    30,972 Likes Received
  4. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

3,637 Messages
    2,486 Likes Received
    Find the proof of your lazy take.

5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

93,966 Messages
    19,128 Likes Received
    There are things Mahomes does that I would not want any QB to try. His no look passes, throwing back across the field, throwing left handed. Even he says these are things he is trying to avoid. As he said in an interview " He is trying to learn not to force it on broken plays" Extending plays is one thing it is another when you have a break down and end up foolishly turning it over instead of ditching it and living to play another down. Don't get me wrong there are things I like in Mahomes and things that would make any coach nervous as hell

6. Starforever

Starforever Well-Known Member

704 Messages
    388 Likes Received
    Question is, at this point in their careers, would you rather have Dak or Mahomes in a Cowboy uniform.

7. TheDude

TheDude McLovin

8,251 Messages
    6,414 Likes Received
    Would you trade Dak for Mahomes straight up?

8. DUO_CORE

DUO_CORE Well-Known Member

245 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    You're the one asking for it; don't be lazy and go find it yourself.

9. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

33,836 Messages
    30,333 Likes Received
    Hell yes.

TheDude likes this.
  10. Philmonroe

3,637 Messages
    2,486 Likes Received
    Youre the one lying so I wanted to see your proof. See you have none just making up stuff. Thanks

11. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

3,131 Messages
    1,913 Likes Received
    So every quarterback that didn't win a SB his second year is trash.

Yeah I get it...:rolleyes:

12. Northern_Cowboy

Northern_Cowboy Well-Known Member

1,210 Messages
    1,343 Likes Received
    I would trade Dak, Zeke and Lawrence plus another 1st round pick for Mahomes and i wouldn't lose a single nights sleep over the deal

TheDude likes this.
  13. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian @BrianLINY Zone Supporter

15,212 Messages
    4,099 Likes Received
    Mahomes has done it for one year.

I think he is the real deal, but my point stands -
    Dak's done it for 3.
    He's got records, accolades, and is a starting caliber QB. He'll shake out to be a Carson Palmer level guy, a top 12, pushing top 8 at times. He can win it, but not when it is all on his back.

14. DUO_CORE

245 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    If you know I'm lying you must have seen the proof. Why should I go searching for it again?
    You kids that sit in Mommy's basement have that kind of time; I, do not.

15. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

8,106 Messages
    2,873 Likes Received
    you missed the point. this was in response to your comment..it was in regards to Dak and Brady, not every QB in the league....and this is your quote here.

"and Brady's been in the league for 20 years, Dak 3. Can Dak get better at what Brady does?

Unknown at this point, if he doesn't in the next couple of years, he won't ever."

you said Brady has been in the league for 20 years. yes. can that get better at what brady does? that was your question. my response to that very specific comment is that Brady won superbowl in his second year, thus dak hasn't sniffed NFCG in 3 years, how can Dak do better than Brady? brady has been in 9 superbowls....

so you are trying to spin a specific response to a specific comment and make a general inference.

Dak after 3 years hasn't shown he can be anything close to Brady at any level. as parcells used to say after 3 years you are pretty much what you are.....can Dak change? perhaps. anyone can. what's the probability of him turning into an elite QB, probably less than 1%

16. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

3,131 Messages
    1,913 Likes Received
    I didn't say Dak could do better at Brady, I questioned he could get better at what Brady does, i.e. pocket presence, etc. Besides, not every quarterback develops at the same rate, my point was that he possibly can get better...

CowboysFaninHouston likes this.
  17. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

8,106 Messages
    2,873 Likes Received
    in that case, then yes, he should get better. needs to get better. lets wait and see if he does.

LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  18. Philmonroe

3,637 Messages
    2,486 Likes Received
    The ole I sit in moms basement line. We can easily prove that isn't true so please try again with something that is actually true. You say you don't have time but you have time to make up exaggerations on a messageboard? I don't know if you don't have time like you claim my fellow poster. I just would like for grown people to stop exaggerating like little kids. Guess I'm asking for too much. Good day.

19. DUO_CORE

245 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    Everything I posted is true: I'll leave it up to you to prove it since you're the only one it seems to bother.
    This is a message board where us fans get together and posts are beliefs (pertaining to the Cowboys) and our desires along with our agreements and disagreements (again pertaining to the Cowboys.

Now go get your shine box! lol (I'm just kidding of course)

Good day to you too.

20. Mobinvans

Mobinvans Well-Known Member

2,566 Messages
    4,184 Likes Received
    Mahomes and Dak dont even live on the same planet