Way too Early but...

ghst187

Reaction score
Hostile said:
It is never too early to talk Draft. Players I am already watching closely.

Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
Ahmad Brooks, ILB, Virginia
Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon
Rod Wright, DT, Texas
Martin Nance, WR, Miami Ohio
Todd Watkins, WR, BYU
D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
Eric Winston, OT, Miami
Darnell Bing, S, USC
Santonio Holmas, WR, Ohio State
Spencer Havner, ILB, UCLA

throw in Gabe Watson DT from U of Mich. Jason Avant WR u of Mich, and Steve Breaston KR/PR. Watson is massive and might be a good 3-4 anchor at the NT. Every game I saw, he was super quick off the snap and in the backfield nearly every play.

I love Ahmad Brooks talent and abilities at LB but the more I've read about him the more I think we'll pass on him even if we got the chance. He has some baggage. Kind of a thug. The only catch is that he IS an Al Groh guy.

Another thing to watch, if Bledsoe sucks and Henson sucks...will we move to #1 and get Leinert? Hopefully none of that happens but....never know. What about Chris Leak? I think he'll be a Jr this coming season. I don't think i've ever enjoyed watching another QB play quite as much.
As for WR, I don't see a lot of college guys that excite right now. I think we have to bring someone in next offseason, a #1 possession type. My guess is probably a FA or trade. We'll see.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
throw in Gabe Watson DT from U of Mich. Jason Avant WR u of Mich, and Steve Breaston KR/PR. Watson is massive and might be a good 3-4 anchor at the NT. Every game I saw, he was super quick off the snap and in the backfield nearly every play.

I love Ahmad Brooks talent and abilities at LB but the more I've read about him the more I think we'll pass on him even if we got the chance. He has some baggage. Kind of a thug. The only catch is that he IS an Al Groh guy.

Another thing to watch, if Bledsoe sucks and Henson sucks...will we move to #1 and get Leinert? Hopefully none of that happens but....never know. What about Chris Leak? I think he'll be a Jr this coming season. I don't think i've ever enjoyed watching another QB play quite as much.
As for WR, I don't see a lot of college guys that excite right now. I think we have to bring someone in next offseason, a #1 possession type. My guess is probably a FA or trade. We'll see.
Thanks for the info. I have not yet read up on Watson. I do like Avent.

Leinart has Miami Dolphin written all over him as I think they will blow chunks this year.

I am not sold on Leak. If we did go QB (which I doubt) I like Paul Pinegar from Fresno State. You know me and QB pedigree.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Ngata NT is my first thought

Impact WR or a stud ILB on our list.