Watkins: Collins release probable

cowboyec

Reaction score
i've seen more from terrence steele since he's been here than i've seen from collins.

besides...i thought we were overrated?
its not like we've won anything with him.
or is that only a thing when they're here...and not when they get released or traded?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This roster clearly wasn’t built for a 40 million dollar cap hit from the QB.

We’re shedding talent like a Chow sheds hair.

When you got an elite QB you are paying $40+ mill to, you can get by with less talent at other positions, see the Packers and Aaron Rogers.

Here is the problem..............we are paying our QB $40+ mill, but he aint Arod or anything close to being Arod so we cant really get by with less talent, but we have to because of the cap hit.

In other words, Jerry and idiot boy have botched this roster building so bad it is just laughable. These idiots have no clue what the hell they are doing. I feel bad for MM, when this team wins 6 games next year he is going to be the scapegoat.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hit "big" is a stretch. They found a couple of decent nuggets, that's it.

And last year didn't see the talent run off that we are seeing now before even signing anyone.

It's pretty clear short of a pretty awesome draft, the 2022 Cowboys will be less talented than the 2021 one. So the coaching is going to have to fill in the gaps.

Coaching is going to fill in the gaps, Fat Mike and Wonder Boy to the rescue.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
$10 million if you designate it post June 1st

Which is why I think it's doubtful we can trade him. I think the Cowboys have to choose between getting a pick and saving more money, and if the pick isn't high enough, the savings is more important to them.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
i've seen more from terrence steele since he's been here than i've seen from collins.

besides...i thought we were overrated?
its not like we've won anything with him.
or is that only a thing when they're here...and not when they get released or traded?
Legit question.

Do the Cowboys ever make moves that you do not blindly love?

It seems everything they do is met with gleeful approval from you.

terra

Reaction score
Dak is going to need to get his running shoes ready.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
When you got an elite QB you are paying $40+ mill to, you can get by with less talent at other positions, see the Packers and Aaron Rogers.

Here is the problem..............we are paying our QB $40+ mill, but he aint Arod or anything close to being Arod so we cant really get by with less talent, but we have to because of the cap hit.

In other words, Jerry and idiot boy have botched this roster building so bad it is just laughable. These idiots have no clue what the hell they are doing. I feel bad for MM, when this team wins 6 games next year he is going to be the scapegoat.

Dak's contract was set up from the beginning for cap relief. The Cowboys gained $15 million of room last week by simply activating a clause in it. The face value of the deal looks like $40 million per year but it really isn't. That's why there are two "ghost years" added to the end of Prescott's deal; the team can simply spread his cash out for the next five-six years and end up paying significantly less per season than it appears.

Let's not make everything about Dak. The D-Law restructure just put the team $27 million under the cap. The Cowboys have gotten a lot of things wrong over the past 26 years but they have the cap thing more or less figured out.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
They can redeem themselves by cutting Dak.

So who's plan B at quarterback? Cooper Rush? Jimmy Garoppolo? Marcus Mariota? Andy Dalton? Will Grier? Ben DiNucci? Or somebody from the worst rookie class of QB's in around ten years?

Sydla

Reaction score
Which is why I think it's doubtful we can trade him. I think the Cowboys have to choose between getting a pick and saving more money, and if the pick isn't high enough, the savings is more important to them.

The bigger issue is that they have a deadline of one week here to make a decision. So they can't push this beyond March 21st and try to trade him closer to the draft. $6.4 million of his base salary becomes guaranteed on March 21st. So if they have him on the roster beyond that, they have an additional $6.4 million in cap charges to accelerate if they cut him. They could trade him still and that $6.4 million is shifted to another team but that's a big risk.

Teams aren't stupid. They know Dallas wants him gone and they know the Cowboys have a big deadline in 7 days. So why offer much for a guy they know the Cowboys are lilkely gonna cut in a week?

chicago JK

Reaction score
I can certainly see the Cowboys frustration with Collins. Didn't he come in out of shape two years ago, get hurt, and then miss the season. This year he was careless and suspended. Cowboys played their best ball when he was out. There is a chance Collins gets a lot of attention because he was a surefire first round pick who slipped before the draft. In all honesty, he has probably been slightly above average to above average. He certainly has the talent, but he really probably has been more hype then substance. I could be certainly be way off though. Maybe Dallas is tired of putting up with it. There is a chance he goes somewhere else and plays really well. That is definitely a possibility.

Personally, I am fine with moving on from Cooper. I would have preferred to stick with Collins for at least another year. Is playing him at guard just a non starter?