Watkins is on IR

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2457976 said:
Because a 16 game season of of is not a one time event where there is no force that biases any particular outcome, like flipping a coin. A 16 game season is an accumulated series of events. The larger the accumulation of events and the larger the sample the less gambler's falacy becomes applicable and the more regression to the mean comes into play.

In other words, that's nice that you flipped the coin heads 90 times in a row, but it's highly atypical. Are you willing to put money down that you're going to be able to flip it heads again 90 times in a row?
Actually, both can be viewed as a single event or as a series of events. What you actually meant to say was that there are too many factors involved, and too small a sample size to view, to really compare the probabilities of such events.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
ninja;2457966 said:
Watkins is done as a Cowboy. Roy Williams may be done as a safety, and if he can't play LB, he may be done as a Cowboy. Unless he has a great camp, assuming he isn't traded before camp.

Henry should never play CB again. He should be a safety from here on out.

You may be right about all of that. But the club has been trying to trade Henry. I don't see that stopping. Unless he wants to go to safety and the club wants him to do so, he may be traded.

Watkins may play his way off the club but he has a four year contract so he'll be back. He may get traded or just cut but I don't think that's likely.

RW I can't even guess. He'll be back next year unless they just cut him. They may be able to trade him but I don't even know if we can get anything for him. He did play in a LB position in some schemes. Maybe there's a place for him there. Smaller LBs have played that position successfully.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
so long sissy! it had to be done since he would probably break his own neck against Pittsburgh.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Just saw this on the DC.com blog...

Watkins, who served as a safety on subpackages, had his struggles in pass coverage and against the run as well, and Wade Phillips said he would have lost the job to second-year safety Courtney Brown even if he hadn't been reinjured against San Francisco on Nov. 23.

Interesting, I hadn't heard that before.

I did hear Wade say that Brown shows really good ball skills in practice but they just haven't shown up in games yet. Just hope he tackles when he's in on defense.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2458241 said:

I did hear Wade say that Brown shows really good ball skills in practice but they just haven't shown up in games yet. Just hope he tackles when he's in on defense.

That is interesting. Gotta love the speed he brings to the table....but he's certainly not going to give any WR's nightmares.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Good thing for Pat.

At the rate he was tackling, he would of probably broke his neck in this upcoming game.

Kid needs to learn how to tackle, and I don't know if he will ever get there.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2458241 said:

Watkins, who served as a safety on subpackages, had his struggles in pass coverage and against the run as well, and Wade Phillips said he would have lost the job to second-year safety Courtney Brown even if he hadn't been reinjured against San Francisco on Nov. 23.

Well this is great news. If we can get a safety who can cover passes then we have solved a major problem. Let's get another one.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Is McBriar's foot going to be o.k.? I hope so.

I know about a punter in college who can booom it. He will get drafted, just like his brother. He's had some issues, though.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
That stinks. I know he wasn't doing well this year, and wasn't healthy, but I'm guilty of being a homer and liking him and wishing he'd really be able to turn it on while in the games.

Hopefully this doesn't end his career here cause I actually really like him.

Section446

Reaction score
Smith22;2458254 said:
Yes. I live in the area and have heard them mention it more than once.
That's amazing considering how well they've done to this point.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
bbgun;2457985 said:
I'll miss his skinny, underachieving ***. Not.

haha.

Kind of what I was thinking.

Hes pretty much a warm body. If the team started churning that bottom section of the roster, his spot would be jeopardy.

kmd24

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2457976 said:
Because a 16 game season of of is not a one time event where there is no force that biases any particular outcome
Of course there are forces that bias the outcome for one team relative to another. Things like the quality of the training staff, teaching proper tackling technique, appropriate practice schedules, and the age of the players will influence a team's injury total.

In other words, that's nice that you flipped the coin heads 90 times in a row, but it's highly atypical.
What I actually said was 90 of 100 results were heads, but either way, how can you say that it is atypical unless you have some specific knowledge about the probability of each result for a given flip?

Are you willing to put money down that you're going to be able to flip it heads again 90 times in a row?

I'm talking about having a preconception (that a coin is fair) and being presented with a data set that refutes that preconception. In such a case, you are wise to challenge your preconception. So, given the data set that I proposed, I would be willing to put money down that the result of the next flip would be heads, as long as the odds I was asked to lay were favorable relative to my estimation of the probability of flipping heads, probably 4:1 or better.

In terms of your argument, your hypothesis is that all teams are equally likely to experience an average number of injuries. I'm suggesting that data indicating that a particular team experienced well below that average for several years in a row ought to make you question that hypothesis (see Bayesian inference).

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Smith22;2457801 said:
Ravens have 16 on IR I believe.

I know we have McBriar, Kosier, Jones, Hurd, Roy and Watkins on IR. After that I am a little fuzzy.
What sucsk for us is that those are starters or major/key impact players (even roy)

Rudy

Reaction score
The IR is probably the only roster Watkins feels comfortable...I guess those draftniks knew what they were talking about when he fell to the 5th(?) round. Him and Stanback can tear acl's playing Wii.

burmafrd

Reaction score
BP told watkins to change his style of tackling or get injured.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
I consider two of those in IR to be major contributors. McBriar and Felix Jones with Koiser in second tier. The rest just does not stand out as "dam wish we had them right now." I think we have about average of what the league has in IR but would be interesting to see #'s.