Watching Mahomes, coparing to dak and tears

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
watchingall the great QB play today...watching mahomes and seeing how he leads a receiver, even on a simple screen... so he doesn't have to slow down , just catch and run at full speed ....and comparing to dak, when he throws...behind a WR, the receiver contorting his body, stopping, reaching back..... even on a simple out or screen pass, then having to regroup, figure out his next move and get tackled for a loss or gain of 1....accuracy is not the location you are throwing the ball, but knowing where to throw the ball. just brings tears to my eyes....we are limited. very limited. how far can we go? not far or perhaps as far as zeke can take us....
A qb/team is only as good as they're coached, period.

DFWJC

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Doomsday101

Reaction score
watchingall the great QB play today...watching mahomes and seeing how he leads a receiver, even on a simple screen... so he doesn't have to slow down , just catch and run at full speed ....and comparing to dak, when he throws...behind a WR, the receiver contorting his body, stopping, reaching back..... even on a simple out or screen pass, then having to regroup, figure out his next move and get tackled for a loss or gain of 1....accuracy is not the location you are throwing the ball, but knowing where to throw the ball. just brings tears to my eyes....we are limited. very limited. how far can we go? not far or perhaps as far as zeke can take us....

There are things Mahomes does that I would not want any QB to try. His no look passes, throwing back across the field, throwing left handed. Even he says these are things he is trying to avoid. As he said in an interview " He is trying to learn not to force it on broken plays" Extending plays is one thing it is another when you have a break down and end up foolishly turning it over instead of ditching it and living to play another down. Don't get me wrong there are things I like in Mahomes and things that would make any coach nervous as hell

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Question is, at this point in their careers, would you rather have Dak or Mahomes in a Cowboy uniform.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Mahomes has done it for one year.

I think he is the real deal, but my point stands -
Dak's done it for 3.
He's got records, accolades, and is a starting caliber QB. He'll shake out to be a Carson Palmer level guy, a top 12, pushing top 8 at times. He can win it, but not when it is all on his back.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Youre the one lying so I wanted to see your proof. See you have none just making up stuff. Thanks

If you know I'm lying you must have seen the proof. Why should I go searching for it again?
You kids that sit in Mommy's basement have that kind of time; I, do not.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So every quarterback that didn't win a SB his second year is trash.

Yeah I get it...:rolleyes:
you missed the point. this was in response to your comment..it was in regards to Dak and Brady, not every QB in the league....and this is your quote here.

"and Brady's been in the league for 20 years, Dak 3. Can Dak get better at what Brady does?

Unknown at this point, if he doesn't in the next couple of years, he won't ever."

you said Brady has been in the league for 20 years. yes. can that get better at what brady does? that was your question. my response to that very specific comment is that Brady won superbowl in his second year, thus dak hasn't sniffed NFCG in 3 years, how can Dak do better than Brady? brady has been in 9 superbowls....

so you are trying to spin a specific response to a specific comment and make a general inference.

Dak after 3 years hasn't shown he can be anything close to Brady at any level. as parcells used to say after 3 years you are pretty much what you are.....can Dak change? perhaps. anyone can. what's the probability of him turning into an elite QB, probably less than 1%

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
my response to that very specific comment is that Brady won superbowl in his second year, thus dak hasn't sniffed NFCG in 3 years, how can Dak do better than Brady? brady has been in 9 superbowls....

I didn't say Dak could do better at Brady, I questioned he could get better at what Brady does, i.e. pocket presence, etc. Besides, not every quarterback develops at the same rate, my point was that he possibly can get better...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I didn't say Dak could do better at Brady, I questioned he could get better at what Brady does, i.e. pocket presence, etc. Besides, not every quarterback develops at the same rate, my point was that he possibly can get better...
in that case, then yes, he should get better. needs to get better. lets wait and see if he does.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
If you know I'm lying you must have seen the proof. Why should I go searching for it again?
You kids that sit in Mommy's basement have that kind of time; I, do not.
The ole I sit in moms basement line. We can easily prove that isn't true so please try again with something that is actually true. You say you don't have time but you have time to make up exaggerations on a messageboard? I don't know if you don't have time like you claim my fellow poster. I just would like for grown people to stop exaggerating like little kids. Guess I'm asking for too much. Good day.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
The ole I sit in moms basement line. We can easily prove that isn't true so please try again with something that is actually true. You say you don't have time but you have time to make up exaggerations on a messageboard? I don't know if you don't have time like you claim my fellow poster. I just would like for grown people to stop exaggerating like little kids. Guess I'm asking for too much. Good day.

Everything I posted is true: I'll leave it up to you to prove it since you're the only one it seems to bother.
This is a message board where us fans get together and posts are beliefs (pertaining to the Cowboys) and our desires along with our agreements and disagreements (again pertaining to the Cowboys.

Now go get your shine box! lol (I'm just kidding of course)

Good day to you too.