Way way too comfortable

shabazz

Reaction score
Because???

This is a very very good draft so far.
Not too bad. Drafts can be bad for only two reasons....either positions weren't addressed or the players were the wrong choice.

So far, position wise, it's been good with exception of RB.....now let's hope the players were right AND they stay healthy enough to evaluate and contribute

amame25

Reaction score
We want them to act like a winning football team, not a marketing arm for the Jones family.
A marketing arm would have gone for the “wow” factor. But don’t let facts get in the way of hyperbole.

MikeT22

Reaction score
The Chiefs didn't got out and sign a bunch of free agents. They actually and continue to lose players and still are successful. Tom Brady/Belichick Patriots were terrible at drafting and didn't go big time free agent hunting and still won.

That's What
So we need a better HC and QB. I agree.

Flamma

Reaction score
So expect a 5 win season this year and the next few years whether with Dak this year or Lance or some other rookie QB drafted next year and beyond? Is that something to be excited about?
We're not going to win 5 games. This is a 10 win team minimum. They know how to keep the ball rolling, or rearrange the chairs on the deck. What they don't do is make moves with the intent to get better results from the previous season. That's what bothers me. If we do get better results, it's because we hit on draft picks. Zeke in 2016, Parsons and Diggs.

I think they're going to sign Dak to something stupid next year. But if they don't because he craps all over the field in our next playoff game, they can start Lance in 2025. Yes, the 3 wins we'll get will be exciting. We'll get a top pick in 2026. Then cross your fingers. Because what we're doing now is not getting us over the hump.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Mod Edit: https://www.chatsports.com/philadel...t-on-the-eagles-2024-nfl-draft-picks-17870335

Howie Roseman, Nick Sirianni reflect on the Eagles 2024 NFL Draft picks​

The Eagles drafted nine players, made nine trades, and came away with a lot of guys they valued these past three days.

It depends on you definition of exaggeration.. they fired o and d coordinator, qb coach db coach dl coach, etc etc.

Far from exaggeration!!!
He said they made at least 10 trades since the end of the season and fired everyone. The last I checked Sirianni was still the HC. He exaggerated!

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/eagles-howie-roseman-nfl-draft-trade-record.

PHILADELPHIA -- The Eagles tied an NFL record for most trades in a seven-round draft with eight, joining the 2023 Houston Texans and 2018 New England Patriots for most draft-day trades since 1990

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If you guys haven’t learned by the past few season, you will never learn.
There isn’t a team in the NFL that has beaten us with skill, electricity, skill, zip.
Every year we are beaten by physical football teams that stop the run and run the football.
It’s been years since we could stop the run, and as our OL has aged, we haven’t been able to run.

So they finally start building the team the way most of us have begged for years, both trenches and defense. We are making a conscious effort to bring in big, strong, nasty football players (even the wr and cb are big strong guys who like to hit), guys that may actually compete in the playoffs instead of wilting and trying to run around guys.

And you guys aren’t happy. It’s sad. It’s time to face the facts that we cannot compete with physical teams. I’m thrilled with this draft.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Yes the iggles made several moves, as they do every year. And yes, we sat on our hands this off season and resting our hopes on the draft. If indeed we are dumping Dak then this seems to be a descent start of rebuilding key parts. It's kind of hard doing so with the picks we had as well

mldardy

Reaction score
“They’ve tried” same bozos running the show for 30 years. No other franchise in any sport would continue w these bozos for 30 years with nothing to show for it.

So now, they have not tried
You keep saying the same thing over and over. They hired Parcells, went out and got TO, rebuilding the line through the draft multiple times, drafting a franchise RB multiple times, signing Romo and Dak to contract extensions when they could have let them walk. Those and more are all examples of trying. As I said some of it worked , most of it didn’t but they did try.

Like I said you don’t know what you are talking about. You probably been a Cowboy fan for 15 years and just repeating regurgitated crap your father told you.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You keep saying the same thing over and over. They hired Parcells, went out and got TO, rebuilding the line through the draft multiple times, drafting a franchise RB multiple times, signing Romo and Dak to contract extensions when they could have let them walk. Those and more are all examples of trying. As I said some of it worked , most of it didn’t but they did try.

Like I said you don’t know what you are talking about. You probably been a Cowboy fan for 15 years and just repeating regurgitated crap your father told you.
Daaaaaammmmnnnnnn!!!!!

Talk about putting the final nail in the coffin with the body still warm.

:lmao::laugh::muttley:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We're not going to win 5 games. This is a 10 win team minimum. They know how to keep the ball rolling, or rearrange the chairs on the deck. What they don't do is make moves with the intent to get better results from the previous season. That's what bothers me. If we do get better results, it's because we hit on draft picks. Zeke in 2016, Parsons and Diggs.

I think they're going to sign Dak to something stupid next year. But if they don't because he craps all over the field in our next playoff game, they can start Lance in 2025. Yes, the 3 wins we'll get will be exciting. We'll get a top pick in 2026. Then cross your fingers. Because what we're doing now is not getting us over the hump.
Lol. Time will soon tell.

superonyx

Reaction score
The Eagles choked in the playoffs and fired everybody…

They have made at least 10 trades since last season ended.

We are happy to sit back and wait to pick some scrub in the fifth round who may or may not make the team,

The Giants are making trades. The Jets are making trades. The Chiefs are making trades..

We are a disgusting front office. in fact, I think Quinn is very irreplaceable and I do think it was time for him to go as his defense kind of hit the wall however, Dan Quinn’s greatest attribute may be on draft day.

This draft is a big zero make no mistake ZERO.

No electricity, no speed no zip. No wow factor.
Funny when you want to give the eagles front office so much credit while not holding them accountable for the reason they fell apart last year. Remember last year after FA and the draft everyone had Howie Rosemans balls in their mouth because he keeps drafting the Georgia defense. They had Ridick, then let their safety go. They got D Swift....

They are going to win the SB everyone here said. What happened? So making moved in an effort to cover your bad moves from a year ago suddenly makes the new moves so amazing?

XXLMike

Reaction score
Funny when you want to give the eagles front office so much credit while not holding them accountable for the reason they fell apart last year. Remember last year after FA and the draft everyone had Howie Rosemans balls in their mouth because he keeps drafting the Georgia defense. They had Ridick, then let their safety go. They got D Swift....

They are going to win the SB everyone here said. What happened? So making moved in an effort to cover your bad moves from a year ago suddenly makes the new moves so amazing?
are you not paying attention? They completely shredded their entire staff and went wild in free agency wake up, dude.

superonyx

Reaction score
are you not paying attention? They completely shredded their entire staff and went wild in free agency wake up, dude.
I think it you thats isnt paying attention dude.
Read what I've said. Why give them credit for what they have done when it hasnt produced any positive results.
I'm not ball riding moves without seeing if they worked. Also if you want to give credit for the good moves then give criticism for the reasons they have to make drastic moves.
That reason is because last years moves were failures.

This isnt that hard.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I think it you thats isnt paying attention dude.
Read what I've said. Why give them credit for what they have done when it hasnt produced any positive results.
I'm not ball riding moves without seeing if they worked. Also if you want to give credit for the good moves then give criticism for the reasons they have to make drastic moves.
That reason is because last years moves were failures.

This isnt that hard.
The 49ers are the best team in the NFC. Detroit and Green Bay are on a good trajectory. Philly and Dallas are having to do something to be able to continue to compete with those three. Chicago and Washington seem to at least have some direction, I think both will come in last in their division. No better than third. But they’re coming, soon. The Cowboys deal with their challenges their way. Philly deals with them their way. The difference is repeated failure results in ranking FO personnel being terminated in Philly. In Dallas, that is not the case. The same guys run the team no matter what. Eagles and Cowboys will both win less games than they won last season.