CFZ Ways to help the run defense improve

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Just saying while Blands has flashed and been better then KJ but hes giving up plays as well.. kind of boom or bust guy.. sure much more upside than KJ for sure..ill trust him, some are talking moving Bland outside and using Alexander inside as hes a better slot guy on the team and if Bland can adjust to the outside, we improved our secondary immediately. it is what you might see Saturday.

we have 3 gams to get that worked out as the playoff game is the only one that will truly count.
I’m right there with you, I mentioned Bland has been burned a few times but like you say boom or bust. As long as a decent amount of boom is sprinkled in I’m good with it. I was upset with KJ because I hadn’t seen any boom plays.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not that it’s going to solve our major issue, but maybe Trayvon Mullen would provide better corner play than our younger guys at this point.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Don’t need to tell Cowboys fans this - we’ve had trouble stopping the run for multiple years. This year, the Cowboys defense is 8th in total defense, 3rd against the pass, and wait for it… 25th against the run. Until proven otherwise, the game plan to beat the Cowboys will be simple- run the ball- especially outside the tackles.

So we have 3 regular season games left before the playoffs. What can this team do to improve our ability to stop the run and improve our defense going into the playoffs?
Sadly, there is no hidden talent coming to rescue this run defense. We have to get better with what we have. If this offense can stop the slow starts, the defense set the edge and tackle better, that alone can improve what has become the chief weakness our opponents will continue to exploit unless we improve.

Cox has been a disappointment, even when LVE is hurt , he cant get into the line up …

the hyped Cox and Ball , were a big disappointment overall….